Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This thread originally contained any and all information relating to flying with AC in the times of COVID. As travel has picked up, much of the discussion has been moved to dedicated threads to make topics easier to follow. Threads that may be of particular interest to those travelling during COVID:

Meal threads:
Schedule changes/refunds - temporary COVID-related policies:
The above threads are in the process of winding down as AC moves away from temporary COVID-related policies. Most questions on schedule changes/refunds should be directed to the thread on AC's new permanent schedule change policies

Other AC-related threads:

Pre-travel e-mails:

Information on immigration rules and procedures, and other government requirements, from the Canada forum:
Airport-related threads containing information that may be relevant to AC passengers, but that are not specific to AC (there are many others in the Canada forum; these are a few that have come up frequently):
(Other threads with immigration/government-related questions not specific to AC can be found on the Canada forum, and experiences and questions on those topics should be posted there)
Print Wikipost

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2021, 11:02 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Could not be more excited to head out for my first intl flight this year. Question about YUL transfers as I never have transferred there.

I'm transiting AC to AC, US to Domestic with less than a one hour layover. Think this is doable given the newest flight/customs delays?
Old Aug 30, 2021, 1:16 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by yyztozag
Granddad is flying YYZ-ZRH this week, is Intl. security open yet?
It was last week. All one line-up though. no Nexus or priority etc.. The line moved quickly though in my case. Intl. MLL also open.
yyztozag likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
"Could not be more excited to head out for my first intl flight this year. Question about YUL transfers as I never have transferred there.

I'm transiting AC to AC, US to Domestic with less than a one hour layover. Think this is doable given the newest flight/customs delays?"

Should be if you have nexus. Harder to say if you don't.

I had a one hour layover from INTL-DOM and it was the baggage transfer that got me to miss the flight.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by airoli
It was last week. All one line-up though. no Nexus or priority etc.. The line moved quickly though in my case. Intl. MLL also open.
Can one still use domestic security with their international BP (as was the case prior to international security reopening)?
Old Aug 30, 2021, 7:52 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
So I've got my first US trip since lockdown this weekend, flying YOW-ORD-YYZ.

I'll be flying carry-on only, with a 1h30 connection at Pearson, and Nexus. Any guesses on how make-able that connection's going to be? In other words, just how hard should I be working to standby or SDC onto an earlier flight YOW-YYZ?
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWgary
So I've got my first US trip since lockdown this weekend, flying YOW-ORD-YYZ.

I'll be flying carry-on only, with a 1h30 connection at Pearson, and Nexus. Any guesses on how make-able that connection's going to be? In other words, just how hard should I be working to standby or SDC onto an earlier flight YOW-YYZ?
I assume you mean YOW-YYZ-ORD?

I haven't had any trouble in that direction.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Flying soon for the first time since 2019. AC YHZ-YYT. Dropping off kid #2 to university. Really glad to be travelling again, even though it is a very short trip. Shame that I'll be crammed in to a Q400.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I assume you mean YOW-YYZ-ORD?
It's been a heck of a week. Yes, YOW-YYZ-ORD.

You figure dom-to-US in 80 minutes is doable right now? I haven't set foot in that part of Pearson in nearly two years.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by YVR4Ever
I am heading to San Diego next week from YVR. Has anyone flown transborder out of YVR recently that can comment on conditions?
Turned out to be pretty painless. Antigen test was around 45 min. start to finish, security was 5-10 min. (no Nexus or priority), and US Customs was empty. It was around 1h10min from the Skytrain to the gate.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Almost all evening flights into YYZ seem delayed. I got lucky flying XXX-YUL-YYZ that my first flight was only an hour late, and could easily rebook for a later YUL-YYZ.
40+ minutes waiting for a domestic gate, and then this

Domestic AC luggage at YYZ. People were waiting 2+ hours.

Can AC somehow blame customs for this?

Old Sep 1, 2021, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Almost all evening flights into YYZ seem delayed. I got luck flying XXX-YUL-YYZ that my first flight was only an hour late, and could easily rebook for a later YUL-YYZ.
40+ minutes waiting for a domestic gate, and then this

Domestic AC luggage at YYZ. People were waiting 2+ hours.

Can AC somehow blame customs for this?

Covid delta-variant+ here we go! That's atrocious.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:07 am

So I've been pretty distracted this week, is Pearson just having huge luggage problems because they're short-staffed, or what's the deal here?
Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by YOWgary
So I've been pretty distracted this week, is Pearson just having huge luggage problems because they're short-staffed, or what's the deal here?
I dunno... but from what I heard people who did not fly in on AC did not have any issues. Doesnt AC do their own luggage unloading while others use contractors?
Old Sep 1, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA (GGL-GFL); AC (SE)
Flew YUL to LHR in J last night. Antigen testing at YUL was pretty smooth - very clever to use the mezzanine level for that. Oddly didn’t need to show the test result to anyone at YUL or LHR. Check-in was straight forward - did the much faster automated bag check rather than wait in longish priority queue. Refurbished MLL made a very positive impression. The flight attendants were great notwithstanding the Covid restrictions and a nearly full cabin. I stayed up for dinner which was a massive mistake given short duration of flight and truly mediocre catering. Immigration at LHR was a half hour or so slower than usual given that only a minority of the egates were functioning.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 12:54 pm

Programs: ASMVP100K, Bonvoy Platinum
I have a YUL-YVR-SEA flight booked on AC, with a 1 hour layover in November. I have global entry. My understanding is I would show my test results at check-in in YUL, and complete immigration/customs at YVR, is that right? Secondly, would this be enough time? Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.