The Forum Lounge Thread (2020)

Wikipost is Locked   Hide Wikipost
Old May 20, 20, 8:58 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tcook052
Wiki Link
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition and 2019 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 29, 20, 7:13 am

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
Raps win going away from a rebuilding Hawks team that still has some rebuilding to do.

With the win, they pass the Heat for 2nd in East which is excellent given the injury woes they've been through.
Yup, No 2 seed will be in important in the playoffs. That way we will only meet the Greek Freak in the Conference finals. And we will not have home court advantage for some of the matchups. Miami and Indiana have been surprisingly good this year.
Old Jan 29, 20, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by vernonc View Post
Yup, No 2 seed will be in important in the playoffs. That way we will only meet the Greek Freak in the Conference finals. And we will not have home court advantage for some of the matchups. Miami and Indiana have been surprisingly good this year.
Bucks put up 88 last night -- in the first half on their way to a 151-131 wins over Wiz. They look the beasts of the east but Raps took them down last year so anything is possible.
Old Jan 29, 20, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Congrats to Miss Sinclair for breaking the all-time international goals record.
#WNTSportsFooty
Old Jan 29, 20, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC E50K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs

Happening tonight
The back story is pretty good, Edmonton billboards showcasing Calgary Flames' Matthew Tkachuk leads to 'Charitable Battle of Alberta' | Sporting News with charities benefiting.

If necessary, round 3 is scheduled for Saturday February 1st back here in YYC.
Old Jan 29, 20, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by YYC traveler View Post
Happening tonight
The back story is pretty good, Edmonton billboards showcasing Calgary Flames' Matthew Tkachuk leads to 'Charitable Battle of Alberta' | Sporting News with charities benefiting.

Meh, only his family likes him. Go Oilers!
Old Jan 29, 20, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by YYC traveler View Post
Happening tonight

Lol. This is hilarious (and great).

Programs: MR Bonvoy LP , AC/AE, DL, Porter, SU, Nexus, APEC
Loved in YXU.....MEMORIAL CUP CHAMP

Programs: AC E50K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Like others before him ("The Rat", aka Ken Linseman comes to mind), you hate his tactics, but you'd have him on your team in a heartbeat.
AltaBound likes this.
Old Jan 29, 20, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kassian signed extension contract for four years.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 20, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Kassian signed extension contract for four years.
Yay! Kassian's a real spark plug for the team and plays a gritty brand of hockey unlike a cheap shot artist like Tkachuk which he apparently learned from his father.
Old Jan 29, 20, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yay! Kassian's a real spark plug for the team and plays a gritty brand of hockey unlike a cheap shot artist like Tkachuk which he apparently learned from his father.
Indeed. And quite the #sportspuck game so far!
Old Jan 30, 20, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congrats to Klow7 for another ASG selection.
#sportshoops
vernonc likes this.
Old Feb 1, 20, 11:21 pm

Oilers spank the Flames 8-3 winning almost every battle in the process and leapfrog over Flames in the Pacific Div. standings. The game had everything from a penalty shot to goalies fighting to McDavid scoring a pair of goals and and a 4-point night for Draisaitl.
Old Feb 2, 20, 6:32 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
The SB tonight will be good, but not how people think. I'm taking the under and I've got SF 23-21. I do enjoy games where I'm not a fan of either team and I can just enjoy good football.
Old Feb 2, 20, 8:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Oilers spank the Flames 8-3 winning almost every battle in the process and leapfrog over Flames in the Pacific Div. standings. The game had everything from a penalty shot to goalies fighting to McDavid scoring a pair of goals and and a 4-point night for Draisaitl.
I was otherwise occupied during the 1st period. Seeing the score was 3-1, I decided not to bother watching the rest of the game. Looks like I made the right decision.

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope View Post
The SB tonight will be good, but not how people think. I'm taking the under and I've got SF 23-21. I do enjoy games where I'm not a fan of either team and I can just enjoy good football.
I'm really not sure what to make of it. I'd like to see Andy Reid win one though. Will be somewhat nice to be a neutral for a change though, I agree with you there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: