Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: codfather

Print Wikipost

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2022, 10:17 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The most recent version or two of the app seem slower at picking up new bookings. Back when I was UFPing last fall, I could make a booking in the FP app, switch over to the main app, and almost as soon as I did, it would refresh the bookings and add the new booking(s) I had just made in the FP app.

Now, not only does it not do that, but even if I close the main app to force it to refresh, it often doesn't pick up the new bookings for several minutes.

Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
Random, but why doesn’t 50,000 SQM cross the halfway mark on a Super Elite 100K tracker? It’s just past the 2/3rds mark.
I have the same issue. I think the problem is the rollover and regular miles both start at zero, rather than the rollover miles red circle starting at the end of the turquoise rollover miles circle. You have earned about 40K SQM this year outside rollovers, I've earned about 87K, and I think our progress looks about right on the counter if you only consider those numbers.

Originally Posted by Rundosrun
The app signs me out automatically about 3-5 times a day currently. It's a total joke for any airline claiming to be technologically competent.
Are you on Android or iOS?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
The app signs me out automatically about 3-5 times a day currently. It's a total joke for any airline claiming to be technologically competent.
This is happening to me also. At first I assumed it had something to do with me redownloading the app because this was not an issue prior to me doing that. Such a nuisance.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The most recent version or two of the app seem slower at picking up new bookings.
The app seemingly removed the booking for my upcoming flight around the time check-in opened. It’s been in the app for weeks. But, when I received the email to check in and went to the app, it wasn’t there anymore. I had to dig up the booking reference and re-add it.

Never seen it do that before. 🤔

Last edited by King Chung Huang; Feb 28, 2022 at 9:18 am Reason: speling
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
The iOS app freezes and reboots every time (iPhone 13 Pro). Maybe it’s due to the number of trips I have? In any case, the Android version has no issues (and it’s on an older phone).
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
The iOS app freezes and reboots every time (iPhone 13 Pro). Maybe it’s due to the number of trips I have? In any case, the Android version has no issues (and it’s on an older phone).
Even on Android, with my 21 trips, it's definitely sluggish until it fetches everything.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have not seen this mentioned above, but could be that I missed it. Points balance is not the same on Iphone and on the web site. Correct on the web, wrong total on ios. The list of transactions seems OK though, it's just the balance that's wrong.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:49 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Same happening to me. iPhone, latest version of ios & AC app.

Last edited by krayZpaving; Mar 3, 2022 at 10:55 pm
Old Mar 4, 2022, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Same happening to me. iPhone, latest version of ios & AC app.
Same... I thought the app update yesterday would solve it, but unfortunately it signed me out again this morning.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
Same... I thought the app update yesterday would solve it, but unfortunately it signed me out again this morning.
Yep. I was so hopeful when I saw it was a bug-fix release. But here I am, still having to sign in -- and wait for the emailed code to do so -- every half-hour or so.

New version seems to have removed my flights from my calendar too. Not sure if that integration is broken, or is taking its time to update, or what. (Edit: Now that I'm signed back in on both iPad and iPhone -- at least for now -- flights are showing up in calendar as expected.)

On the plus side, the sign-in thing doesn't seem to happen on my iPad. I've had to sign in like one or two times over the last few weeks. And not one or two times an hour like my phone.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:01 pm

I am getting very strange details on the mobile app re my trips. No longer shows my waitlisted upgrades. Downgraded LHR-YVR from PE to Economy. Upgraded YVR-YYJ to PE from Economy. Clever as it is a Q400.
This was correct yesterday when I checked through the web. Should I be worried?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
In my case, I can't even sign in to the app (Android). The sign-in button is completely non-responsive. I've tried clearing the cache and deleting/reinstalling the app to no avail. Does anyone know of a fix or workaround?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
The app seemingly removed the booking for my upcoming flight around the time check-in opened. It’s been in the app for weeks. But, when I received the email to check in and went to the app, it wasn’t there anymore. I had to dig up the booking reference and re-add it.

Never seen it do that before. 🤔
I am having the same problem (iPhone app). Happened last weekend a day before the flight. Booking disappeared and had to be re-added manually. Aeroplan booking

Happened yesterday for another reservation for this upcoming weekend (FP booking). Other reservations (also FP bookings) remained. Closed out the app and reopened (twice). It eventually reloaded the flights.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 5:31 pm
G23

Login issue

There is an iOS update 5.23.3 that addresses logout issues. To skip the auto update line, go to the Appstore and manually update

Last edited by G23; Mar 9, 2022 at 5:41 pm
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:02 am
G23

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
I am having the same problem (iPhone app). Happened last weekend a day before the flight. Booking disappeared and had to be re-added manually. Aeroplan booking

Happened yesterday for another reservation for this upcoming weekend (FP booking). Other reservations (also FP bookings) remained. Closed out the app and reopened (twice). It eventually reloaded the flights.
This issue should be sorted as well.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is this... Phantom availability?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.