Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2MM, bonvoy titanium lifetime, united silver
Ditto. And no cc sqm this month which has previously always happened within a day or two of points posting ? And no LQM 💩
Old Oct 29, 2021, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Well uh here's a new one...

Notice anything missing? Let's compare to the outbound...

So I got the points and the SQD, but not the SQM/SQS/COS
I got this as well on YVR-LHR. SQD given, along with the points, but no SQM or SQS, which is a first. I also got nothing for a YXE-YVR segment on the 24th.

Leave to AC's IT for coming up with new ways to screw this up.
WannabeSE and canadiancow like this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 6:35 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by WannabeSE
Does SQS and SQM post a different times?

Just had one of my YYC-YVR trips post as SQD and base miles, but nothing posted for SQS or SQM...
Same here. Same route.
painintheuk and WannabeSE like this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Bonvoy Tit; Accor Dia
[QUOTE=canadiancow;33680088]Well uh here's a new one...

Notice anything missing? Let's compare to the outbound...

I have now managed to have all possible scenarios on a single PNR:
  • YYJ - YVR, Comfort, L - no credit at all
  • YVR - YYZ, Comfort, L - SQM yes, COS no, SQD yes, SQS no, bonus yes
  • YYZ - YHZ, Comfort, L - full credit

This is starting to get seriously annoying.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 11:30 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / FB Platinum / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
And today, the SE bonus posted. But still no SQM/SQS/COS.
Same situation for a flight I took Oct 24. Base points & SQD posted fine, then 24 hours later the 75K bonus posted. No sign of SQM/SQS/COS. I changed the ticket multiple times (date/route/COS changes) so I was wondering if it was due to that, but now I suspect AC IT failure. Hopefully it will clear up on its own or my credit request won't get a pro forma denial because I will be relying on the SQM to upgrade to SE.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I'm still missing LQMs from my QK flights in August, and my Elite bonus points have not posted for any flights since August (mainline or Express).
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K / FB Platinum / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
On another note, why does it take soooo long for flights to post? Back when I used to fly DL points for their own flights posted as soon as the flight took off - and this was 20 years ago. So clearly the IT infrastructure is there.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:51 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Far Siren
On another note, why does it take soooo long for flights to post? Back when I used to fly DL points for their own flights posted as soon as the flight took off - and this was 20 years ago. So clearly the IT infrastructure is there.
The IT infrastructure is there at DL, not at AC.

For what it's worth, points have been posting more quickly since they moved to the new Aeroplan last year. My fights usually now post about 2 days after the flight, vs 4-8 days with the old system.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:52 am

You're lucky because I haven't had any flights post earlier than 72 hrs - sometimes 4 days.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:54 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Far Siren
You're lucky because I haven't had any flights post earlier than 72 hrs - sometimes 4 days.
That would still be better than with the old Aeroplan.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
That would still be better than with the old Aeroplan.
Great to hear the AC IT dept is moving in the right direction...
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2MM, bonvoy titanium lifetime, united silver
As per my posts above I’m missing sqm (and lqm) in relation to a doh - yyz flight earlier this month. I wrote to credits [MENTION=26335]air canada[/MENTION] and received a response that my query had been forwarded to the relevant partner airline and that I would hear back in 6 weeks. Not very helpful as all my legs were Ac on Ac metal which was clearly indicated on my submission. So … curious as to whether anyone else has contacted Ac and received a more helpful reply ?
Old Nov 1, 2021, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
And today, the SE bonus posted. But still no SQM/SQS/COS.
8 days later, the online form rejected it because it was "already credited".

So now I'm on the phone, the agent sees it, agrees with it, and now has to send it off to their crediting department.

I did mention some others had the same issue around the same time.

So now I have this, I have my issue from July 5... time to send another email about that.

It's even more annoying now because SQD actually matters. In the past, there was no difference between 24999 and 25000 AQD. But in the new program, that's a priority reward.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:03 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA Gold, AF Platinum, BV Titanium, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, National EE,
Just a DP on missing SQD. I got some help from a phone agent and within 2 days saw the proper SQD post and received a follow up e-mail as per below:

"Thank you for taking the time to write in. We have looked into your verification request and are glad to inform you that the SQD you were missing for this itinerary have now been added to your account. You can view this adjustment by signing into your account and then accessing the “Activities” tab.

Please do not hesitate to write back if ever you have other SQD related queries in the future.

Best regards,

Audrey

Aeroplan Elite team"

This email came from [email protected] in case anyone can make use of it. I'm trying again for another SQD issue and will report back. Hopefully I get a similar 2 days turnaround instead of the 6-10 week reply from the online submission.
painintheuk and EdmFlyBoi like this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:21 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Nice to see that Audrey is still there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.