Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:27 pm

Does anyone know if the YUL MLLs will be shutdown from Quebec's restaurant closures or not?
asovse1 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I do not see the LGA MLL hours in this wiki.
Of note, this lounge must open quite early - my niece went into this MLL for a 6:45 am flight to YYZ a couple of weeks ago!
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: BA (GGL-GFL); AC (SE)
Friend there now reports that YUL TB MLL is closed.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: A3, AC
Massive line to get into the YVR Dom MLL right now.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I do not see the LGA MLL hours in this wiki.
Of note, this lounge must open quite early - my niece went into this MLL for a 6:45 am flight to YYZ a couple of weeks ago!
I was advised opening is 0500.

It is a pretty nice lounge, and I'm glad it's re-opened.

There was some unclarity about whether proof of vaccination is required to enter (seemingly it is).
Old Jan 3, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC E75K
With indoor dining shutting down in Ontario again, should we expect the YYZ and YOW MLLs to close?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 5:59 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by capedreamer
With indoor dining shutting down in Ontario again, should we expect the YYZ and YOW MLLs to close?
The YYZ Dom MLL was open through a previous indoor dining closure.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
And looks like the YYZ Dom MLL lost some competition

Since the question was asked if the YYZ Dom MLL is open with the new Ontario dining closures, I was curious so I searched a bit. Didn't find anything for the MLL but the "AC Crew MLL" (Plaza) had this:

"This lounge is temporarily closed for renovation. We invite you to visit our new Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Departures, Pre-security, Terminal 1) that’s conveniently located after check in, right before security leading towards D Gates. If you require assistance, please Contact Us . We apologise any inconvenience caused."

It would also be interesting to know if AC is reducing numbers allowed in - which makes little sense to me given how there has been zero social distancing at any gate in any Domestic airport I've flown for any AC flight since at least June 2021.

As for the MLLs, were it only that AC itself could have someone assigned the easy task of updating their own lounge page, although I'm sure AC appreciates all the "unpaid" efforts by the collective in doing it ourselves on AC FT.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 7:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
As for the MLLs, were it only that AC itself could have someone assigned the easy task of updating their own lounge page, although I'm sure AC appreciates all the "unpaid" efforts by the collective in doing it ourselves on AC FT.
For a long time, the website was totally useless. For a while, they were updating the website, and it looked like it might be completely up to date. I had thought I could do some checking of the website to what was posted outside the lounges towards the end of my UFP, but didn't get around to it. But perhaps someone else could. If the website is back to being a reliable source (for this, at least), we don't need to worry about keeping the wiki up to date.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
For a long time, the website was totally useless. For a while, they were updating the website, and it looked like it might be completely up to date. I had thought I could do some checking of the website to what was posted outside the lounges towards the end of my UFP, but didn't get around to it. But perhaps someone else could. If the website is back to being a reliable source (for this, at least), we don't need to worry about keeping the wiki up to date.
Short of a government-shutdown of lounges, or a drastic decrease in flying, I can't imagine any changes other than hours expanding. Or maybe the SS opening.

I think we're past the point of needing a chart in the wiki that's updated twice a day
Old Jan 3, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left

It would also be interesting to know if AC is reducing numbers allowed in - which makes little sense to me given how there has been zero social distancing at any gate in any Domestic airport I've flown for any AC flight since at least June 2021.

Please don't tell me we're going back to the Line of Terracottas in a queue waiting to get inside the MLL, because the lounge is operating at 25-50% of capacity. 😖😖

Come on now 24left, you trust AC to be that functional? 🤨
Half the time I wonder how functional AC is behind the scene, the popcorns AC supplies between the IT/E-Upg/2022 Benefit threads are enough for a long weekend. 😂😂

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Short of a government-shutdown of lounges, or a drastic decrease in flying, I can't imagine any changes other than hours expanding. Or maybe the SS opening.

I think we're past the point of needing a chart in the wiki that's updated twice a day
If YYZ/YOW/YUL need to shutdown because of Ford's & Legault's pandemic measure, can AC turn the MLL into the cafe. 💡
Scan your BP, go inside, hand out to-go bags with some F&B? 🙏
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
If YYZ/YOW/YUL need to shutdown because of Ford's & Legault's pandemic measure, can AC turn the MLL into the cafe. 💡
Scan your BP, go inside, hand out to-go bags with some F&B? 🙏
Airport restaurants do not generally shut down when non-airport restaurants do, because people need to eat.

If I'm at home, I can go get some take-out, and eat outside, in my car, or at home.

If I'm in YYZ during a connection, my options are what... a restaurant, lounge, or gate area? Nothing is particularly "safe" compared to the rest. They can close everything down, and we all starve to death though.

And while I can definitely envision a law that means everyone grabs a bag in the MLL and then eats in a crowded gate, rather than in a crowded lounge, history suggests that the lounges can stay open through most of these rules.

That being said, I have seen jurisdictionS that Forced peOple to do exactly that - grab your food in the lounge and head to a crowded gate area to eat. So who knows
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Please don't tell me we're going back to the Line of Terracottas in a queue waiting to get inside the MLL......
(bolding mine)

Brilliant. Also LMAO.
Short hair Francis likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
Airport restaurants do not generally shut down when non-airport restaurants do, because people need to eat.
If I'm at home, I can go get some take-out, and eat outside, in my car, or at home.
In North America, this is indeed the case. In May of 2020, I went through LHR on my way (finally) home, and everything was closed except Boots and one other convenience place - all the restaurants, all the lounges, everything. It was impossible to get a hot coffee before or on the flight (which was the most disappointing J TATL ever - nothing served to drink except water, food was a cold box lunch. I was still grateful to get home).
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:19 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC

If I'm in YYZ during a connection, my options are what... a restaurant, lounge, or gate area? Nothing is particularly "safe" compared to the rest. They can close everything down, and we all starve to death though.

And while I can definitely envision a law that means everyone grabs a bag in the MLL and then eats in a crowded gate, rather than in a crowded lounge, history suggests that the lounges can stay open through most of these rules.

That being said, I have seen jurisdictionS that Forced peOple to do exactly that - grab your food in the lounge and head to a crowded gate area to eat. So who knows
Ya, for O/D it's not the biggest problem except for say a 0600-0800 flight.
Connections, ya restaurant, lounge, or gate area are each poison pills in its own way.
There is a % of folk who will nurse their coffee for 1 hr in the lounge just not to wear a mask. ☹️

"Starve to Death" 🤨
Not in this country yet, at least Canada haven't weld somebody inside a dwelling as a quarantine measure.
Worse has to be limall trapped in the AC Cafe Loo 🤣🤣

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.