Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Another holiday promo at the YVR MLL today. Johnny Walker 18 with Lindt 70% chocolate.
flew out of YVR USA terminal this morning, was on United but as we were in business had access to MLL... they still had the promo cards out, but it was too early for them to serve alcohol. Too bad I missed it. ​​​​​​​Food options were limited to cold items, we left early to take kids to the Tim's next door before our flight
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'll be in YUL and YYZ dom later today. Can guest something like 10 in each.

Maybe the Cafe too.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'll be in YUL and YYZ dom later today. Can guest something like 10 in each.

Maybe the Cafe too.
YUL in the next hour.

Last edited by caziz; Dec 17, 2021 at 1:15 pm
Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold
YEG MLL is open until past midnight (according to the wiki - I updated it re the YEG website from 00:00 to 00:30) but someone has added that the bar closes at 10pm?
Why would they do that? Anyway, I shall be there Sunday night and shall update if required. Glad that it is at least open that late, unlike last month.
Edit: updated the wiki. It's true, bar closes at 22:00 due to Provincial rules. Thanks flyertalk for alerting me to this, almost missed out on a free drink!

Last edited by rbakker; Dec 19, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by theranj
flew out of YVR USA terminal this morning, was on United but as we were in business had access to MLL... they still had the promo cards out, but it was too early for them to serve alcohol. Too bad I missed it. Food options were limited to cold items, we left early to take kids to the Tim's next door before our flight
Mama SHF had the same experience last week on a morning departure.
Promo cards out at the service bar, ask for a chocolate and not the booze and still denied.

Apparently the lindor also is locked away in the liquor cabinet too so morning crew can't distribute just the chocolate 🤦‍♂️
Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Some idiot didn't read the wiki hours, and has still never been to the Cafe.

The hours are still accurate.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 2:17 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
So all the MLLs are open. Hopefully the suites soon?

Went to the LHR lounge for the first time since COVID and was surprised at how much better it was than the SilverKris and Lufthansa lounges. Quiter, more modern, barista made drinks + decent food selection. Only thing SilverKris had an edge on was the Nasi Lemak
yyzgigi, m.y and The Macker like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 5:16 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Very curious what the lounges will be like next week. I assume the capacity limits on restaurants are going to see things go backwards. Hopefully we don’t see new closures.
YOWCDNFF likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 5:17 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Ghastly news: LHR MLL has run out of champagne!…
dudestir, Bohemian1 and The Macker like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Very curious what the lounges will be like next week. I assume the capacity limits on restaurants are going to see things go backwards. Hopefully we don’t see new closures.
Highly doubt it. YYZ MLL was open throughout two stay-at-home orders.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:17 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyztozag
Highly doubt it. YYZ MLL was open throughout two stay-at-home orders.
YYZ Dom MLL.

Many MLLs were closed for a very long time; some for over 18 months. Mostly that was driven by traffic, but YUL Dom was closed a lot longer than they planned due to provincial regulations.

If traffic drops precipitously, AC will certainly close lounges again. If passenger numbers stay healthy, it may just be a question of removing chairs, lowering capacity within the lounges, etc. But in this ridiculous world, who knows.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
There was a queue to get in to the YYZ T1 Domestic MLL today at around 17:30, a line in the entrance area, looping around to the elevators. I believe the sign said capacity was capped at 96 people.

I asked if grab and go was still subject to capacity limits and the lounge dragon was curious as well. She asked someone else but was told it did still apply.

A bit of a pain IMO with reduced capacity and increased demand compared to when travel was much less popular earlier in the year. And as travel demand rose, capacity increased.

Interestingly, there were some lights in the corridor leading to the Cafe and the door was open...

Last edited by zappy312; Dec 20, 2021 at 8:29 pm Reason: Cafe comments
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Globex
Thanks, was looking for general feedback, seating availability, spacing, F&B options, etc between the two. I've looked at the menus, feedback on lines and spacing at MLL from this thread but haven't seen much on the Plaza Premium lounge. Was considering doing both but not sure if SO will want to move once seated and comfortable.
I'll bump this for the T1 non-US int'l comparison of PP and MLL, especially during COVID times. Thoughts on how they compare, namely around food and quality of wine? Mom's connecting there next week at midday and want to point her to exactly one lounge as the primary. Assuming it is the MLL due to size and likely lack of people at noon, but wasn't sure if there is a reason she should consider PP instead.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: UA Gold
I updated the hours for MLLs in YEG and YYZ TB.
The latter is looking very worn but the great service makes up for it IMHO.
Kudos to the YEG MLL for staying open to 03:00 to accommodate passengers waiting for the YYZ flight delayed to 04:00!
yyzgigi likes this.

Last edited by rbakker; Dec 21, 2021 at 10:34 am
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Looking for more amazing Montreal Smoked Meat sandwich pictures from the YUL Dom MLL.

I like playing the game
HOW
MANY
SLICES
?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.