Search

New AC MLL at EWR?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE
New AC MLL at EWR?

Arrived YYZ-EWR this morning...

It looks like the signs for the new AC MLL at EWR in the A1 terminal (close to security). There used to be United Club there but it had been shut down months ago.

I don't recall seeing a posting on this. Did I miss something? Seems like the signs are newly up so it might be opening soon.

Anyone else notice?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:59 pm

Is it already open, or just coming soon?

I may have to fly via EWR next time I go to NYC.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Never knew about an AC lounge opening in EWR. With the 787 flying into EWR and AC trying to market it as a premium product its only right to have a lounge for those in J. I knew there was a United Club in the other A concourse by A20 but had no idea about this.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
Never knew about an AC lounge opening in EWR. With the 787 flying into EWR and AC trying to market it as a premium product its only right to have a lounge for those in J.
Uhm...
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Uhm...
You and your issue with the 777 & 787. I've flown in all three classes on both the 777HD and 787. They aren't great in Y, but not bad enough to go on moaning about them in every single post on flyertalk. Buy a preferred seat and you'll have a perfectly comfortable flight.

As for PY and J on the 787 IMO they are a premium product. Probably the top in north american hard product wise.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
You and your issue with the 777 & 787.
No Sorry.. That was not what I meant.. Maybe I interpreted it wrong.
I read it as having a lounge for those ONLY in J(Which is false when I went back and read it again). My Mistake
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:24 pm

No Sorry.. That was not what I meant.. Maybe I interpreted it wrong.
I read it as having a lounge for those ONLY in J(Which is false when I went back and read it again). My Mistake
Haha it's all good. I took it as a complaint about the quality of the 787. Yes you are correct about the lounge access. Not just for J. Even the lowly Elites and Prestiges with lounge passes can get in. Any little mistake we post on here gets noticed :P

Last edited by YHZ_Flyer; Sep 1, 2016 at 8:30 pm
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:33 pm

Haha it's all good. I took it as a complaint about the quality of the 787. Yes you are correct about the lounge access. Not just for J. Even the lowly Elites and Prestiges with lounge passes can get in. Any little mistake we post on here gets noticed :P
Or too much complaining about HD Y too, apparently
HAHA
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Or too much complaining about HD Y too, apparently
HAHA
One might think so; I couldn't possibly comment.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
I passed through about a month ago and the Concierge said it would be opening in September or October, IIRC.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:42 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I guess this is nice, in theory. But what would really make me more willing to fly to EWR (other than moving the airport closer to Manhattan) would be if they had frigging PreCheck. I'd rather AC spend money lobbying TSA or paying for extra screeners or whatever so that I don't have to line up in those awful corridors than spend it on an MLL. Especially since the direct to YYC leaves so early I'm unlikely to spend much time in the lounge.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
They have the same level of PreCheck as LGA from what I remember...
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:07 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I haven't been to NYC since April, but as far as I can recall, at LGA, the worst lines usually happen before you get to the guy who checks and scribbles on your BP. There's a separate PreCheck line for that. It's not full PreCheck, but somewhat better than what the hoi polloi get. At EWR, the worst lines are after they've checked your BP and you're waiting to be screened. No relief for PreCheck there. All in all, more time spent in TSA lineups at EWR as a result, I think.

Besides, LGA is usually close to 30 minutes closer for me, so even if the line is the same there, it's still a win vs EWR.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
To keep pace with the LGA MLL, will the EWR MLL run out of food and liquor on a nightly basis?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by sram
To keep pace with the LGA MLL, will the EWR MLL run out of food and liquor on a nightly basis?
yes, this is the current plan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.