Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread COVID-19/Coronavirus; travel waivers, route changes, AC impacts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Key points of AC COVID change/cancellation policy [as of December 10, 2021]:
(see this page under "Changes and cancellations")

Unlimited changes. No change fees. – Until December 31, 2021, if you want to change your flight, we'll waive the change fee. After December 31, 2021, you can make one change at no extra charge. If your new fare has a higher price, you only need to pay the difference from your original fare.

If Air Canada changes the time of your flight, you make a change for free.*
*Within 3 days for North American destinations and 7 days for international and sun destinations.

If your flight is cancelled, you get a refund – If your flight is cancelled for any reason and we don’t rebook you on another flight that departs or arrives within three hours of your original departure or arrival time, or if we add a connection to your itinerary, you can request a refund.

Need to cancel? Save the value for future travel – If you need to cancel a booking, the full value can be transferred to an Air Canada Travel Voucher, which never expires and is fully transferrable, or converted into Aeroplan points with a 65% bonus. Refundable tickets are always refundable.

Flexibility with Aeroplan bookings – Until December 31, 2021, if you want to change your Aeroplan flight reward, we'll waive all change fees. After December 31, 2021, you can still make one change without a fee.
Print Wikipost

Master thread COVID-19/Coronavirus; travel waivers, route changes, AC impacts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2020, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oops, just saw someone had already posted, mods feel free to delete. There is a good Government of Alberta page on flights that have arrived in Calgary or Edmonton with confirmed Covid19, and which rows should self isolate, also put it in the wiki
https://www.alberta.ca/assets/docume...nformation.pdf
Old Mar 16, 2020, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by LockheedElectra
Oops, just saw someone had already posted, mods feel free to delete. There is a good Government of Alberta page on flights that have arrived in Calgary or Edmonton with confirmed Covid19, and which rows should self isolate, also put it in the wiki
https://www.alberta.ca/assets/docume...nformation.pdf
@LockheedElectra

I moved your link higher up in the wiki and added today's date and thanks
Old Mar 16, 2020, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
@LockheedElectra

I moved your link higher up in the wiki and added today's date and thanks

I posted that link two days ago. It has been updated daily.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:04 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by skybluesea
If Cdn citizen or permanent resident then US will NOT have an issue. However, you really should be checking the British Airways one world foum as they’re are NOT travelling on AC or* or are they connecting to AC still?

Extend our support if they need further help
Thanks. They were rebooked onto UA metal. The only thing I have read is that the US was not allowing non-citizens who have been in France in the last 14 days to enter.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stranger
I posted that link two days ago. It has been updated daily.
@Stranger

You added it on March 14 and I recall the first flight on the list was AC 845 FRA-YYC and that "all Seats" were the risk zone. Sorry I didn't add it to the wiki yesterday when I added the updated AC and IATA links. I've added your name.

I see the list has grown in the past 2 days.

Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:15 pm
Suspended

delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 1:43 pm
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Can we change destination then so that we get something close to that fare? Let's say YYZ-CDG?
The information is clearly laid out here: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/.../covid-19.html

Check the "What do you want to do" section and chose the options according to your situation.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:34 pm
Suspended

delete

Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by dr_torch
Good evening all,

They are rebooked on the LHR - ORD - YUL flights. Since they are not US citizens are the going to be allowed onto the flight in LHR?
I doubt the US CBP would allow a person to arrive in ORD from LHR, even with an onward connection to YUL. There is no connection path or sterile transit in ORD--you fully enter the USA, take a skytrain, and go thru domestic security in a different terminal to your connecing flight.

If it were that easy to avoid the travel ban , everyone would book tickets like this and throw away the last flight.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:10 pm
Suspended

delete

Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skybluesea
Agree, US like Canada has NO direct transit program.......

The U.S does not have it and if arriving into the U.S. and connecting to Canada, for example, you have to clear U.S. Immigration, go to your departing terminal and re-clear security.

While Canada does not have the exact same seamless transfer or transit experiences we find in places like SIN, HKG, TPE, NRT, AC's pax certainly have the ability to connect without clearing Canadian immigration while in transit. This was a big idea at AC to help get more U.S. pax to fly through here.

As such, AC has these pages on their website.

Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I have not read all replies since I was trying to avoid the panic around the virus.

​​​​i am flying back Saturday HAN-IST-YUL on a 014 ticket but on two Turkish Airlines flights

I just want to know, should the flight be cancelled will I get any help rebooking on some remaining flights home (just like normal cancelled flights)?

I understand it might be complicated, delayed, etc. I just don't want to have to pay one-way tickets $4k times 5 to find flights by my own.

Anyone had their flight cancelled yet?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:23 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
WS just announced all international and us flights cancelled as of Sunday for 30 days. Only will he sending recovery flights in conjunction with Canadian government

Sunwing has cancelled all trips for next 3 weeks and working to bring back all Canadians currently on trips

AC will likely announce some modification shortly

its going to get crazy (even though it already is)
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
However illegal...

In that case, if paid by credit card, the credit card will refund and debit the airline.
Another rare circumstance where booking through an OTA may come in handy (at least if they're licensed in Ontario).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.