The Forum Lounge Thread (2020)

Wikipost is Locked   Hide Wikipost
Old May 20, 20, 8:58 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tcook052
Wiki Link
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition and 2019 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 10, 20, 11:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: A3*G, UA*S, MR PPE, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by painintheuk View Post
2. Left,

You had me so excited! Then I get to yvr and it's just rain 🤨. And delays.

No snow 😭😭
Meanwhile, in Alberta....
Old Jan 10, 20, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Good time for habs to snap the losing streak... Sens up next.
#sportspuck
Old Jan 11, 20, 1:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by pewpew View Post
Meanwhile, in Alberta....
Yeah, not looking forward to -33C. I should have stayed in Portugal... Or at least gone to join @canadiancow in Vegas for the weekend.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 11, 20, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Still could
Old Jan 11, 20, 1:56 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Anyone know of a hire car company thatíll put a G1 or G2 holder on as an additional driver assuming main renter holds a full G?

Okay G1 is somewhat ambitious but thought G2 might be possible? Avis said no, after the guy rang head office to find out what a G1 and G2 were.
Old Jan 11, 20, 4:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hertz 5*
.... so whatís a G1 and G2?
Old Jan 11, 20, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyckerr View Post
.... so what’s a G1 and G2?
I assume @jc94 is talking about Ontario

Class G1

Level One of graduated licensing. Holders may drive Class G vehicles with an accompanying fully licensed driver with at least four years driving experience. Subject to certain conditions.

Class G2

Level Two of graduated licensing. Holders may drive Class G vehicles without accompanying driver but are subject to certain conditions.

https://www.ontario.ca/document/offi...rivers-licence
jc94 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 20, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by 24left View Post
I assume @jc94 is talking about Ontario

Class G1

Level One of graduated licensing. Holders may drive Class G vehicles with an accompanying fully licensed driver with at least four years driving experience. Subject to certain conditions.

Class G2

Level Two of graduated licensing. Holders may drive Class G vehicles without accompanying driver but are subject to certain conditions.

https://www.ontario.ca/document/offi...rivers-licence
Yeah, think it may vary. 05I and 05II in Newfoundland for example. Basically non full driving licenses.
Old Jan 11, 20, 7:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Got it.

Here we have "L" and "N".

L means you are a learner and N means you drive a McLaren. Or something like that.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Jan 11, 20, 7:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: A3*G, UA*S, MR PPE, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Here you have 5GDL -> 5. The former means you're too cheap to pay to (take the road test to) upgrade your license since there's barely any practical difference
Old Jan 12, 20, 11:57 am

Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
While I love the panoramic views, there's one big problem with being at a 150m altitude in the Lower Mainland and it's a four letter word.

That word is "snow".

Anytime Environment Canada warns of the possibility of snow over higher terrain, we know that means us. Explicitly us. They may as well just say our names and address.

So when I woke up this morning to the unmistakable sound of the city snow plow edging along our street, I knew what to expect. And there it was - almost 10 cm of the disgusting white stuff. Eeek!

But while I was sipping my morning cappuccino, savouring the smell of baking baguette and starting to contemplate actually getting showered and dressed, there was knock at the door. Okay, a press of the Ring doorbell.

Lo and behold, two enterprising youths dressed for the weather and fully armed with shovels. Before they could even start their pitch Ms. Boh said "Absolutely!" and off they went. Fifteen minutes later, the deed was done and the hard working lads went away richer.

It's little moments like this that restore my faith in the next generation.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
Originally Posted by Bohemian1 View Post
Lo and behold, two enterprising youths dressed for the weather and fully armed with shovels. Before they could even start their pitch Ms. Boh said "Absolutely!" and off they went. Fifteen minutes later, the deed was done and the hard working lads went away richer.
They are just going to spend it on pogs and angrybird gold.
pewpew and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 12:52 pm

In other news, who here in Southern Ontario got a nuclear alert at 7:25am? I saw the lack of an actual leak and went back to bed but many people are upset.

Dubious IT?
Old Jan 12, 20, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
In other news, who here in Southern Ontario got a nuclear alert at 7:25am? I saw the lack of an actual leak and went back to bed but many people are upset.

Dubious IT?
Well all did, here in Ontario.
Old Jan 12, 20, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

#sportspuck Buds get eaten by Panthers

Buds just got their butt handed back to them by the hungry Panthers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: