Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:50 pm

Programs: AC SE100 MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Plat, National Exec Elite, NEXUS
A similar question I was hoping you guys would know the answer to:

I'm SE this year (because of complimentary extension) and currently sit at 11,700 SQM having just got back in the air four weeks ago. If I get the American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card will these SQM's (likely to be 20,000+ by the end of the year) and my 60 or so eups be rolled over to 2022 even though I did not earn any status last year and was gifted it for this year and next? After reading all these posts I'm still unsure. The card would be worth the $600/yr if in fact I did receive the rollovers and totally not worth it if I did not. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrew
Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:59 pm

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott, BW, Avis
Originally Posted by Sales_guru
I'm SE this year (because of complimentary extension) and currently sit at 11,700 SQM having just got back in the air four weeks ago. If I get the American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card will these SQM's (likely to be 20,000+ by the end of the year) and my 60 or so eups be rolled over to 2022 even though I did not earn any status last year and was gifted it for this year and next? After reading all these posts I'm still unsure. The card would be worth the $600/yr if in fact I did receive the rollovers and totally not worth it if I did not. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Up to 50 eUps can be rolled over once. If some of your eUps are from 2020 they would not get rolled over again. You would not rollover any SQM as the black card only rolls the excess above the level of status you have achieved.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 4:53 am

Programs: AC SE100 MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Plat, National Exec Elite, NEXUS
Perfect, thanks for the clarification!

Andrew
Old Oct 27, 2021, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Up to 50 eUps can be rolled over once. If some of your eUps are from 2020 they would not get rolled over again. You would not rollover any SQM as the black card only rolls the excess above the level of status you have achieved.
point of clarification: if you achieve a minimum of 25k organically in 2021, AC will roll over all the SQMs you have to next year, plus the credit card bonus of the excess between elite levels. So, if you earn 33k sqm this year in the air, you start next year with 33+8 for 41k.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Duff76
point of clarification: if you achieve a minimum of 25k organically in 2021, AC will roll over all the SQMs you have to next year, plus the credit card bonus of the excess between elite levels. So, if you earn 33k sqm this year in the air, you start next year with 33+8 for 41k.
This thread is about CC rollover (which OP asked about), not about the status extension which is discussed in Air Canada extends Elite status and Priority Rewards to 2022, adds SQx rollover
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this...is this verified? Basically once you hit any level organically in 2021, any excess from there to the next level will be doubled by holding the black card? So really, if you are clearing the 25K hurdle, and are a premium card holder, your best bet is to earn 34,999 SQM's, because with the double dip, you'll start 2021 with 44,998 (AC will roll over all your miles, and then your premium card will roll over the 9,999 over the 25K)? I really feel like I'm missing something.

All these promos being stackable is confusing. I'm a 50K right now, already have the 10K spend through the Amex reserve to get that bumped to 75K for next year. I'll finish this year with about 32 or 33K miles, and about $5K in SQD. So, on January 2, I'll be a 75K, with somewhere around 39 or 40K SQM, and $5K in SQD?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:06 am

correct.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
This thread is about CC rollover (which OP asked about), not about the status extension which is discussed in Air Canada extends Elite status and Priority Rewards to 2022, adds SQx rollover
Where in my post did I talk about status extension?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Where in my post did I talk about status extension?
You didn't, but you did talk about some stuff that's relevant to that thread, not this one.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You didn't, but you did talk about some stuff that's relevant to that thread, not this one.
I must be confused. I thought this was the credit card rollover thread - which was the subject matter of my post.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:57 am

I must be confused. I thought this was the credit card rollover thread - which was the subject matter of my post.
You said:

if you achieve a minimum of 25k organically in 2021, AC will roll over all the SQM’s you have to next year,

Which is the rollover from the status extension granted by AC, not the credit card rollover as the OP inquired about (and this thread is about)
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:57 pm

I'm a little confused on the definition of "promotional" eUps that are not included in rollover. I have recently earned 25k Elite from accumulating 100k+ EDQ points and have earned 25 eUps with an expiry of Dec 31, 2021. I hold the black Amex Reserve. Will those 25 eups rollover or is that considered promotional?

A tangentially related question... my significant other has a Reserve as well and will earn 25k Elite by the same method (EDQ) in early November. I've read this entire thread before posting and have seen some reference to some new eUps being given expiry in early 2022 instead of December 31, 2021. Does that eliminate those eUps from any chance of rollover?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by gospelle
I'm a little confused on the definition of "promotional" eUps that are not included in rollover. I have recently earned 25k Elite from accumulating 100k+ EDQ points and have earned 25 eUps with an expiry of Dec 31, 2021. I hold the black Amex Reserve. Will those 25 eups rollover or is that considered promotional?

A tangentially related question... my significant other has a Reserve as well and will earn 25k Elite by the same method (EDQ) in early November. I've read this entire thread before posting and have seen some reference to some new eUps being given expiry in early 2022 instead of December 31, 2021. Does that eliminate those eUps from any chance of rollover?
Your status was granted via a promotion, but once granted all the perks associated with said status are the same as if it was earned via flying so your eUps will roll over.

As for your SO, the eUps will probably expire Dec 31 2021 as the status was granted in this 2021. See the last pages of https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...0-onwards.html for talk about March expiration (which is quite new)
Old Oct 30, 2021, 11:35 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by YOWgary

Can't make heads or tails of the Dec-30 expiry here. Presumably it's to make them ineligible for any roll-forward.
So these 25 credits expiring Dec30 are use-'em-or-lose' em, right? When they extend my "2021 credits" into mid-January it'll be the 53 expiring Dec 31, which means I may as well use up those 25 expiring Dec 30 before Dec 30?

Just planning out which flights to use FP and which to book low-Flex.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 11:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWgary
So these 25 credits expiring Dec30 are use-'em-or-lose' em, right? When they extend my "2021 credits" into mid-January it'll be the 53 expiring Dec 31, which means I may as well use up those 25 expiring Dec 30 before Dec 30?

Just planning out which flights to use FP and which to book low-Flex.
That is my understanding. Some dumb SE I was going to give my extras to decided to book paid J for a trip, so once again I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.