Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang

And, no signs of plates or metal utensils like YYC!
YYZ Domestic last night was also Paper Box + Plastic utensils like usual.
And the Cafe is still out of commission. ☹️
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
YVR Domestic MLL did not have this Tuesday night; I'm back there on Monday if no one reports back before then

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
theranj, Still paper boxes as of this (sat) morning/afternoon at the YVR Domestic
Still paper plates lol. It was a Thai Wrap in the self serve station, surprisingly lots of chicken.
Short hair Francis likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 8:31 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Still paper plates lol. It was a Thai Wrap in the self serve station, surprisingly lots of chicken.
I've always called them "Takeaway Paper Boxes" LOL 😂

theranj, Still paper boxes as of this (sat) morning/afternoon at the YVR Domestic
Corresponding food photos for this YVR Domestic MLL visit.

Got to the lounge just shy of the 10am Menu Changeover time.
French Toast was delivered at the table within 1-2 mins.

The other 2 hot items ordered later, no more than 3-5 mins for the food delivery.
Lounge traffic is fairly busy during the Noon hour Domestic widebodies block, but not a standing room situation.

Blueberry French Toast

*This photo might look even better than what alatable is showing

Marinated Califlower Salad from the Takeaway Fridge

Mushroom Flatbread

Fireside Chili Beef
Carfield and m.y like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:01 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
YVR Domestic MLL did not have this Tuesday night; I'm back there on Monday if no one reports back before then
YYZ international MLL still has paper boxes and plastic cutlery
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I had Schwartz's for lunch before heading to YUL. But, felt obliged to order a MLL Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwich anyways to check on its heft. I think it was less than what canadiancow reported in #2031; certainly not "packed" as YSJ8ed described in #2048!

It's no Schwartz's, but I'm still looking forward to my stop in YUL on Wednesday!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:55 pm

YYZ Domestic last night was also Paper Box + Plastic utensils like usual.
And the Cafe is still out of commission. ☹️
YYZ Domestic MLL, one of the server said the workdesk side is now open since 2/17 and capacity is back to full.
Elevator still annoying as ever...

As for new cycle of YYZ Domestic food, it's vastly improved to an edible level (minus the gnocchi) 👍
First order of food took about 5 mins to deliver.
2nd order took closer to 15 mins.

And yes, I was starving since I had to run like OJ to catch the UP

Corresponding YYZ Domestic Food photo

Cream of Broccoli

*Just like the old Cream of Broccoli we used to always see

Fireside Chili

*I like this chili even more than the YVR one.
Thicker, closer to sauce like.

Butter Chicken

Parmesan Spinach Gnocchi

*Would still advise avoiding it, but not as inedible as the old spinach & mushroom penne

Panna Cotta
Carfield, bcnfish and vancouver25k like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:34 am

I too noticed a significant improvement on my visit on the weekend with the YYZ Dom food. Hot food order came in about 1 minute (!) and it was very good. The wine selection is pretty good, too.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Total CF getting into YYZ Dom at around 5:00 PM EST today. The lounge was maxed, there was a lineup to "check in", a second line up to actually scan the BP and enter, and a third lineup for the elevators all in the entryway. Staff were getting flustered, and there were a trio of blowhards in front of me giving them a hard time because the staff wouldn't let them in with a Priority Pass- not sure how they ended up in the MLL at all.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
....and there were a trio of blowhards in front of me giving them a hard time because the staff wouldn't let them in with a Priority Pass- not sure how they ended up in the MLL at all.
Same reason I see people trying to get into the Plaza lounges thinking it's an AC lounge. Every time I go to the one at YYZ Dom, I am in line and see the desk agent explain that they have to go to the AC lounge and then point to where it is. There are people trying to get into lounges with credit cards that are for different lounges. There are people trying to get into the MLL with the expired paper passes from before the earth cooled (One guy insisted to the desk agent that AC had extended them.) A recent favourite was someone trying to get in with +2, claiming her Aeroplan points are her status. The desk agent literally told her she had no status. She pulled up her Aeroplan page to show the points.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:12 pm

In YUL dom. The server who brought my two sandwiches commented "nice meal".

Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:14 pm

Anyone been to YUL TB recently in the early morning ? Have a 8am departure coming up in a week or so - wondering What the hot selection is like
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Agree with the (seeming) consensus here that YVR might have the best MLL food offerings in Canada right now.

Just had some Thai chicken wrap, quinoa, and pickled cauliflower salad from the grab-and-go station and found them better than what is offered at YYZ.
Bohemian1 and asovse1 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
YYT MLL. Sadly no options aside from the standard grab and go

Still nice that it is re-opened. Great little lounge with great staff
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by bcnfish
A concierge just told me they are targeting a March 1 reopening for the signature suite in YYZ. He made it very clear that this is not an officially announced date but they are working to have it ready by then.

With that date coming up so soon preparations would have to be well underway. That leads me to assume that whether or not that specific date is hit there will probably be a re-opening sometime in the near future.
Any updates on this now that we're in March?
Nancy311 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by lcohen999
YYT MLL. Sadly no options aside from the standard grab and go

Still nice that it is re-opened. Great little lounge with great staff
Was it busy up there tonight? It’s usually a little busy prior to the YYZ/YUL flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.