Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: codfather

Print Wikipost

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2023, 12:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
New iOS update just went live. Seems to have fixed the flight status stuff at least.
Does not work for me even with the iOS update. The correct page will be displayed for half a second and disappear. Very frustrating.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 1:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
Does not work for me even with the iOS update. The correct page will be displayed for half a second and disappear. Very frustrating.
I realize now that I meant app update for the iOS platform. Which probably confused people because there was also an iOS update.

Anyway, update your APP. It has resolved all my issues.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by TheViperOne
I realize now that I meant app update for the iOS platform. Which probably confused people because there was also an iOS update.

Anyway, update your APP. It has resolved all my issues.
My App is up to date.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:05 am

More troubles with the app: the items on the activities list cannot be clicked to expand and show details. iOS and app are both up to date.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K
I have reinstalled the app and am having the same issues.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:24 am
G23

your on 5.29.4 for iOS?
Old Jan 28, 2023, 3:05 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Aside from only getting Aeroplan updates when I login/logout of the app, today I wasn't able to find Calgary on the list of origins when looking up flight status. I could find it as a destination though, and then hit the swap origin/destination button. Quite strange, I just figured it was AC showing that they really are leaving YYC to Westjet.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 3:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Looking like the ticket number is now displaying in the app at the bottom (Android)
Old Jan 29, 2023, 11:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm still seeing a ton of cancelled bookings in the app on Android 5.29.2. It's really challenging to view "my booking" when I have two YVR-SFO appearing on the 31st, two TPE-SFO on the 4th, two AUH-SFO mid-month, etc.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 11:18 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm still seeing a ton of cancelled bookings in the app on Android 5.29.2. It's really challenging to view "my booking" when I have two YVR-SFO appearing on the 31st, two TPE-SFO on the 4th, two AUH-SFO mid-month, etc.
Same here. I should have 8 bookings in the app, but I have 33. The 25 that shouldn't be there are a healthy mix of past bookings, cancelled bookings, and someone else's bookings that didn't clear when I logged out of their account.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 11:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
I am having the same problems. Old flights keep reappearing and then I get notices for upcoming check-ins.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 12:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Same here. I should have 8 bookings in the app, but I have 33. The 25 that shouldn't be there are a healthy mix of past bookings, cancelled bookings, and someone else's bookings that didn't clear when I logged out of their account.
An actual issue I'm running into is getting check-in notifications, checking the app, seeing I have 3 flights to SFO tomorrow, and trying to figure out if I forgot to cancel something, or if they're just phantom.

It's annoying if the list is crowded with useless bookings. It's going to cost me money if I accidentally no-show something I thought I cancelled.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 10:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I’m having the opposite issue from above. My flight in 5 days has disappeared from the app. I can’t view it online either.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I still cannot do a seat change on the app ,get a -7 error

Very annoying as I have to SSO to the website every time (which I get) but shouldn't need so much work just to change seats
Old Jan 30, 2023, 2:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Galvin Niu
I’m having the opposite issue from above. My flight in 5 days has disappeared from the app. I can’t view it online either.
That suggests there's a problem with your booking rather than the app. You should consider running it through the PNR viewer cowtool and calling in if need be.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.