Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: codfather

Print Wikipost

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2022, 11:17 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Anyone else notice they seem to have eliminated the reasons for delays (crew availability, waiting for passengers to get through security, etc) in the app? I'm still seeing reasons for cancellations, but not delays. I guess they were tired of having to subsequently explain to passengers how what was a controllable delay became uncontrollable when AC realized it was going to have to pay compensation?
Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Trying to check in AC304 tomorrow just now, and the app did not show anything.

Thought it was another glitch of the app. Then I realized technically the 24- hr window had not been open yet.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: Proud Aeroplan 0K member
Something that really bugs me about the mobile app is that it shows the airport code IST as being “Atatürk Int.”, when that airport has been closed to commercial flights for over 3 years, and doesn’t even have the airport code IST anymore.

Oddly, it’s just the app that has this issue, the website displays the correct airport.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Just checked into a flight and the app is not adding the boarding passes to my Apple wallet. They are in the app, but when I press the wallet icon in the top right, nothing happens. The wheel just spins around but no pass gets added to the wallet. I have just updated to iOS 16. Maybe it is due to that? Anyone else encounter this?
Old Nov 17, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
having the same issue this morning
Old Nov 20, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
I’m showing up on the upgrade list for AC9 tomorrow on the app on my iPhone, but don’t appear on the list on the app on my iPad. Same version of the app.

I’m showing as checked in on both, and have non-boarding-pass boarding passes on both (See an agent at the airport, presumably to verify my vaccination status for Singapore.)

Standby lists are the same on both, and Prem Econ upgrade lists are the same, but the J upgrade list on the iPad omits the top two entries on the J list on my phone, replacing them with the “List only includes eligible passengers” alert box, and then the final person on the J list again.

Anyone seen this discrepancy before?

Last edited by HometoYYZ; Nov 20, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Old Nov 20, 2022, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Probably just an app bug.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Probably just an app bug.
Can (pretty much) confirm. I pull up the upgrade list while in portrait mode, and it shows perfectly fine. It just screws up in landscape orientation. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. The app isn’t exactly optimized for the landscape experience.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:46 am

Anyone else having issues with bp in the app

My last two flights, I've had to get a paper boarding pass because the qr code on the in-app bp wouldn't scan in mll, security, united club, or gate. Is this just me?
Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
When I glanced at the seat orientation I thought wow, did I get upgauged? But then I realized that it's 2 x 2. The same images for the seats appear on the AC website. It's a 7M8. First time I've noticed anything like this, but then I don't fly J as much as the regulars here

Old Dec 2, 2022, 9:59 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
It's a good thing I earned a banked year, because no matter what I do, I just can't seem to re-qualify for SE 😥

King Chung Huang likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
It's a good thing I earned a banked year, because no matter what I do, I just can't seem to re-qualify for SE 😥
Don’t worry. Next week they’ll offer a purchase program to buy SE for $1399
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:20 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
It's funny that you say that, because I noticed that clicking on that dashboard renders an equally useful, and somewhat contradictory, screen which says "You are only 0 SQM and $0 away from Super Elite status.".

I guess I need to find an MR that yields the missing amount.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite

at least your banked year is showing up! 5 months later, multiple emails, and twitter messages and still nothing. But I did get my 300k gift!
Old Dec 2, 2022, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by WithIntent
My last two flights, I've had to get a paper boarding pass because the qr code on the in-app bp wouldn't scan in mll, security, united club, or gate. Is this just me?
This happened to me as well this week with the Android app. Couldn't get through security, but my BP in my partner's iPhone worked. MLL printed me a paper pass in each case, which I used to board. Agent there said they had seen it a few times.

Everything was fine a week prior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.