Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: codfather

Print Wikipost

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2023, 9:33 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
The mobile app is no longer automatically adding new PNRs to "Trips" for me.

Thinking back, it's been like this for the last couple of weeks. Manually adding the PNR works fine.

iOS v5.29.2 (2212081315)
I have the problem of it re-adding PNRs that have long been cancelled... wanna trade?
Bohemian1 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by D582
I have the problem of it re-adding PNRs that have long been cancelled... wanna trade?
Same. At least mine's only visible if I scroll to the very bottom, but I didn't really want a reminder of my 48h unintentional weather stop in YEG this December thank you very much.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:02 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by D582
Exactly. Between cancelled bookings, bookings that have been flown, and bookings that belong to someone else, I have 30 bookings in the app when I should have 8.
D582 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I don't actually think this is an app bug per se. The website seems to be filtering out PNRs with no flights on them. The app is not.

The real issue is why cancelled PNRs are staying active...
Old Jan 18, 2023, 4:05 pm

Surprisingly, I booked a reward flight with RBC avion and I have to cancel, the notification works on notifying me real time that was cancelled, but the PNRs was delayed for a little bit but eventually catches up!
Old Jan 18, 2023, 5:53 pm

Programs: AC 75K *G
Got a push notification today at 5:35 PM ET today that check in to my YVR trip was now open. My trip is in over a month.
When I opened the app I had the same issue of an old trip PNR on my trips. Everything seems to be resolved now.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:32 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post…

I just tried to book an emirates/singapore aeroplan redemption using the app. When I was finalizing the booking, the app throw an error message that says something about simultaneous PNRs access.

The itinerary then disappeared from their search engine. So I thought the booking failed.

However, an hour later the trip show up in my profile with a booking reference. When I look that up on Emirates’ website it basically says the itinerary is reserved but not ticketed. And I should contact my agent.

Anyone knows what’s going on? I tried to call the aeroplan number but I gave up after being put on hold for 30 minutes without an estimate wait time. Shall I try to call them again?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
my eup was successful and when I went to change seats, I got a bunch of errors. Was able to push it through on the website but still annoying
Old Jan 19, 2023, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by RedBet
Not sure if this is the right place to post…

I just tried to book an emirates/singapore aeroplan redemption using the app. When I was finalizing the booking, the app throw an error message that says something about simultaneous PNRs access.

The itinerary then disappeared from their search engine. So I thought the booking failed.

However, an hour later the trip show up in my profile with a booking reference. When I look that up on Emirates’ website it basically says the itinerary is reserved but not ticketed. And I should contact my agent.

Anyone knows what’s going on? I tried to call the aeroplan number but I gave up after being put on hold for 30 minutes without an estimate wait time. Shall I try to call them again?
update: the booking just end up disappearing from my profile. Luckily they put availability back and I managed to book it using the website. I guess the app isn’t that reliable after all.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 12:45 pm

Anyone know if there's an easy way to switch between dates on the app after a search? I know on the website you can go beyond the latest date available but on the app it only lets me look until January 7th.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
About 70% of the time I input a flight number into the flight status section, it comes back a blank white screen. Have to keep doing it over and over until it populates.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Is anyone else having trouble with the SQM/SQD page? Mine is out of sync with the website. I've got an Android and iOS device, the Android App still has last year's #s and doesn't seem to load new data, where as the iPhone app is maybe a week or two out of date. It's especially strange because both apps seem to display new random miles I've gotten from Uber or Starbucks, so it's getting the feed of miles, just the status and benefits parts are MIA.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by TheViperOne
About 70% of the time I input a flight number into the flight status section, it comes back a blank white screen. Have to keep doing it over and over until it populates.
I can't search by route. At all. It keeps flickering the keyboard up and down and won't input anything. Only way to stop the flicker is to escape app and close it down externally (ie can't do anything once flickering keyboard screen starts). Flight number search is fine. I've deleted and reinstalled the app, then long since given up (been that way over a month).
Old Jan 21, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
I am also having major issues with the flight status section, incoming flight, etc live flight info. on iOS. Sucks as I can't check my gate or other super useful info since the last update.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
I am also having major issues with the flight status section, incoming flight, etc live flight info. on iOS. Sucks as I can't check my gate or other super useful info since the last update.
New iOS update just went live. Seems to have fixed the flight status stuff at least.
Rundosrun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.