Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLL Lounge access as arrival lounge benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 6:08 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold

I was at the YYZ AC MLL Domestic lounge this morning, travelling with a collegue from YUL.

Decided to use the AC YYZ MLL Domestic upon arrival and invited my collegue to join me. the two Lounge dragons denied access, stating that the lounge was for me only and not for my collegue as an arrival lounge. I asked them to call the SE Concierge for confirmation and told them I have done this a few times before, so this would be a change in policy.

They called a few numbers/collegues and got different stories... I gave up and called SE Concierge and she sent me the official policy from AC....

You would think the agents who work at this lounge would know the policy.. which states at E50k, E75k and SE*100k are allowed to bring family member and/or one guest to to MLL lounge in Canada as arrival.

Was absolutely frustrating experience.

Last edited by ACfly; Sep 7, 2015 at 8:37 pm
Old Sep 7, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by ACfly
You would think the agent who work at this lounge would know the policy.. which states at E50k, E75k and SE*100k are allowed to bring family member and/or one guest to to MLL lounge in Canada as arrival.

Was absolutely frustrating experience.
You'd think there'd be a cue card behind the desk somewhere.

Maybe we should print some off, laminate them and deliver them to all the lounges.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:30 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Link to AC MLL Access

Here's the link to the official AC MLL Access should anyone get the run around for the Lounge dragons..

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...ounges/tc.html

Maple Leaf Lounge access is for departing passengers with the exception of VIP, Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K, Elite 50K members and their qualifying guests (spouse or domestic partner, dependent children and one guest), can enjoy the additional privilege of access to the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge upon arriving at airports in Canada.
Dolphin2 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
To be fair, it took me 3 years of being an elite member before I even knew you could do this. Cow invited me to the Pre YVR Dorian Do at the MLL and I was shocked I could do this.

So I'm not surprised agents don't know either.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
As a somewhat new AC flyer, has there ever been mention of a YYZ arrivals lounge for international flights?

It seems inconsistent that after exiting customs, we can freshen up/shower at LHR or even on an AC codeshare arriving in Johannesburg South Africa... but not in Torono (where a full day of activities await us followed by a 3hr drive to our home in the US).

When we fly 7 to 12 hours nonstop back to YYZ we have no lounge access since we are corralled straight to CBP. We have occasionally added a stop in YUL for the sole reason that we would be pre-cleared before YYZ so we could make use of the Maple leaf lounge.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by expert7700
As a somewhat new AC flyer, has there ever been mention of a YYZ arrivals lounge for international flights?

It seems inconsistent that after exiting customs, we can freshen up/shower at LHR or even on an AC codeshare arriving in Johannesburg South Africa... but not in Torono (where a full day of activities await us followed by a 3hr drive to our home in the US).

When we fly 7 to 12 hours nonstop back to YYZ we have no lounge access since we are corralled straight to CBP. We have occasionally added a stop in YUL for the sole reason that we would be pre-cleared before YYZ so we could make use of the Maple leaf lounge.
It would be nice to have a real arrivals lounge in YYZ or YYC with showers for international arrivals like in LHR or JNB.

Air Canada, please read this. Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by cooleddie
It would be nice to have a real arrivals lounge in YYZ or YYC with showers for international arrivals like in LHR or JNB.

I would think a separate arrivals lounge would be restricted to international arrivals so as not to be overrun with domestic travellers. The YYZ domestic has showers, so provided the MLL agents are aware of policy it shouldn't be a problem. It's clearly stated on the web site.

OP - were you eventually able to get in? And hopefully the offending agents are now aware of proper protocol?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cooleddie

The SFO-YYZ flight would be so much more bearable.

Last edited by canadiancow; Sep 7, 2015 at 10:24 pm
Old May 19, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Has anyone ever used the YQR MLL on arrival (i.e. without a connection)? Have you had to convince the GA that you're allowed to come into the departures area for this purpose?
Old May 19, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
Originally Posted by j_the_p
Has anyone ever used the YQR MLL on arrival (i.e. without a connection)? Have you had to convince the GA that you're allowed to come into the departures area for this purpose?
From what I've seen at YQR, if there are connecting pax, there will be an agent at the gate to let you through, usually with a list of connectors (only seen it used for YYC/YEG-YQR-YYZ pax during IRROPS). This is rare of course, because nobody connects in YQR!

Otherwise, I'd say your best bet is to knock on the glass and try to get the agent at the podium to turn and let you in! I've never seen anyone try that though...That being said, I find the YQR agents to be generally very good, and perhaps the most "by the book," so I'd expect they'd try and help you out.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by nave888
From what I've seen at YQR, if there are connecting pax, there will be an agent at the gate to let you through, usually with a list of connectors (only seen it used for YYC/YEG-YQR-YYZ pax during IRROPS). This is rare of course, because nobody connects in YQR!

Otherwise, I'd say your best bet is to knock on the glass and try to get the agent at the podium to turn and let you in! I've never seen anyone try that though...That being said, I find the YQR agents to be generally very good, and perhaps the most "by the book," so I'd expect they'd try and help you out.
I've actually connected in YQR years ago, just so I could check out the MLL. These days, I fly to YQR weekly. I'm familiar with what I'd have to do to actually try using the MLL as an arrivals lounge (i.e. knock on the glass). I just haven't ever had the need to do it. This is more of a curiosity to see if anyone has actually tried it and what their experience was.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by nave888

I've had to knock on the glass when connecting.

Another time, there was an agent shooing everyone downstairs, but I showed her my connecting boarding pass, and she started apologizing profusely and let me in.

I think you might have to do a bit of explaining, simply because they've never seen it done.

I've had to explain the arrival perk at both YYC and YYZ, and those are airports where I would think it's done somewhat regularly.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by j_the_p
I've actually connected in YQR years ago, just so I could check out the MLL. These days, I fly to YQR weekly. I'm familiar with what I'd have to do to actually try using the MLL as an arrivals lounge (i.e. knock on the glass). I just haven't ever had the need to do it. This is more of a curiosity to see if anyone has actually tried it and what their experience was.
I'd like to know how it goes. YQR has the best domestic MLL of all. Best lounge agent, Good sandwiches, never-empty soup, showers are never full, and a bartender that isn't slow to pour.

I'm curious if the system would let you in using your arriving BP.
Old May 19, 2016, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I'm curious if the system would let you in using your arriving BP.
In my experience, it's hit or miss whether you can get in with your DEPARTING BP

I seem to recall using my card quite a few times, since it worked better.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
In my experience, it's hit or miss whether you can get in with your DEPARTING BP

I seem to recall using my card quite a few times, since it worked better.
That's a good point... I remember having to punch in my number a few times, card not used. But I honestly don't remember what other questions I had to answer, besides # of guests or something like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.