Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
What are you talking about?
I was relying on the rollover of up to 50 unused eUps that expire in the 2021 to roll to 2022 with the AP reserve card.. but AC extended the Dec 31, 2021 eUps to Jan 15, 2022 making those ineligible for rollover as they are now expiring in 2022. I had 53 credits expiring Dec 31 2021, 50 of which I was hoping to roll over but no AC agent can tell me whether the eUps with this new Jan 15, 2022 expiry will be extended to Dec 31, 2022.

Maybe I'm missing something..
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Preo
I was relying on the rollover of up to 50 unused eUps that expire in the 2021 to roll to 2022 with the AP reserve card.. but AC extended the Dec 31, 2021 eUps to Jan 15, 2022 making those ineligible for rollover as they are now expiring in 2022. I had 53 credits expiring Dec 31 2021, 50 of which I was hoping to roll over but no AC agent can tell me whether the eUps with this new Jan 15, 2022 expiry will be extended to Dec 31, 2022.

Maybe I'm missing something..
What you're missing is that the bolded statement is incorrect.

eUps don't expire on December 31, they expire on January 15.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
What you're missing is that the bolded statement is incorrect.

eUps don't expire on December 31, they expire on January 15.
So on October 19, AC extended eUpgrades that were expiring Dec 31, 2021 to Jan 15, 2022. Does that now mean that up to 50 unused credits that were extended to Jan 15, 2022 will be rolled over to Dec 31, 2022 if not used by Jan 15, 2022?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:28 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Preo
So on October 19, AC extended eUpgrades that were expiring Dec 31, 2021 to Jan 15, 2022. Does that now mean that up to 50 unused credits that were extended to Jan 15, 2022 will be rolled over to Dec 31, 2022 if not used by Jan 15, 2022?
December 31 is no longer the annual expiry of eUpgrades. It's now January 15, which is what they announced on October 18. I think your misunderstanding is that the rollover was linked to December 31. The T&C from the CIBC VIP card (page 29) don't reference that date at all (as one example). They say "CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card primary cardholders who also hold Aeroplan Elite Status will be able to roll over up to a maximum of 50 eUpgrade Credits received in the prior status year to the next benefit year. eUpgrade Credits issued on a promotional basis, as well as those already rolled over from a previous benefit year, are not eligible for this benefit."

The only date mentioned was "Rollover eUpgrade Credits will be deposited directly into the member’s Aeroplan account no later than March 30 of any given year" (March 30 being 30 days beyond the old, February 28/29 expiry of eUps). Presumably it will happen much quicker than that.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
December 31 is no longer the annual expiry of eUpgrades. It's now January 15, which is what they announced on October 18. I think your misunderstanding is that the rollover was linked to December 31. The T&C from the CIBC VIP card (page 29) don't reference that date at all. They say "CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card primary cardholders who also hold Aeroplan Elite Status will be able to roll over up to a maximum of 50 eUpgrade Credits received in the prior status year to the next benefit year. eUpgrade Credits issued on a promotional basis, as well as those already rolled over from a previous benefit year, are not eligible for this benefit."

The only date mentioned was "Rollover eUpgrade Credits will be deposited directly into the memberís Aeroplan account no later than March 30 of any given year" (March 30 being 30 days beyond the old, February 28/29 expiry of eUps). Presumably it will happen much quicker than that.
Ah, this does it. I was sure I had to be wrong and it was the assumption that they had to expire in the previous benefit year to be eligible for rollover, which doesn't make sense.

Thank you!
kalderlake likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:12 am

Programs: AC*SE • LH*SEN • BA*G • AA*EXP • MB*A • WOH*G • HH*G
Premium Card / eUp Rollover Eligiblity based on status match

I have status matched to 35K back in October-ish and have been issued 30 eUps as a result. I have a Premium Aeroplan CC was just wondering whether my 2021 eUps will roll-over to 2022? I am 100% aware AP TCs explicitly say that for one to be eligible for this rollover one must earn those eUps "organically" (i.e. fly and obtain status through SQM/SQS+SQD), excluding eUps issued on a promotional basis. I know this kind of sounds like a dumb question but I tried my hardest to do my research on this and couldn't conclude whether eUps earned from status match is considered 'promotional'. Any thoughts?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Hello,

I got a new Business Reserve Amex the other day. How can I tell if Air Canada "recognizes" it? All my eupgrades are still listed as expiring in January. My TD aeroplan (which I have had for a while) shows up my AC profile under "Manage my Aeroplan credit card sharing preferences", but not the Amex. Is there a specific step I need to take to get the rollover benefits?

Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2021, 5:55 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cavitron
Hello,

I got a new Business Reserve Amex the other day. How can I tell if Air Canada "recognizes" it? All my eupgrades are still listed as expiring in January. My TD aeroplan (which I have had for a while) shows up my AC profile under "Manage my Aeroplan credit card sharing preferences", but not the Amex. Is there a specific step I need to take to get the rollover benefits?

Thanks!
if you have a active booking you can put it in this tool and under air canada status it should say black cc
https://api.ft.canadiancow.com/pnr/pnr
kalderlake likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Aselwyn
if you have a active booking you can put it in this tool and under air canada status it should say black cc
https://api.ft.canadiancow.com/pnr/pnr
Cool....that worked it reads "50K (Black CC)". Does the "Black CC" refer to the Amex I just got or could it also be from the "Grey" TD Aeroplan Infinite (not privilege) card?
folkart likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:51 pm

Cool....that worked it reads "50K (Black CC)". Does the "Black CC" refer to the Amex I just got or could it also be from the "Grey" TD Aeroplan Infinite (not privilege) card?
I believe the TD (not privilege) Infinite shows up as "Slate".

It does for me.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
That worked for me too. My card shows as Slate CC rather than Black. It is a CIBC Visa Infinite Privilege. Should it show as Black CC?

Update... Called Aeroplan, my Infinite Privilege status qualification segments and miles bonus has been posting but my Aeroplan profile shows me as Slate ( Infinite) rather than Black (Infinite Privilege) I may be owed some redemption points overcharge and it needed to be corrected for the e-upgrade rollover. They are working on the change. Thanks Cow, I otherwise would not have known.

Last edited by folkart; Dec 13, 2021 at 11:04 pm
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by folkart
That worked for me too. My card shows as Slate CC rather than Black. It is a CIBC Visa Infinite Privilege. Should it show as Black CC?
I would think that should say "black".

So...then does someone know what I need to do to get my eupds rolled over? It says they all expire Jan 15. Is it an automatic process?
folkart likes this.

Last edited by cavitron; Dec 13, 2021 at 8:39 pm
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:49 pm

So...then does someone know what I need to do to get my eupds rolled over? It says they all expire Jan 15. Is it an automatic process?
It is automatic. It could happen up until the end of March (based on T&C), but will hopefully happen earlier. You will get new eups based on status closer to Jan 1.
cavitron likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 10:33 am

Playing the rollover math game.
I know the terms say rollover from cc are based on status earned (combination of SQM + SQD qualifications), but based on what actually happened last Feb/March, is that what actually happened?
I ask because Iím at 35,200 SQM but only 3200 SQD. So Iím hoping my rollover is at the 25k qualification and not 35k qualification. But who knows how ACís tech is setup if it does indeed factor in status with SQD or SQM only?
I know it *should* factor in both.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
Playing the rollover math game.
I know the terms say rollover from cc are based on status earned (combination of SQM + SQD qualifications), but based on what actually happened last Feb/March, is that what actually happened?
I ask because Iím at 35,200 SQM but only 3200 SQD. So Iím hoping my rollover is at the 25k qualification and not 35k qualification. But who knows how ACís tech is setup if it does indeed factor in status with SQD or SQM only?
I know it *should* factor in both.
Yes. I was SE, I had 259,299 SQM, but not enough SQD for SE. I rolled over 184,299.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.