Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: codfather

Print Wikipost

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2023, 8:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
That suggests there's a problem with your booking rather than the app. You should consider running it through the PNR viewer cowtool and calling in if need be.
Appreciate the advice. I did the day it disappeared. Air Canada said they can see it on their end and sent me a pdf confirmation. The cow tool says there’s issue retrieving partner booking but I can see all of my flights
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 4:35 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I have a bunch of bookings , 22 , on the app.
Of those, 6 are either already flown, by more than a week atleast, and some I cancelled and never flew.
The app doesn't seem to refresh and get rid of past/ or cancelled bookings.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 4:53 pm

When I look at past flights on the app, cancelled or flown, there's an option to remove the flights on the overview page.

Seems to work.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 5:15 pm
RZR

I don;t see that option. I click on "trips", and I see a list of all trips I mentioned, no other table with "past" trips
Old Feb 1, 2023, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by RZR
I don;t see that option. I click on "trips", and I see a list of all trips I mentioned, no other table with "past" trips
When I tap on a particular trip, it shows "remove" at the bottom of that next page.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 5:43 pm
RZR

Seems to work in the way you mentioned,thank you.
Wish it did it automatically..... but.. we know.. It's AC I.T
kalderlake likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 11:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Just got a beta update tonight with a digital identification option now.

Takes a photo of your passport, reads the chip and a selfie. I think the beta is just for the cafe but the app says it could be used for boarding in the future. Could be a nice new feature
Old Feb 1, 2023, 11:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Interesting. There was some speculation in post 986 and onward, but I hadn't really thought about lounge entry. I guess some airlines have CLEAR kiosks for lounges, so there's precedent.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 12:45 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RZR
Seems to work in the way you mentioned,thank you.
Wish it did it automatically..... but.. we know.. It's AC I.T
What's puzzling is this used to work fine. It was a relatively recent update that broke it.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 12:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
What's puzzling is this used to work fine. It was a relatively recent update that broke it.
Again, I think the underlying cause is that the PNRs are staying alive much longer than in the past. I'm pretty sure the app is just displaying "all active PNRs", whereas "active" and "not cancelled or flown" used to be equal sets.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by kalderlake
When I tap on a particular trip, it shows "remove" at the bottom of that next page.
The “remove” button never worked for me. The removed trip will just reappear after a few minutes.

I gifted out 4 status passes last year and those trips just stuck in my mobile app and kept prompting me to check in which gave me quite a few goosebumps at night.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Air Canada Digital ID

I got an email today inviting me to test a pilot digital ID for the AC app. It says it’s to test in AC Cafe and some MLL. Perhaps goal is eventually to use it for boarding?

Anyone else get this?

I installed the beta and tried to enter my passport. It would scan my passport but wouldn’t recognize the chip.

EDIT: I was able to add the chip. I also see it’s been mentioned above here.
lcohen999 likes this.

Last edited by cavitron; Feb 2, 2023 at 8:13 am
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:12 am

Air Canada digital ID pilot project at YYZ

Received this in my mail today.
What is digital identification?

Air Canada’s digital identification is a system that can create a digital identity through the Air Canada mobile app that, when the system launches, will allow you to board your select flight and access participating Maple Leaf Lounge and the Air Canada Café without having to show your boarding pass or government ID.

How digital identification works:

1. The app will prompt you to take a picture of your passport, scan the passport chip, then take a selfie. The system will compare both images, compare them, and authenticate you if the photos match.

2. If successful, a digital profile will be created on your device; your digital profile, which is sent to your device, will contain only your selfie, a unique identifier, and details from your passport.

3. Your facial biometrics are immediately deleted and will not remain part of your digital profile.

How to create your digital profile:

1. On your Air Canada mobile app, tap the "Home" tab from the secondary menu in the top left.

2. Select "Personal data", then "Digital identification".

3. From there, follow the prompts to complete your digital profile.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:23 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Given the prompts, I suspect that this is Android only at this point.

EDIT: Based on other comments, I guess it's beta app, so that might be a bad assumption. Has anyone been offered this for iOS?

Last edited by Bohemian1; Feb 2, 2023 at 9:42 am
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: AC SE MM, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Given the prompts, I suspect that this is Android only at this point.

EDIT: Based on other comments, I guess it's beta app, so that might be a bad assumption. Has anyone been offered this for iOS?
I received it this morning. I have an Android phone, but this feature is nowhere to be found in the app.

Edit: Just downloaded the Beta version of the app and entered the info. Wonder if it will work at the AC Café as advertised.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Feb 2, 2023 at 12:17 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.