Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
I contacted the e-upgrades desk in relation to the rollover, and the point that was mentioned earlier about needing to hold the card in the same year the e-upgrades (or SQM/D) is accurate. You had to hold the card as of Dec 31 in order for 2020 benefits to be eligible for rollover.

I did make the point that the marketing material could be a little clearer. If you find yourself in this situation, I would recommend you contact the e-upgrade desk to discuss.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yvr76
With 2021 qualifying activity being counted for 2022 the only rollover benefit that's useful are e-credits. Not seeing a lot of benefits this year for a $600 CC
The CC lets you basically double up and start the year with a ton of threshold gifts/eUps.
YOWgary likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 5:11 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
I contacted the e-upgrades desk in relation to the rollover, and the point that was mentioned earlier about needing to hold the card in the same year the e-upgrades (or SQM/D) is accurate. You had to hold the card as of Dec 31 in order for 2020 benefits to be eligible for rollover.

I did make the point that the marketing material could be a little clearer. If you find yourself in this situation, I would recommend you contact the e-upgrade desk to discuss.
%*^(#)@ AC. That doesn't even make sense, considering eUps and status both expired end of February 2021. And as I've pointed out previously, there was nothing written anywhere that suggested that one needed to have the card by 31/12/20.

I've written in to them. We'll see where this goes.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by yvr76
\ Not seeing a lot of benefits this year for a $600 CC
The buddy pass swap for 30k AP points was worth the annual fee for me
Bohemian1 and martyYOW like this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 10:21 pm

I have a bunch of eUpgrade credits expiring on Dec 2021, but I can't use them for my latitude booking in Feb 2022. Even if I requalify this year with the status extension, I won't be able to select my benefits until the Jan 2022, which makes it really tough to use the credits for this trip. Wouldn't this happen to everyone who tries to use the credits for a trip at the beginning of the next year? Am I missing something?
Old Apr 6, 2021, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by thedoraemon
I have a bunch of eUpgrade credits expiring on Dec 2021, but I can't use them for my latitude booking in Feb 2022. Even if I requalify this year with the status extension, I won't be able to select my benefits until the Jan 2022, which makes it really tough to use the credits for this trip. Wouldn't this happen to everyone who tries to use the credits for a trip at the beginning of the next year? Am I missing something?
Historically, any credits earned after Nov 1 would expire the next year. It's unclear if that date will be moved now that the benefit year ends December 31. A logical switchover date would be September 1.

Realistically, I suspect we'll eventually see them be valid for 12 months from the date of earning (excluding the ones that come with your status or select benefits, which I suspect will remain December 31). But I don't know when that will happen, if it happens.

The concept isn't really any different from previous years, except the "I can't upgrade yet" window was moved from March 1 to January 1.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I've written in to them. We'll see where this goes.
Oh FFS AC. I'm in the same boat. Anywhere specific to send the letter expressing my dissatisfaction so it keeps landing in front of the same eyes?

If I had known that specific rule I wouldn't have waited until Jan 7th to apply - I only did so because I wasn't working in Dec/early Jan, so no organic spend. Was specifically trying to avoid intentional churning behaviour and I get burned.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 7:00 am

Buddy pass 30k points finally showed up a couple weeks after requesting.

My SQM rollover are still MIA... So odd.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
This is what I got from Aeroplan:

I have forwarded your concerns to our Aeroplan colleagues and they have advised that the rollover eUpgrade credits were for members who held a eligible credit card on or before December 31, 2020. Their review indicates that you acquired your credit card on January 5, 2021. This will allow for any 2021 unused eUpgrade credits to rollover in 2022, but unfortunately does not qualify for your 2020 credits to be rolled over. I regret that I wasn't able to provide a more favourable response.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:01 pm

Hello/Bonjour XXXX

The March 30th date was the date that expiring e upgrades will be deposited by that date each year providing all other terms are met. With your e upgrades expiring by 28 Feb 2021, you would need to have the card before that date for the roll over before they expire. I do not know how long to get a card. That would involve the bank processing and during Covid-19 could be longer than normal.

Going forward, the new qualifying and benefit period will be January 1st to December 31st. This is a change from the previous benefit period.

I hope this is helpful.

Jane

This was my communication with the concierge team. States clearly that if you have the card by the expiry date the rolloever should occour.
I have emailed to inquire and will update as soon as I hear/
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:43 pm

Is anyone else still missing rollover SQMs (not eUpgrades)? I'm wondering if I'm misinterpreting something or if this year is different because of the status extension in 2021.

I earned approx. 30k, so I thought I'd have 5k rolled over. I got the TD VIP in November on launch day. I have 50k from 2020 and extended into 2021, so are they granting me rollover based on the earned miles in 2020 (30k), or am I not to get rollover because my 50k was extended?

I seemed to have gotten all of my rollover eUpgrades, just waiting on the miles.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
Is anyone else still missing rollover SQMs (not eUpgrades)? I'm wondering if I'm misinterpreting something or if this year is different because of the status extension in 2021.

I earned approx. 30k, so I thought I'd have 5k rolled over. I got the TD VIP in November on launch day. I have 50k from 2020 and extended into 2021, so are they granting me rollover based on the earned miles in 2020 (30k), or am I not to get rollover because my 50k was extended?

I seemed to have gotten all of my rollover eUpgrades, just waiting on the miles.
How many SQD did you earn?

"This benefit applies when the member qualified for Aeroplan Elite Status by earning the required Status Qualifying Miles or Status Qualifying Segments (SQS), as well as the required Status Qualifying Dollars (SQD), in the prior qualification year."
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
How many SQD did you earn?

"This benefit applies when the member qualified for Aeroplan Elite Status by earning the required Status Qualifying Miles or Status Qualifying Segments (SQS), as well as the required Status Qualifying Dollars (SQD), in the prior qualification year."
I earned $7,200 SQD in 2020 and just over 30k SQM.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:52 pm

Then yeah, you should have rolled over just over 5k.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Then yeah, you should have rolled over just over 5k.
Have you gotten all of your rollover miles yet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.