Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: hahaha
YUL TB MLL open today

i also noticed that the hours were updated for January, will update wiki later (edit: can’t on mobile safari, it won’t submit!)

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ounge@montreal

hot food situation

Short hair Francis likes this.

Last edited by asovse1; Jan 8, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Old Jan 8, 2022, 4:00 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The AC website now appears to be updated proactively and hours seem consistently correct, so I've cleaned up the wiki by taking out the hours.

In my moderator capacity, I'm going to note that despite recent lockdowns in Ontario and Quebec, the AC lounges there remain open, so I'm going to restate the policy that posts asking whether a lounge is open or closed will be deleted. If the wiki or the AC MLL website doesn't say it's closed, assume it's open. The food offerings are also covered in detail in the wiki.

If you notice that a lounge is closed, on the website or being there in person, please post and update the wiki. But please be certain the lounge is closed during its normal operating hours or that a notice has been posted (online or at the lounge) about the lounge closure so as to avoid erroneous reports of a lounge being closed.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I finally (a) was awake, (b) remembered, and (c) had the time to update breakfast menus (or add them, in the case of non-domestic lounges) for the eastern lounges before breakfast service ended for the day, .
yyznomad and canadiancow like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hope this isn't a nuisance post:

Is the LAX MLL closed without notice? I popped up there yesterday afternoon, and the door was closed. I didn't try to see if it was actually locked or only closed, as I did not wish to wade through the gaggle of elevator-waiters *, and I was anyway ultimately destined for TBIT. I visited a week or so ago, and all seemed regular then.

* AS's lounge elevator is broken, to the effect that everyone uses that back hallway and the MLL elevator.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
Have been in YUL TB for about 30 minutes now. Just one other couple here. Staff are bored as all heck.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by fumje
Hope this isn't a nuisance post:

Is the LAX MLL closed without notice? I popped up there yesterday afternoon, and the door was closed. I didn't try to see if it was actually locked or only closed, as I did not wish to wade through the gaggle of elevator-waiters *, and I was anyway ultimately destined for TBIT. I visited a week or so ago, and all seemed regular then.

* AS's lounge elevator is broken, to the effect that everyone uses that back hallway and the MLL elevator.
I was in the LAX MLL this morning and it was open.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Quail
I was in the LAX MLL this morning and it was open.
Thanks, not sure what was happening then.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I finally (a) was awake, (b) remembered, and (c) had the time to update breakfast menus (or add them, in the case of non-domestic lounges) for the eastern lounges before breakfast service ended for the day, .
I have the one from YYZ TB for Breakfast if you need it taken this morning.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by yowcat
I have the one from YYZ TB for Breakfast if you need it taken this morning.
Most of the menus hadn't changed (other than tweaks to the hours) in the several months since they were last updated, so I suspect that yesterday's is still good for today. But if it has changed, feel free to update it - I have no monopoly on wiki editing, I just seem to have been the only guy updating the menus. Or if the menu is the same, you could update the as of date.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 14, 2022 at 12:54 pm Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:56 pm

A few recent posts with permanent/long-term MLL questions/information (MLL @ EWR post-construction and MLL access on arrival) have been moved to threads on those specific topics.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator
Old Jan 17, 2022, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Greetings from the AC Café YYZ

I like the new automated BP scanners for entry. (Memories of TK at IST and OZ at ICN ), except they are not working today as advised by desk agent who said she’d be happy to scan the BP.

I am the only pax in here but I got to catch up with the Compass manager who I last saw on the First opening day here Sept 6, 2019.

The barista is trying to encourage me to try the espresso and Nutella drink. Sure, I’m not driving.

The raisin bread is fresh and yummy as is the fresh squeezed orange juice.

Jebby_ca, newfbc, YOWCDNFF and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Good luck getting out today 24left !

The Cafe is probably my favourite lounge in the entire domestic network. I would love to see them add a few bottles of wine in the evening but even then. It is just more relaxed than the lounge.
yyzgigi and 24left like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Good luck getting out today 24left !

The Cafe is probably my favourite lounge in the entire domestic network. I would love to see them add a few bottles of wine in the evening but even then. It is just more relaxed than the lounge.
@lcohen999

Thanks, I don’t mind getting stuck here and doing some Air Canada Camping, perhaps with a spare blanket in the MLL 😂

I also like the idea of wines for cocktail hour and I know it was discussed a few times in the dedicated AC Café thread.

i just asked the manager and yes, they have a liquor license as they have done occasional evening wine and cheese events. There is no firm answer as to the future.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by 24left
Greetings from the AC Café YYZ

I like the new automated BP scanners for entry. (Memories of TK at IST and OZ at ICN ), except they are not working today as advised by desk agent who said she’d be happy to scan the BP.

I am the only pax in here but I got to catch up with the Compass manager who I last saw on the First opening day here Sept 6, 2019.

The barista is trying to encourage me to try the espresso and Nutella drink. Sure, I’m not driving.

The raisin bread is fresh and yummy as is the fresh squeezed orange juice.
I was at YYZ on the morning of January 13th. I wanted to test my luck and see if my bp would let me in. The rep was more than happy to give it a try even though I didn't have AC status, but I have a TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege. Nope, it doesn't work. The rep does say for AC50K, and above, it can be used as an arrival lounge? Can you confirm that?

I was going to give it a try when I was departing YYZ on January 14th, but I was busy with some work on my laptop at the Park Hyatt Toronto, so I got to YYZ later than anticipated. When I got to the door, it was already closed. Apparently, the closing time was 18:30. I'll be back at YYZ in February, but I'll be flying WS, so no entry.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:41 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
First time at YVR DOM in 6 weeks... they have the cold food options available for self serve. The pasta salad was amazing for MLL, not sure if it's new or not. Probably at 60%, got here at 630pm​​​​​​​

Last edited by theranj; Jan 18, 2022 at 8:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.