Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
I was on my own in the YYT MLL tonight prior to departing for YHZ on AC8123. The Compass attendant was fantastic and kept asking me if I wanted another drink, any food, etc., it was great. The food was subpar, unfortunately, but the service more than made up for it.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by theranj
First time at YVR DOM in 6 weeks... they have the cold food options available for self serve. The pasta salad was amazing for MLL, not sure if it's new or not. Probably at 60%, got here at 630pm
Do you mean the pasta in the little cup placed near the wraps? If so, it was ok. I wouldn't say it was amazingly good. Too bad I didn't have a chance to try out the hot food. The rep was so friendly to make it for me, but I ran out of time, and I didn't want to eat on the plane, so I had to throw it away when she was done making it.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Do you mean the pasta in the little cup placed near the wraps? If so, it was ok. I wouldn't say it was amazingly good. Too bad I didn't have a chance to try out the hot food. The rep was so friendly to make it for me, but I ran out of time, and I didn't want to eat on the plane, so I had to throw it away when she was done making it. 
yes - compared to the wraps/cookies they were amazing for mll standards (at least for me)
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes - compared to the wraps/cookies they were amazing for mll standards (at least for me)
The wraps were actually decent. I think I got the chicken (buffalo chicken?). The rep encouraged me to take a bunch for the flight and breakfast. I took four, but I didn't eat on the plane. I wanted to keep my mask on the entire time. I ended up eating the cold chicken wraps in my room at the Park Hyatt Toronto.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
First time at YVR DOM in 6 weeks... they have the cold food options available for self serve. The pasta salad was amazing for MLL, not sure if it's new or not. Probably at 60%, got here at 630pm
theranj, you're talking about the new service bar set-up at YVR Dom right?

Change was done before week of Jan 10-14 since I went by there that week.
I have just been to busy to post the photos on FT.

Whomever suggested this change to the YVR crew, many thanks 👍👍
m.y likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
theranj, you're talking about the new service bar set-up at YVR Dom right?
Change was done before week of Jan 10-14 since I went by there that week.
I have just been to busy to post the photos on FT.

Whomever suggested this change to the YVR crew, many thanks 👍👍
Yes! Thanks for taking photos - I was too tired last night, I just grabbed some salad/wraps and water bottle then found a corner to veg in for an hour
Short hair Francis likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:21 pm

Back in my home away from home tonight - greek salad and turkey wraps in the self serve station this week.

Night and day difference compared to last Tuesday - barely any open spots at 6pm, this week it was maybe 40% full...I didn't notice any other changes
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Back in my home away from home tonight - greek salad and turkey wraps in the self serve station this week.

Night and day difference compared to last Tuesday - barely any open spots at 6pm, this week it was maybe 40% full...I didn't notice any other changes
Which airport?
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:44 pm

Which airport?
yvr
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
The rep does say for AC50K, and above, it can be used as an arrival lounge? Can you confirm that?
In theory, it is not allowed as an arrival lounge, not even for SEs.

In theory...
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad

In theory...
I've been turned away. As have you, IIRC.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:05 pm

• Maple Leaf Lounges are reserved for customers departing on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, Air Canada Express or a Star Alliance member airline. Exception: Aeroplan Super Elite, Aeroplan 75K and 50K Members as well as their qualifying guests may access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounges at airports in Canada and the U.S. upon arriving on an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flight.
Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mileageking
We're discussing the Cafe.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad

In theory...
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've been turned away. As have you, IIRC.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
We're discussing the Cafe.
I was only reporting what the rep told me at the entrance of the cafe. Furthermore, you need to scan your bp to get in, so I guess the system rather than the attendant will decide who goes in.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are they still serving Laurent P NV at LHR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.