Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Sep 29, 2021, 5:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, WoH Explorist
Question for the knowledgeable people out there. Purchased standard fare with Air Canada but operated by United. YUL - ORD - SAN.

YUL - ORD posted with 50% SQM as expected (United fare class L). ORD - SAN on the other hand only posted with 25% SQM because it's fare class K which only grants 25% SQM according to the earnings chart. Didn't think the United fare bucket mattered when purchasing a standard fare through Air Canada? Was expecting to see 50% SQM due to purchasing a standard fare.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Oh that was totally sarcastic. Of course I'm calling again

~900 SQM, ~4400 LQM, and some number of SQD are missing. ~3800 points will be missing when I select benefits. This is just so unacceptable.
SMH. Just SMH.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 9:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Oh that was totally sarcastic. Of course I'm calling again

~900 SQM, ~4400 LQM, and some number of SQD are missing. ~3800 points will be missing when I select benefits. This is just so unacceptable.
You should pull the DYKWIA card along with your SEMM status. Next stop would be emailing Scott or Mark
zrh2yvr likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 11:55 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by jdj84
I've emailed Super Elite 4 times over the past month. Twice, about some missing segments going back to May that they will haven't corrected - They've responded to that one, saying it's been escalated. The first reminder email was a month ago, as it's well past the 10 weeks they said, and still haven't received a response. Emailed again a few days ago, and was told it was sent through to Aeroplan yet again... still nothing. Sent two other emails to Super Elite, as I didn't get the SQM and SQS from my Business Visa at the beginning of September, missing LQM, some priority rewards just disappeared, and a few other things going on in my account... and haven't received a reply.
I have a similar issue with some missing SE 100% bonus points but am not holding out much hope given your (and other) experiences.

I may ping them again, but right now I think I need to escalate my banked year of SE that was earned in 2019 and that disappeared about 6 weeks ago. My request is no doubt lost in general inquiry queue.

I shoulda told my privileged tale of woe to the Aeroplan guys when they we here last week. A missed opportunity I guess.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 10:00 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SweFlyer
Question for the knowledgeable people out there. Purchased standard fare with Air Canada but operated by United. YUL - ORD - SAN.

YUL - ORD posted with 50% SQM as expected (United fare class L). ORD - SAN on the other hand only posted with 25% SQM because it's fare class K which only grants 25% SQM according to the earnings chart. Didn't think the United fare bucket mattered when purchasing a standard fare through Air Canada? Was expecting to see 50% SQM due to purchasing a standard fare.
Earnings are always based on the operating carrier. UA doesn't sell "Standard" fares. Although it may have appeared under the Standard option on the AC website, it was still just a K fare on UA, and therefore earned 25%.
SweFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Flew AC 008 last week. Just like the trip to Hong Kong last month the domestic segment posted right away, but the TPAC segment has failed to post. The online form just errors out.
I've sent an email, but why is the system so bad at posting simple trips?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
LOL, this is just sad. I already got a response on my email to [email protected]. Whoever handled it obviously just punched the info into the request for missing points page as I got another rejection message from it right before the useless reply telling me that it was rejected. Like, no kidding, I included that in my email to [email protected], hence why I sent an email in the first place.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 8:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Earnings are always based on the operating carrier. UA doesn't sell "Standard" fares. Although it may have appeared under the Standard option on the AC website, it was still just a K fare on UA, and therefore earned 25%.
Appreciate the clarification!
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott, BW, Avis
I too am missing some LQM so I emailed customer relations a week ago. I got a call back from an Aeroplan call centre supervisor who confirmed that this is a known issue that is affecting multiple people. They are working on a fix and hope to have it out soon. I wasn't the first person to call and if the fix takes much longer we'll likely see a notice sent out so that people don't have to keep calling in. She also confirmed that it's not related to Jazz vs mainline flights. As long as your SQM are posting, the LQM will follow.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Bonvoy Tit; Accor Dia
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
I too am missing some LQM so I emailed customer relations a week ago. I got a call back from an Aeroplan call centre supervisor who confirmed that this is a known issue that is affecting multiple people. They are working on a fix and hope to have it out soon. I wasn't the first person to call and if the fix takes much longer we'll likely see a notice sent out so that people don't have to keep calling in. She also confirmed that it's not related to Jazz vs mainline flights. As long as your SQM are posting, the LQM will follow.
That's good to hear. I've had next to no follow-up, so here's hoping. Thanks for posting.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Due to a partial AeroLotto win, I recently had a PNR divided partway through a trip (at YUL, full itinerary YYC-YUL-BOS-YYZ-YYC).

My wife's miles for YYC-YUL-BOS posted fine*. I've received YUL-BOS, but not YYC-YUL. I'm guessing it's probably not going to credit unless and until I write in.

Anyone else experienced this before?

*Well, SQD looks too low, but I think that's a separate issue.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: Air Canada 75K 1MM, Qatar Gold, IHG
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist

Aeroplan just called me back after I made an inquiry to missing LQM. He said it was Jazz flights (QK prefix) are not accruing properly but AC are working properly. I did get the miles in my normal annual total.

At least they know something is not working properly.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Tofng
Aeroplan just called me back after I made an inquiry to missing LQM. He said it was Jazz flights (QK prefix) are not accruing properly but AC are working properly. At least they know something is not working properly.
Thanks for doing the work. That would be accurate with my experience. My QK flights from last week aren't accruing, but my AC mainline flights are showing fine.
Did they say that when it's fixed it'll automatically be added, or will we need to chase them down?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Tofng
Aeroplan just called me back after I made an inquiry to missing LQM. He said it was Jazz flights (QK prefix) are not accruing properly but AC are working properly. I did get the miles in my normal annual total.

At least they know something is not working properly.
But it's not all QK flights. I got credit just fine (including LQM) for two of them over the last couple weeks.

There may be a specific problem with QK, but it's not that QK flights just aren't posting LQM at all.

I wonder whether it has to do with flight numbers that are now used by QK but were previously reserved for something else that didn't earn mileage.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
I have an additional data point. My bookings with QK with a flight pass did accrue and the ones without a flight pass didn't.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.