Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: codfather

Print Wikipost

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2022, 1:28 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The latest version of the app appears to have downgraded my status from Super Elite...

canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 2:28 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Ah, but is super elite really a proper noun ....
Old Dec 3, 2022, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
According to some friends (I'm too lazy to grab my iPhone from 25 feet away), only Android has the lowercase.
WithIntent and TTC900Rocket like this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
It’s all caps in the ios app; never noticed before!

Originally Posted by canadiancow
According to some friends (I'm too lazy to grab my iPhone from 25 feet away), only Android has the lowercase.
WithIntent likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 6:51 pm

Programs: AC*100K MM, HHonors Diamond
“New” reason for flight delays

Just noticed this reason for a flight delay tomorrow morning (Dec 8). Maybe I haven’t paid enough attention but I’ve never seen this note.

Also of interest, this flight has been cancelled several times recently due to crew constraints. Wondering if this a new tactic by AC to avoid paying any passenger compensation??
Old Dec 7, 2022, 6:55 pm

Are you on the flight? I'm curious what reason they said in their email or SMS notifications (and boarding gate announcements). Makes it harder to traceback upline delays for sure.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Not alot of spare pilots in YXE, apparently.

Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:15 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
"Flight Deck Crew Shortage" - so a safety issue beyond their control.

At least, that's what they will eventually claim.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 8:19 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
More curiosity than anything else, is it usual for past flight segments to linger in the trips section of the app? Last Saturday's return flight is still shown in the app (says past where the date is usually).
Old Dec 9, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
More curiosity than anything else, is it usual for past flight segments to linger in the trips section of the app? Last Saturday's return flight is still shown in the app (says past where the date is usually).
I was actually writing up a post on this last night, but got tired before my flight and didn't finish it. Here's my recent experience:

I think this app is degrading over time. My list of trips pulls up 10 PNRs. Here's their actual status:
  • Active
  • Cancelled ~3 hours ago
  • Cancelled >24 hours ago
  • Cancelled >24 hours ago
  • Active
  • Active
  • Active
  • Flew the last leg 6 freaking weeks ago
  • Cancelled for a voucher 4 months ago!
  • Cancelled for a voucher over a month ago

So, that's 4 PNRs that should show up. I've tried logging in and logging out (which never clears PNRs, even though it says it does). I've force stopped the app, restarted my phone, etc... I've done everything I can, and nothing will get rid of them.

After a while, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, and those old trips didn't show up when it finally pulled the PNRs (which took a while - at least 15-20 minutes - even though it had said it was up to date).
Old Dec 9, 2022, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I was going to suggest a lot of things that you did. Their mobile backend seems to have some kind of caching layer (it's pretty common for changes to bookings to take several minutes before you can see them in the app), and it's possible this is keeping other stuff around.

Amusingly, even with 22 active bookings, and the high rate of booking/changing/cancelling I do, I am not experiencing any of the issues you are.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: hahaha
My trips list is showing flights that were flown earlier in 2022, but presumably (I don't see the exact dates, but their chronological order is preserved) for the same MM/DD in 2023, so the old PNRs are showing at the bottom of my trip stack, but mingled in between real and active 2023 trips...but clicking through crashes the app
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I was going to suggest a lot of things that you did. Their mobile backend seems to have some kind of caching layer (it's pretty common for changes to bookings to take several minutes before you can see them in the app), and it's possible this is keeping other stuff around.

Amusingly, even with 22 active bookings, and the high rate of booking/changing/cancelling I do, I am not experiencing any of the issues you are.
Really? Interesting. I feel like this has been an issue for a while, ever since that app update they did a few months ago when it also got a lot worse at populating new bookings.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Is there a way to enter an AC discount code to make purchases on the App or do you have to book on aircanada.com if you want to benefit from the discount?
Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:56 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium
The ability to enter a promo code has been a long-standing request to AC to add to the app.

You'll need to book on aircanada.com to use the discount at this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.