Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2021, 1:03 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
In a chat with a blogger, Mark Nasr said they were probably going to look into implementing something like that to prevent signing up on date X and canceling on date X+10, just for the rollover benefits.

But I did not get the impression that would apply this year.

The December time makes sense when you consider the benefit year (and eUp year) is now Jan-Dec. It doesn't make sense when it was Feb-Jan.
Maybe that's where I read it (and misinterpreted it) rather than in T&C. I checked the T&C that came with my TD VIP and it makes no mention of December 31st - only that upgrades that roll over will be deposited by March 30. It does also note that you will lose those eUpgrades if you cancel your card which may be in line with what Nasr was referring to. "If the credit card is changed to a different product or the account is closed, regardless of reason for closure, any unused, rolled over eUpgrade credits will be forfeited and removed from the member’s eUpgrade account."
Old Apr 1, 2021, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
In a chat with a blogger, Mark Nasr said they were probably going to look into implementing something like that to prevent signing up on date X and canceling on date X+10, just for the rollover benefits.
I think they've covered that with this "If your CIBC Aeroplan credit card account is not in Good Standing, or if it is closed, regardless of reason for closure, or if the CIBC Aeroplan credit card product is changed to a different product, any unused, rolled-over eUpgrade Credits will be forfeited and removed from the member’s eUpgrade account."

At this point, I guess I wait a few more days to see whether or not they fix it and then write in.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
I am in the same boat with the CIBC version - applied & approved in December but did not arrive until early January. The only reason I decided to get the card was the Eup rollover and as others noted, nowhere in any of the literature did it mention a Dec 31st cutoff date, or I would not have bothered.

The agent I spoke with yesterday left me on hold for a few minutes when I asked him to look into my Eups not being rolled by the deadline and when he came back on the line he mentioned that they were behind but the Eups would show up in a week or so and apologized, noting they had a lot going on right now....

I will give it to the end of next week before I call back and escalate further.

CC
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
This is going to be a weird year for things. But the point isn't so that a 75K with 50k SQM gets to roll anything over.

It's so a 50k with 70k SQM gets some rollover.
Is there similar roll over of SQD as with SQM?
Old Apr 4, 2021, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Not with the credit card.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Not with the credit card.

And not any other way for 2020 to 2021 rollover of AQD?

The rollover of AQD only applies to 2021 to 2022 covid related Aeroplan benefit (if one has flown enough to otherwise earn E25K status)?
Old Apr 4, 2021, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
And not any other way for 2020 to 2021 rollover of AQD?
No.

The rollover of AQD only applies to 2021 to 2022 covid related Aeroplan benefit (if one has flown enough to otherwise earn E25K status)?
Yes. Air Canada extends Elite status and Priority Rewards to 2022, adds SQx rollover
Old Apr 5, 2021, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by tomvancouver
March or thereabouts, according to black card T&C: (I assume the same for the other non-CIBC black cards)

CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card primary cardholders who also hold Aeroplan Elite Status will be able to roll over up to a maximum of 50 eUpgrade Credits received in the prior status year to the next benefit year. eUpgrade Credits issued on a promotional basis, as well as those already rolled over from a previous benefit year, are not eligible for this benefit. Rollover eUpgrade Credits will be deposited directly into the member's Aeroplan account no later than March 30 of any given year, provided the member holds Aeroplan Elite Status at that time, and held Aeroplan Elite Status in the previous benefit year. If your CIBC Aeroplan credit card account is not in Good Standing, or if it is closed, regardless of reason for closure or if the CIBC Aeroplan credit card product is changed to a different product, any unused, rolled over eUpgrade Credits will be forfeited and removed from the member’s eUpgrade account. Benefit is only available to primary cardholders and does not apply to authorized users. Where a primary cardholder is eligible to roll over eUpgrade Credits under another Aeroplan credit card, the total cumulative roll over of all eUpgrade Credits cannot exceed the maximum of 50 eUpgrade Credits.
I hold the TD Visa Infinite Privilege card and the AMEX Aeroplan Reserve card. Does that mean potentially up to 100 eupgrade credits can be rolled over from last year to this year?
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I hold the TD Visa Infinite Privilege card and the AMEX Aeroplan Reserve card. Does that mean potentially up to 100 eupgrade credits can be rolled over from last year to this year?
From the text you quoted above:

"Where a primary cardholder is eligible to roll over eUpgrade Credits under another Aeroplan credit card, the total cumulative roll over of all eUpgrade Credits cannot exceed the maximum of 50 eUpgrade Credits."
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 1:08 pm

Is anyone still waiting for their eupgrades rollover? Amex aeroplan reserve here...

They said MArch 30 but nothing yet

I did get my card after Jan 1 so hoping this is not the issue...
Old Apr 5, 2021, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by llbean
Is anyone still waiting for their eupgrades rollover?
I am.

I did get my card after Jan 1 so hoping this is not the issue...
Hopefully not, but we don't know if that's what's tying this up.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:18 pm

When did the eupgrade rollover benefit get published?

I did not see/read that benefit (in the T and C) when I obtained the TD Visa Infinite Privilege card in Nov; or had my AMEX Aeroplus Platinum card convert to the AMEX reserve card in Nov.

I ask, because if I had known shortly after Jan 1, 2021 when I picked my select benefits, I would not have picked the additional eupgrade benefits.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
When did the eupgrade rollover benefit get published?

I did not see/read that benefit (in the T and C) when I obtained the TD Visa Infinite Privilege card in Nov; or had my AMEX Aeroplus Platinum card convert to the AMEX reserve card in Nov.

I ask, because if I had known shortly after Jan 1, 2021 when I picked my select benefits, I would not have picked the additional eupgrade benefits.
It was one of the reasons I signed up for a card in early December, so at the very least, before that.
martyYOW likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It was definitely public when the cards were launched.

The video in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32595710-post6.html (August 11) talks about the rollover, and I'm 99.9% sure it was on the AC website then.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
With 2021 qualifying activity being counted for 2022 the only rollover benefit that's useful are e-credits. Not seeing a lot of benefits this year for a $600 CC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.