Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:12 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Those posting menus, rather than posting them in the thread, could you please consider uploading them to an image hosting site (I use imgbb) and updating the wiki with links to the new menus? This will make it much easier for people to find them, as opposed to having to scroll through the thread.

@Short hair Francis @vernonc @bcnfish
bcnfish likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Thanks for the report. I'll be spending some time there on Thursday and it has been eons since I have been in that lounge.
Bohemian1, any chili report?
Watery or Thick

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Those posting menus, rather than posting them in the thread, could you please consider uploading them to an image hosting site (I use imgbb) and updating the wiki with links to the new menus? This will make it much easier for people to find them, as opposed to having to scroll through the thread.

@Short hair Francis @vernonc @bcnfish
Can we do both?
If yes, I'll put it on the "to-do" list for the long weekend

I thought thats the reason why FT installed the upload feature, is so I don't have to do the image hosting part and worry about screwing up the coding on the FT side.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:05 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Can we do both?
If yes, I'll put it on the "to-do" list for the long weekend

I thought thats the reason why FT installed the upload feature, is so I don't have to do the image hosting part and worry about screwing up the coding on the FT side.
You can put a link to an image anywhere. Can be hosted on image hosting site, FT, your Dropbox/Google Drive/whatever.

We've also had a number of FT users comment that posting large images can be painful because (a) it can require excessive vertical scrolling, and (b) it can chew up a lot of data for those on mobile. Those issues can be solved by resizing images to be smaller, but that also makes the menu less nice to look at for those who want to see it in detail.

Hence my suggestion to upload the image to a sharing site and put directly in the wiki as opposed to posting in the thread.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:47 pm

CDG MLL today.
It was absolutely not busy. I had the right side of the lounge for my self, for part of my visit.

There were some wrapped cold cuts, cheese, bread and serials for breakfast. It was exactly the same as I have seen on previous visits during covid. In adition to this there were also a hot alternative consisting of scrambled eggs and sausages. This was new compared to my last visit.
Another new thing was that they had scrapped free pour and everything including coffee had to be made by staff on order.
Still an OK selection of alcohol.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:09 pm

At YVR dom. Agree with everyone that the hot food is quite decent. The butter chick pea was generous but not overly so, and the chili was filled at least halfway up the cup so the portions (today, at least) seemed reasonable to me.
Short hair Francis likes this.

Last edited by vancouver25k; Feb 17, 2022 at 10:50 pm
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:19 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Bohemian1, any chili report?
Watery or Thick
\
I didn't end up ordering anything hot - I just had grab and go. But there was certainly a wide array of potato chips on offer and the staff went out of their way to say that the bar was open and how to order hot food. Very impressed with MLL crew yesterday. (YVR TB MLL just for those joining the game in-progress).
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
You can put a link to an image anywhere. Can be hosted on image hosting site, FT, your Dropbox/Google Drive/whatever.

We've also had a number of FT users comment that posting large images can be painful because (a) it can require excessive vertical scrolling, and (b) it can chew up a lot of data for those on mobile. Those issues can be solved by resizing images to be smaller, but that also makes the menu less nice to look at for those who want to see it in detail.

Hence my suggestion to upload the image to a sharing site and put directly in the wiki as opposed to posting in the thread.
Adam Smith, it's done.
I'm kindly gone ahead and deleted the menu out of Post 2019 and 2022.

When possible, can the number of FT users kindly repost the menu in their preferred specification please?
I'll be much obliged and thank you for their contribution in advance 🙌

My sincere apologies in using up too much data 🙇
yyznomad and vancouver25k like this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
YYC sliders yummy today--even with the single mushroom slice under the patty. "Sriracha" wrap was 'meh' though.
The fun surprise, amid multiple Toronto cancellations, was the YUL smoked meat last night. Asked a server whether I should just reorder after prolonged delay and, what should she bring back but a sandwich PACKED with meat à la Schwartz's (ok, maybe a slight exaggeration) and slathered in mustard. It was not the "extra-lean"...
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YSJ8ed
YYC sliders yummy today--even with the single mushroom slice under the patty. "Sriracha" wrap was 'meh' though.
The fun surprise, amid multiple Toronto cancellations, was the YUL smoked meat last night. Asked a server whether I should just reorder after prolonged delay and, what should she bring back but a sandwich PACKED with meat à la Schwartz's (ok, maybe a slight exaggeration) and slathered in mustard. It was not the "extra-lean"...
got a pic? Me wanna see how packity-PACKED it was.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 7:25 pm

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
got a pic? Me wanna see how packity-PACKED it was.
I thought of that after I gobbled it down - 😞 - rookie mistake... I'd say it was almost double what Cow has in the #2031 photo. There was a drippiness from the volume of mustard too. Domestic, btw (not that I think that made a difference).

Man, now I really wish I had grabbed my charging phone from the floor. This is sounding like a Sasquatch sighting or "the one that got away" story...
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:49 pm

I thought of that after I gobbled it down - 😞 - rookie mistake... I'd say it was almost double what Cow has in the #2031 photo. There was a drippiness from the volume of mustard too. Domestic, btw (not that I think that made a difference).

Man, now I really wish I had grabbed my charging phone from the floor. This is sounding like a Sasquatch sighting or "the one that got away" story...
Almost double of what Cow had in #2031 photo? WOW! 😳

Hey, it happens to all of us 🤷
Next Time, Photo + Giggity or it didn't happen 😁😁
YSJ8ed likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

Perhaps we can partially thank some here like Adam Smith upthread with their amusing accounts of Beefgate.
Either that or Mercury is currently out of retrograde.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:31 pm

Travel LHR-YYZ-SFO- which YYZ ML lounge?

Hi Everyone-
I searched the forums (& accidentally posted in lounges, not realizing it should be here in the AC forum) and couldn't find info on someone traveling AC from an international destination (LHR) through YYZ to the US (SFO). I'm assuming I would be coming in to the international area and going out through the trans border area? Since I assume that means I have access to both areas (please correct me if I'm wrong!), does anyone have recommendations on which Maple Leaf lounge I should use? Also, I haven't travelled through YYZ before- will I be going through a US prescreen here? I have 3hrs between flights (if timing maters, I would be there ~2pm-5pm on a Saturday afternoon). Typically my preference is to be in the lounge closest to my departure gate, but if the international lounge is a better place to kill time, I would reconsider! Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC 75K
The Transborder lounge is your only option, and yes, you'll go through US Customs and Immigration at YYZ.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Star Alliance Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, NEXUS GE
You need to clear Canadian immigration when you land, then you need to leave the international area, clear US immigration and enter the transborder area, so the transborder MLL is your only option.

And to be honest, if you're not a Canadian or American citizen and can't use the NEXUS / Global Entry kiosks to skip the immigration officer lines? You're not gonna have much time in the transborder lounge before your flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.