FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993153-newly-redesigned-air-canada-mobile-app-fall-2019-a.html)

codfather Oct 28, 19 2:38 pm

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Here is the new thread for questions/posts related to the new AC mobile app that is currently in the beta stage of development.

canadiancow Oct 30, 19 2:06 pm

Dear Air Canada,

Please release an updated beta before my 20 flights this weekend. It doesn't need to be perfect, just better. Maybe some login action. Maybe just some general bug fixes. I'll take what I can get.

Sincerely,
Scott

codfather Oct 30, 19 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31683226)
Dear Air Canada,

Please release an updated beta before my 20 flights this weekend. It doesn't need to be perfect, just better. Maybe some login action. Maybe just some general bug fixes. I'll take what I can get.

Sincerely,
Scott

And here I was wishing I had access to the new beta!

Evidently, that was a mistake!

canadiancow Oct 30, 19 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31683439)
And here I was wishing I had access to the new beta!

Evidently, that was a mistake!

With Mobile+ dead, I think the beta is better than the old app right now. But it's a beta that's missing key features. So I just want a refresh before my flights :)

Bohemian1 Oct 30, 19 3:33 pm

I'm still using both.

The 'new' app has a ways to go yet for it to be my go to for AC bookings.

canadiancow Oct 30, 19 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 31683553)
I'm still using both.

I find the flight status listing is so useful. It's ALMOST better than TripIt at the moment. But it only has 15 of my 20 flights showing up for this weekend.

ridefar Oct 30, 19 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 31683553)
I'm still using both.

Really? what do you like? I find the new app so deficient that I can't even bring myself to open it.

canadiancow Oct 30, 19 5:47 pm

These flights are spread over multiple PNRs, but they all show up in chronological order in the flight status tab.

And unlike just having departure times (cough TripIt widget cough), I can actually get a good estimate of my connection time.

At the moment, this screen is more useful for me than TripIt. They both get updated at the same time when there are delays, but this one has more useful information.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...decf977a3f.png

Aside from that, the interface is native, much faster, and much smoother.

Sure, stuff is broken, but that's certainly true in the old app right now.

yyznomad Oct 30, 19 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31683949)
These flights are spread over multiple PNRs, but they all show up in chronological order in the flight status tab.

And unlike just having departure times (cough TripIt widget cough), I can actually get a good estimate of my connection time.

At the moment, this screen is more useful for me than TripIt. They both get updated at the same time when there are delays, but this one has more useful information.

Aside from that, the interface is native, much faster, and much smoother.

Sure, stuff is broken, but that's certainly true in the old app right now.

And if you manually cancel a flight, it actually disappears from the list?

You know what would be nice? Unlike the dumb website, it would be great if they had one full list of all your currently booked flights from AP, Flight Wallet, and a la carte bookings... all based on your AP number (of course, those AP rewards booked on someone else's account would need to be manually inputted by the user).

Now that would be something.

canadiancow Oct 30, 19 6:50 pm

Yes, it will disappear if it's cancelled. It will change if it's modified.

It will pull in all bookings based on Aeroplan number before it leaves beta, but I don't know if that's "all" like the old app, or actually all.

SparseFlyer Oct 30, 19 7:18 pm

So now I want to know what will happen when they start protecting you on multiple flights by holding space on the PNR.

Also. What are.you going to do for 6 hours in Nanaimo?............

codfather Oct 30, 19 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31683501)
With Mobile+ dead, I think the beta is better than the old app right now. But it's a beta that's missing key features. So I just want a refresh before my flights :)

For sure. I trust that when all is said and done this app will be a major upgrade from the current one. I wish the 80 days would go by sooner!

J.L.C. Oct 30, 19 7:50 pm

Is there a beta for both iOS and Android?

How do you access the beta version?

Is there a trick to having both versions installed on android?

codfather Oct 30, 19 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by J.L.C. (Post 31684295)
Is there a beta for both iOS and Android?

How do you access the beta version?

Yes, a beta does exist, but it is full right now.

AC is not allowing any additional downloads of it, unfortunately.

J.L.C. Oct 30, 19 7:59 pm

I was able to join and will test it this weekend.

Maybe it's how they're making up for moving me from J to PY after boarding last weekend.