Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: codfather

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:31 am

In the end I didn't bother updating yet as the message went away and I don't seem to have lost any functionality (yet). All flights in the app as they should be (though there aren't many).
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
In the end I didn't bother updating yet as the message went away and I don't seem to have lost any functionality (yet). All flights in the app as they should be (though there aren't many).
Only 1 out of 7 trips is showing for me - even though I logged out and logged back in a couple times (on the newly downloaded version). Any tips? It's a random October trip, with none of the trips before or after showing.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: AC 50K

I'm waitlisted for a flight YVR-YUL and am waitlisted for business class. I noted something odd with the mobile app. Normally, when waitlisted, it shows a little arrow and symbol on the itinerary next to the flight number. Checking yesterday, the waitlist symbol is gone. When I checked on the desktop version of aircanada.com, it still shows me as waitlisted for business class. Has anyone else experience this discrepancy?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 14, 2022 at 10:13 am Reason: Move content to appropriate thread
Old Jul 14, 2022, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sean Douglas
Normally, when waitlisted, it shows a little arrow and symbol on the itinerary next to the flight number.
It very often doesn't. IME, it's broken more often than it works. It's discussed heavily in this thread.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:52 am

Why aren't all my bookings showing in the app?

The app shows 16, and the website shows 27.

And I have at one manually-added booking in the app (for a friend).

So the app is missing 10 of my 27 bookings. 37% of my bookings do not show up in the app.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:00 am

Mine all dissapeared this weekend. Had to add them manually
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:50 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Why aren't all my bookings showing in the app?
This has been an issue for me for about the last two weeks. It started to occur just before the last app update.

At that time, the app lost a bunch of my existing bookings that had been in there for a while. It also stopped automatically picking up new bookings; I've had to add most (all? I'm not sure) of them manually since then.

I've also found it much slower to pick up on changes to bookings, e.g. when I've requested or cleared an upgrade, changed a seat, etc.
canadiancow and vancouver25k like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:59 pm

Programs: AC 75k
AC app suddenly dropping bookings

We had multiple possible itineraries booked, pending my DD passport coming through. As soon as it cleared I cancelled the alternative routes but we still had multiple intersecting routes we were going to follow.
One of my DD flights wouldn't attach to my account despite calling in and waiting for 30 mins to be told that they had no idea why and they couldn't fix it.
AS recently as a couple of days ago, everything else was fine and then last night, my flight to NY no longer appeared on my app. Similarly, her TCON was also missing but both had been there 2 days ago.
When you are cancelling multiple legs, you automatically assume you goofed something, but logging onto the AC website confirmed they were still a go, even though in one case, it didn't automatically populate in MY BOOKINGS, rather requiring the booking code.
Anyone else seen the same in the recent past?
To be clear, none of these bookings were cancelled or shifted.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:06 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlY2XS
Anyone else seen the same in the recent past?
Yes, quite a few people, which is why I've moved your post here.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Yes, quite a few people, which is why I've moved your post here.
Thx Adam, I swear I did more than one search, before posting.
The weird thing was being told I couldn't add my daughter's booking on the app which told me to call in and when I called in they said they couldn't either.
She is part of our family sharing if that matters, but this was a revenue booking.

Last edited by FlY2XS; Jul 25, 2022 at 11:24 pm
Old Aug 19, 2022, 9:14 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I have a flight today that's been delayed twice, and yet the app claims it's on time. To be fair, the AC web site is equally clueless about a delay.

At least the delay notification emails, Concierge seem to be current with the correct info. Pretty sad though when a third party site like FlightAware has better info than the airline's own app.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:50 pm

Lasted update to the iOS app removes FIN numbers. Interesting….
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:54 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by skiier97
Lasted update to the iOS app removes FIN numbers. Interesting….
oh no i hope that just a bug
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:01 pm

Android 5.26.1 still has them.

But also, called it.

If airlines stopped publishing which aircraft was going to operate which flight, they'd eliminate a lot of bad press.
​​​​​​​
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Android 5.26.1 still has them.

But also, called it.
It seems the FIN numbers are gone but the inbound flight feature is still there; the app still provides sufficient info for bad press

I too hope it’s just a bug…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.