Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2021, 3:17 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mgsctravels
Nope, end of November 2020. Card was linked on my AP account beginning of Dec.
I don't think how it's listed on anyone's list of transactions is going to answer your question of why yours was missed.

A bunch of people who did get them automatically reported not receiving the correct amounts (plenty of posts on that upthread). It seems like this was all around not a smooth process this year.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just noticed my Aeroplan dashboard shows the amount of miles I rolled over from last year (6895). Are miles or e-credits that are rolled over treated any differently? i.e. if I have 34,000 miles (6895 of them being rollover miles from last year), would I rollover 9000 miles to next year?

(I know there is a separate promo for rolling over everything if get 25K status, just wondering about this though)
Old Oct 3, 2021, 10:13 am

Rollover e upgrades to 2022 AC status match

I received my AC status match and currently a holder of a CIBC Aeroplan credit card. Will my E upgrade credits received from the status match be rolled over to 2022?
Old Oct 3, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadianidol
I received my AC status match and currently a holder of a CIBC Aeroplan credit card. Will my E upgrade credits received from the status match be rolled over to 2022?
If you have the CIBC VIP card, you can roll over up to 50 eUps on December 31. There's no distinction as to how they're earned.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If you have the CIBC VIP card, you can roll over up to 50 eUps on December 31. There's no distinction as to how they're earned.
I believe promotional eups and rollover from last year cannot be rolled over again.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by sha8192
I believe promotional eups and rollover from last year cannot be rolled over again.
Yes, but rollover eUps expire on December 30, so by December 31 they're gone

As for the promotional ones, true, but I don't ever remember AC issuing a promotional eUp that expired in conjunction with the status year. But I suppose it could happen.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Last year (2020 to 2021) the black card SQM rollover was for SQM in excess of the obtained status. In the CIBC AP VIP and AMEX AR Reserve cards I now see

CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card primary cardholders who also hold Aeroplan Elite Status will be able to roll over up to a maximum of 200,000 Status Qualifying Miles (“SQM”) from the prior qualification year to the next qualification year. This benefit applies when the member qualified for Aeroplan Elite Status by earning the required SQM or Status Qualifying Segments (“SQS”), as well as the required Status Qualifying Dollars (“SQD”), in the prior qualification year. If the member has been granted complimentary status, as determined by Air Canada, that is higher than the status they would have earned via their Status Qualifying balances, the roll over amount will be based on the status they would have earned otherwise (if any), and not the granted status. SQM rolled over from the previous qualifying year will apply towards status qualification for the following qualifying year. Rollover SQM will be deposited directly into the member's Aeroplan account no later than March 30 of any given year, provided the member earned at least Aeroplan 25K Status based on their Status Qualifying balances from the prior qualifying year.
https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-ban...lege-card.html

Basic Cardmembers who also hold Aeroplan Elite Status will be able to roll over up to a maximum of 200,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) from the prior qualification year to the next qualification year. This benefit applies when the member qualified for Aeroplan Elite Status by earning the required SQM or Status Qualifying Segments (SQS), as well as the required Status Qualifying Dollars (SQD), in the prior qualification year. If the member has been granted complimentary status, as determined by Air Canada, that is higher than the status they would have earned via their Status Qualifying balances, the rollover amount will be based on the status they would have earned otherwise (if any), and not the granted status. SQM rolled over from the previous qualifying year will apply towards status qualification for the following qualifying year. Rollover SQM will be deposited directly into the member's Aeroplan account no later than March 30 of any given year, provided the member earned at least Aeroplan 25K Status based on their Status Qualifying balances from the prior qualifying year.
https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/e...oplan-reserve/

No mention of excess so does that mean for 2021-2022 you get to roll all your SQM over and double up with the AP jump start that came with the status extension?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Last year (2020 to 2021) the black card SQM rollover was for SQM in excess of the obtained status. In the CIBC AP VIP and AMEX AR Reserve cards I now see

[...]

No mention of excess so does that mean for 2021-2022 you get to roll all your SQM over and double up with the AP jump start that came with the status extension?
Do you have the old T&C for comparison? That seems like a pretty significant shift that would get very costly for them to offer.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: AC*SE

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Do you have the old T&C for comparison? That seems like a pretty significant shift that would get very costly for them to offer.
AC has a promo this year where if you achieve any level of status this year (Elite Status qualification jumpstart for 2022), so everyone will roll-over those SQM/SQD to next year, so any other rollover would be seemingly redundant?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Ehhh if you read "If the member has been granted complimentary status, as determined by Air Canada, that is higher than the status they would have earned via their Status Qualifying balances, the roll over amount will be based on the status they would have earned otherwise (if any), and not the granted status." it's clearly not "everything", or your actual status wouldn't matter at all.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL

That is the way I am reading it (all SQM from 2021 will rollover to 2022) and the jump start specifically mentions:
"This Offer will be in addition to any other offers available and subject to the respective Spend requirements and Offer end dates. "

Cow is likely right though (just SQM above 25K for example) but "based on" is pretty vague. Not a big deal for me but may be important to others.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
The wayback machine at archive.org doesn't have the T&Cs from last year and some quick searches didn't turn them up on the travel blogs either.

The main TD card page on ac.com says:

Maintain Aeroplan Elite Status more easily. Primary Cardholders who also hold Aeroplan Elite Status can roll over up to 200,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQMs) beyond the status level for which they’ve qualified, from the prior qualification year to qualify for status the next year.
That's not in the T&Cs for any of the cards but Cow is probably right.
gadflyboy likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2MM, bonvoy titanium lifetime, united silver
Cow when you received your rollover this year (from 2020 activity) was it based on status (delta over 100k) or sqd (which would be more rollover assuming you didn’t hit the 20k Cdn or 11 k usd or whatever it is for us residents ) ? Tia
Old Oct 5, 2021, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I don't even remotely understand what you're asking.

I received exactly what the terms said I would.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2MM, bonvoy titanium lifetime, united silver
Not much of a people person are you 😂?

I assume that means if your sqd was enough for 25 k status but not 50 k you received cc rollover for all sqm above 25 k ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.