Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: codfather

Print Wikipost

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
That really surprises me, both: 1) ArriveCan exposes an API, and 2) AC actually integrated successfully with it.
I think it ties back to the issuance of my boarding pass. I was travelling BLL - FRA on Lufthansa and FRA-YYZ on AC. I had checked in, submitted e-upgrade but was only getting the Lufthansa segment boarding pass. I asked the person at the counter in BLL and she said, you'll get your boarding pass in the app once you fill out the ArriveCan app. Once I completed and submitted, got my AC boarding pass and the e-upgrade waitlist visibility
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:36 pm

For some reason got logged off the app and when I try to log back it keeps giving me "There are errors in your form, please try again" Log in works fine everywhere else except chrome where the app directs me to. Any help would be appreciated as I'm clueless.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by rogerhud
For some reason got logged off the app and when I try to log back it keeps giving me "There are errors in your form, please try again" Log in works fine everywhere else except chrome where the app directs me to. Any help would be appreciated as I'm clueless.
I have the exact same thing happening for the last few days.

Login works everywhere except my pixel 4a.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:14 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Having the same issues, can log in to website but cannot login to app with same credentials. This is on a Pixel 6 Pro and Android 13
Old Sep 16, 2022, 4:56 pm

Glad to know I'm not the only one.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Same thing with me. Tried deleting and reinstalling, tried other accounts, nothing. LG Velvet 5g.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: AC SE, IHG Diamond
Same. iOS works fine, but the Android app (and Chrome) doesn't work.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC P(easant)25K
Booked my flight from YOW-LAX via YYZ with very risky connection (MCT+3mins).
Aeroplan app seems to be a bit upset about it and split it into two itinerary, probably betting on me not making it.

Or is it just a common glitch

Last edited by Leyland1989; Sep 17, 2022 at 5:36 pm Reason: Added screencap
Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by rogerhud
Got this issue the other day. Couldn't sign back in even after clearing cache, storage, and finally, full reinstall.

The login issue has been happening in Chrome for me on the regular website as well and what usually works is opening up the site in an incognito tab. But you can't really do that when the app login opens up the page In a temp browser session.

I finally figured that I'd just download another browser (Firefox) and make it my default browser. Next time I tried to login via the AC app, it loaded up the login page and let me input my info and signed me in.

Definitely an annoying issue.
Aselwyn likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
iOS version seems clunky and less responsive. Anyone else notice this?

More evident since iOS 16 update.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 2:33 pm

Does the app no longer provide a push notification reminding you to check in at T-24? I miss that push notification. I know I still get the email...
Old Oct 12, 2022, 2:55 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
Does the app no longer provide a push notification reminding you to check in at T-24?
I haven't been getting them for months.
MasterTravellr likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I got them for my trip this past weekend.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 4:29 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
AC app team, if you're reading this, perhaps you could look at flight status for codeshares. This is AC584, and the app automatically picked up the booking when it was made through UA. It would be nice if it also could figure out which AC flight it was and show the status without me manually having to add it.

canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Oct 20, 2022 at 5:16 pm
Old Oct 22, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Anyone having this issue? Mixed cabins on one segment itinerary?

PY Flexible booked into a narrow body Economy Cabin. Imagine the disappointment of the unfortunate passenger!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.