Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by The Macker
Hi All,
When I pretty much stopped flying in mid March, 2021, my Aeroplan end up with 55,968 SQM EARNED / AND 21SQS EARNED/ AND 7,625 SQD EARNED
You meant to say March 2020 (instead of 2021)?

Does anybody know if any of these would rollover to 2021 with the Amex Reserve Card? I am a Super Elite.
If your above numbers are in 2020, then your SQD puts you at 50K status and should expect 5,968 rollover SQM into 2021.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 1:13 pm

Do you know his email address...I am prepared to write him now...
Old Apr 9, 2021, 1:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by llbean
Do you know his email address...I am prepared to write him now...
[email protected], though I question whether jumping up to an SVP is the best option.

I've been getting extremely fast turnaround from customer relations emails, and they're capable of escalating through proper channels.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 2:28 pm

Happy to take advice on this one.

Here is my sequence of events so far

1. I emailed the concierge team in Feb 2021 inquiring about when we needed to have the credit card for the eupgrades. I was told Feb 28th so I went ahead and go the card - linked to my account Feb 4th
2. After no e-upgrades were in my account by MArch 30th I again inquired and was told that the card had to be linked before Dec 31st.
3. After some back and forth including my showing written proof of what I was advised I got a reply today saying a "one-time exception" was allowed for 20 e upgrades
4. When I inquired why only 20 I was told the rest of my 85 eupgrades were promotional. That is not the case and I looked up my eupgrade history on aircanada.ca and wrote back with dates of deposit of non-promtional eupdrades (total 80).
5. I just received a response saying they looked into it and this was not the case. When I log in to my air canada e updgrade account now 30 min later I can no longer access any eupgrade history before Jan 1 2021. This all changed in the last 30 min while emailing the concierge.

How would you proceed? Seems very shady to me

Also the concierge said all Aeroplan members were emailed to tell them of the Dec 31 deadline for the card. I cannot recall receiving anything.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Also the concierge said all Aeroplan members were emailed to tell them of the Dec 31 deadline for the card. I cannot recall receiving anything.

I call Concierge Baloney on that one

Way too many of us on this forum to have all missed that...

CC
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck

I call Concierge Baloney on that one

Way too many of us on this forum to have all missed that...

CC
It doesn't even matter if it's true.

If it wasn't on the Aeroplan website or the bank's website, it's irrelevant.

And that's ignoring the fact that I still don't have my mask-enRoute, or my 2021 kit. Claiming to "send" it is very different than legally disclosing it.
Captain Canuck and Hypastyla like this.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:26 am

Thought I'd update on my missing rollover SQM saga. I never ended up getting the points, though they confirmed I was indeed entitled to them. They did a manual adjustment.

Now I'm wondering why I'm the only one who missed the automatic rollover posting as I had passed the qualification, had the TD VIP way before end of 2020, and did get the rollover eUps when everyone else got them.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Mike Nasr from a current livestream: if you held an AP VIP card between Jan 1 and March 31st and didn't get your eUpgrades rolled over, call AP.
Old May 15, 2021, 2:08 pm

Hi everyone,
to those who have received their rollover SQM in March, how did it post onto your Aeroplan activity? Would anyone happen to have a screenshot? Trying to see how it’s titled and categorized.
thanks!
Old May 15, 2021, 2:31 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mgsctravels
Hi everyone,
to those who have received their rollover SQM in March, how did it post onto your Aeroplan activity? Would anyone happen to have a screenshot? Trying to see how it’s titled and categorized.
thanks!
Welcome to FT

Did yours not post?
Old May 15, 2021, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Welcome to FT

Did yours not post?
I had to request a manual correction. So mine was somehow missed. Trying to figure out why.
Old May 15, 2021, 2:39 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I had to request a manual correction. So mine was somehow missed. Trying to figure out why.
Was it the whole amount that was missing? Or only a portion? Mine were also a manual adjustment, so this may not be all that useful.

Old May 15, 2021, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Was it the whole amount that was missing? Or only a portion? Mine were also a manual adjustment, so this may not be all that useful.
ok so same thing happened to me. And posted in the exact same way as a manual adjustment. Do you have a TD credit card, too?

Maybe when they filter users to apply the rollover to, they missed something and we fell through the cracks…
Old May 15, 2021, 3:08 pm

ok so same thing happened to me. And posted in the exact same way as a manual adjustment. Do you have a TD credit card, too?

Maybe when they filter users to apply the rollover to, they missed something and we fell through the cracks…
No, I have a CIBC card.

When did you get your card? Did you have it before December 31? That was the issue for me and many others.
Old May 15, 2021, 3:10 pm

Hi everyone,
thanks!
Nope, end of November 2020. Card was linked on my AP account beginning of Dec.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.