Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Old Oct 31, 2021, 6:49 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That is my understanding. Some dumb SE I was going to give my extras to decided to book paid J for a trip, so once again I have no idea what I'm going to do.
Well, if you find you're still stumped, I know a possible solution related to a long flight in early January...
Old Oct 31, 2021, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Well, if you find you're still stumped, I know a possible solution related to a long flight in early January...
Depends when the nominee slot resets.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Depends when the nominee slot resets.
This is the problem with the bits-and-pieces approach, it's going to leave gaps all over the place.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
As for your SO, the eUps will probably expire Dec 31 2021 as the status was granted in this 2021. See the last pages of https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...0-onwards.html for talk about March expiration (which is quite new)
Just wanted to provide an update here. My SO got status about a week ago. eUps expire Dec 31, 2022.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by gospelle
Just wanted to provide an update here. My SO got status about a week ago. eUps expire Dec 31, 2022.
I got my status yesterday, and my eUp's - also expires Dec 31/2022, but they come up with an "expiration soon" warning

Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
AFAIK, eUpgrade credits are consumed earliest expiring first. But, I'm starting to wonder if that order is negating the rollover benefit.

For example, I currently have 30 credits left. 10 with a 15 Jan, 2022 expiry; 20 with a 28 Feb, 2022 expiry. If I understand the rollover benefit correctly, only the 10 are eligible for rollover.

If I upgrade my flight back from Ottawa next week for 10 credits, that'll use up the 10 expiring on 15 Jan, 2022, leaving me with no credits to roll over, right? Given the 20 expiring in February, I'd rather my an upgrade for next week take from those credits, so that I have 10 rolled over. And, looking back, it would've been nice if my past upgrades took from those 28 Feb, 2022 credit first, before the 15 Jan, 2022 credits, if the February credits aren't eligible for rollover.

Is my interpretation correct? Or, will the 20 also be rolled over, making this a non-existent problem?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:14 pm

Your interpretation is correct, but as far as I know, every credit expiring Feb 28 2022 was posted in error and shouldn't even exist.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Your interpretation is correct, but as far as I know, every credit expiring Feb 28 2022 was posted in error and shouldn't even exist.
Ah, you're probably right about those being in error. I don't know how I even got those!
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Ah, you're probably right about those being in error. I don't know how I even got those!
They might be eUps from the Travel at Home promotion from Spring 2020, I've got 20 that expire in Feb 2022 from that promotion.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:15 pm

Question Can't eUp November 2022?

Sorry if this is a question already answered somewhere else.

I just booked a latitude AP reward ticket for November 2022 (YYJ to SAN), which showed was available to upgrade to Business Class for 2 eUpgrades. I currently have 50 credits of which 40 have the "Expire Jan 15" warning leaving 10. I have a black CC. I presume at least 10 credits will roll over through 2022, and maybe more.I went to eUpgrade the November flight and that screen says "not avialable" as it reports I don't have the points.

Does the system not allow the latitude atitude to work for flights later in 2022 until after the rollover occurs in March? Is there a way to confirm the Business Class seat now?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by zappy312
They might be eUps from the Travel at Home promotion from Spring 2020, I've got 20 that expire in Feb 2022 from that promotion.
Hmm I could believe that. But I had like 64 Feb 22 eUps, and I just can't figure out why.

Originally Posted by RobDN

I just booked a latitude AP reward ticket for November 2022 (YYJ to SAN), which showed was available to upgrade to Business Class for 2 eUpgrades. I currently have 50 credits of which 40 have the "Expire Jan 15" warning leaving 10. I have a black CC. I presume at least 10 credits will roll over through 2022, and maybe more.I went to eUpgrade the November flight and that screen says "not avialable" as it reports I don't have the points.

Does the system not allow the latitude atitude to work for flights later in 2022 until after the rollover occurs in March? Is there a way to confirm the Business Class seat now?
The rollover takes place in January.

If you want to use eUps past then, you need to go earn some eUps.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
Originally Posted by RobDN

My experience with a latitude reward flight was the e-ups cleared a week or two after booking, even though R was 0 at time of booking. Unsure of how expiry and rollover will impact your scenario.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 2:38 pm

So... previously, the Dec. 30 eUps were the rollover credits from last year via our credit cards, while the Dec. 31 eUps were ones earned/issued for 2021 status.

It seems they changed all of the eUps to Jan. 15. I wonder how they will differentiate which credits will rollover, and which are expired for good... Or will they all rollover? #wishfulthinking?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
So... previously, the Dec. 30 eUps were the rollover credits from last year via our credit cards, while the Dec. 31 eUps were ones earned/issued for 2021 status.

It seems they changed all of the eUps to Jan. 15. I wonder how they will differentiate which credits will rollover, and which are expired for good... Or will they all rollover? #wishfulthinking?
I've got the same dilemma - sometime in the past couple weeks, Air Canada arbitrarily extended the expiry of Dec 2021 eUps expiries to Jan 15, 2022 making the rollover of unused eUps from 2021 to 2022 impossible. No Aeroplan/general Air Canada/Concierge agent can provide an explanation or ratify this over the phone.

Has anyone reached out and received a satisfactory answer from AC? To me this almost seems like a circumvention of AC around this benefit but maybe I'm just paranoid..
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Preo
I've got the same dilemma - sometime in the past couple weeks, Air Canada arbitrarily extended the expiry of Dec 2021 eUps expiries to Jan 15, 2022 making the rollover of unused eUps from 2021 to 2022 impossible. No Aeroplan/general Air Canada/Concierge agent can provide an explanation or ratify this over the phone.

Has anyone reached out and received a satisfactory answer from AC? To me this almost seems like a circumvention of AC around this benefit but maybe I'm just paranoid..
What are you talking about?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.