Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: codfather

Print Wikipost

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: hahaha
Ugh, one of my segments is "UN" status and I can't access my standby boarding pass for the earlier segment that I'm waitlisted for because of it. It just tells me to deal with the rebooking first, and I don't want to right now, I want to go airside and find a nice table for my laptop before figuring that out

So dumb

Back to the check-in counter I go
Old Dec 29, 2022, 10:02 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Maybe this more about AC's apparent attempt to evade APPR compensation, but regardless, I don't find delayed flight 'information' like the following, particularly useful:

Customers on this flight may refer to email, SMS notifications, and boarding gate announcements for more information on this delay.
Especially when the corresponding SMS notification simply says:

Your flight AC### to ABCD is delayed further until hh:mm and we are working to determine the cause for this delay. We’re sorry for the inconvenience, and we’ll keep you updated if anything changes.
So, the current in-app message steers me out of app (bad UX), to a medium that has zero meaningful content (worse UX), which leaves me feeling deceived and underappreciated (even worse UX). Well done app team!

Okay, so let's make this better.

Why bother consuming valuable screen real estate with empty content at all? Just say "Your flight is delayed" and call it good.

Even I could write that story (for a fee).
bcnfish and WithIntent like this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 10:17 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
After a while, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, and those old trips didn't show up when it finally pulled the PNRs (which took a while - at least 15-20 minutes - even though it had said it was up to date).
The zombie bookings eventually came back. And now flown/cancelled bookings aren't even getting shunted to the bottom of the list, they're showing up at the top with city pairs, times, etc like they're active bookings that are yet to be flown.

The uninstall/reinstall also didn't cure the fact that my SQM counter still shows me about 10-15% shy of SE qualification, even though I'm over 250K SQM.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:20 pm
zam

Missing Standby and Upgrade List

About 6 hrs to scheduled departure and the upgrade list on the app still "cannot be displayed at this time ". Is there anywhere else to see it?
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:32 pm

Might be helpful to know which flight you're referring to?
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:52 pm
zam

AC81 01/02
Old Jan 1, 2023, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by zam
AC81 01/02
Sorry, I've got nothing for you, inbound flight seems to be en route, but at least now there's something to work with, if anyone else knows more.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: hahaha
Does the notification bell, on a flight's "Flight Status" page, work for anybody? It doesn't seem to alert me for any major event (incl. delays) for both my flights and others that I want to track.

I see it has its own notification channel in Android settings, but it's never fired according to Notification History
Old Jan 6, 2023, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by asovse1
Does the notification bell, on a flight's "Flight Status" page, work for anybody? It doesn't seem to alert me for any major event (incl. delays) for both my flights and others that I want to track.

I see it has its own notification channel in Android settings, but it's never fired according to Notification History
Has worked for me as recently as Dec 23rd I think.

How long has "track inbound" been missing?? Noticed it wasn't there last night, but certainly was on Dec 24th!
asovse1 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by asovse1
It works for my own flights, but never works when I want to track a different flight/

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
How long has "track inbound" been missing?? Noticed it wasn't there last night, but certainly was on Dec 24th!
Incoming Flight is still there for me - for the flights I've checked at least.
zam and asovse1 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 12:31 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, AC SE
Anyone run into this error before?

Been popping up for me more frequently these last few days. Latest version of AC app on Android (tried the usual reboot, reinstall, etc)

This some weird anti-bot mechanism gone awry?

Old Jan 17, 2023, 9:36 am

Can I opt out of bonuses?
Attached Images  
nomadic.relief and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 10:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Missing connecting flight BPs after OLCI

In my last two trips, both involving overnight layover, I found that I could not get access to the BPs of the second flights in the mobile app.

I can still get access to it by sending the BPs to my text message or E-mail, but cannot get it in the mobile app.

I have never encountered this problem before. It should be pointed out that both are Flight Pass bookings. Since this is the first time I do FP booking, I suspect there is something related to it.

I will have a regular booking coming up next week and I will see if this problem goes away.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Changeup2000
In my last two trips, both involving overnight layover, I found that I could not get access to the BPs of the second flights in the mobile app.

I can still get access to it by sending the BPs to my text message or E-mail, but cannot get it in the mobile app.

I have never encountered this problem before. It should be pointed out that both are Flight Pass bookings. Since this is the first time I do FP booking, I suspect there is something related to it.

I will have a regular booking coming up next week and I will see if this problem goes away.
I've noticed this too. I think BPs on later days don't show up on that bar at the bottom. But if you go Home -> [Three bars at the top left] -> Boarding passes, it's there.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 4:42 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
The mobile app is no longer automatically adding new PNRs to "Trips" for me.

Thinking back, it's been like this for the last couple of weeks. Manually adding the PNR works fine.

iOS v5.29.2 (2212081315)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.