Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: codfather

Print Wikipost

The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2021 | 11:15 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I just made a booking on the website - first explored a different booking class but did not proceed to payment, and did not receive a receipt by email. I started a new booking that I eventually DID pay and get emailed receipt for.
I opened the app and was impressed to see the destination already there, except when I clicked on it, it was the booking I did NOT complete. AND ALSO a second booking that I did complete. I swiped the false booking away and it went, but not before leaving a ghost of a pop-up saying something like dismissing this is not cancelling the flight. It had a PNR beside it (which of course I did not write down, so I can't search for it.) Only one booking is visible in MMB.
It looks like the app is overzealous in sucking in bookings, to the point of loading bookings that are not made.
(Apologies for not reading all of the previous 750 posts in case this is a known issue.)
Old Aug 29, 2021 | 11:45 am
20 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AC 75K, FB Plat
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I just made a booking on the website - first explored a different booking class but did not proceed to payment, and did not receive a receipt by email. I started a new booking that I eventually DID pay and get emailed receipt for.
I opened the app and was impressed to see the destination already there, except when I clicked on it, it was the booking I did NOT complete. AND ALSO a second booking that I did complete. I swiped the false booking away and it went, but not before leaving a ghost of a pop-up saying something like dismissing this is not cancelling the flight. It had a PNR beside it (which of course I did not write down, so I can't search for it.) Only one booking is visible in MMB.
It looks like the app is overzealous in sucking in bookings, to the point of loading bookings that are not made.
(Apologies for not reading all of the previous 750 posts in case this is a known issue.)
That happened to me a week or so ago. It cleared out within a couple hours and I got a notification that the booking had been "cancelled".
Old Aug 29, 2021 | 12:11 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
5 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flyquiet
This is not exclusive to the app. I went through the same thing a couple weeks back, and the uncompleted bookings showed up on the website as well as the app, although I think they may have disappeared more quickly from the website than the app.
Old Aug 29, 2021 | 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
40 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you get to seat selection, you've created a PNR.

It will show up anywhere that pulls them by your Aeroplan number.
flyquiet and Adam Smith like this.
Old Aug 29, 2021 | 3:25 pm
50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I just realized that my banked years of SE aren't displayed on either the app or the website. I don't know when they disappeared, but I will assume that this is just a bug.
Old Aug 29, 2021 | 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I just realized that my banked years of SE aren't displayed on either the app or the website. I don't know when they disappeared, but I will assume that this is just a bug.
I wouldn't assume that. I would write in and ask.
Old Aug 30, 2021 | 5:57 pm
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: AC E75K
Random flight notifications?

Has anyone else been receiving random flight notifications from their AC app?

For the past few weeks, Ive been receiving notifications for flights I have not booked, saved, or (Im fairly certain) even searched on the dates in question.

Case in point: Just received a departure time and gate update for AC467 today. Definitely never booked or even looked up this flight (or any flight) for today.
Old Aug 31, 2021 | 4:37 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Anyone else notice that flights randomly disappear and reappear in the list of flights in the Flight Status section?
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021 | 2:29 am

Oh wow look what I got!

Old Sep 3, 2021 | 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I also have a collection of these celebratory confetti messages. I was thinking of trading them like hockey cards.
In the app, they seem to appear after an app update and/or when I login.....but who knows really.

I seem to have captured the screen shot during the "higher volume confetti phase"

I really like the desktop version because it's more colourful and the confetti goes everywhere with no clean up required.

At first I was amused, but now I think that if AC wants to keep congratulating me for achieving Aeroplan SUPER ELITE, they should offer some 🎂 or 🍫 to go along with the confetti 🎉🎉🎉. LOL
Old Sep 3, 2021 | 10:49 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Oh wow look what I got!
I guess you better start exploring those newfound benefits
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 26, 2021 at 3:46 pm Reason: Remove large quoted image
Old Sep 6, 2021 | 4:48 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Not sure if this is the correct thread, so mods feel free to move.

Looking at a few transborder flights, different itineraries. In almost every case there is a difference between the points amount on the app and on the website. Usually 3000 or 4000 pts. Typically app is more points but my sample size is relatively small. Compared revenue prices for same itineraries and generally the same but on a few occasions there is a couple of dollars difference between the website and the app. Has anyone else seen this?

Followup thought re tx price difference between website and app — website prompts me to sign in for best price. I proceeded without doing that. I was signed into the app from a previous session. Perhaps loyalty/status gives different pricing? This is only a guess. I have never seen that happen prior to the new program. Perhaps there is another explanation entirely.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 6, 2021 at 7:42 pm Reason: Move eUpgrade question to eUpgrade thread
Old Sep 6, 2021 | 7:44 pm
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Bartolo
Not sure if this is the correct thread, so mods feel free to move.

Looking at a few transborder flights, different itineraries. In almost every case there is a difference between the points amount on the app and on the website. Usually 3000 or 4000 pts. Typically app is more points but my sample size is relatively small. Compared revenue prices for same itineraries and generally the same but on a few occasions there is a couple of dollars difference between the website and the app. Has anyone else seen this?

Followup thought re tx price difference between website and app — website prompts me to sign in for best price. I proceeded without doing that. I was signed into the app from a previous session. Perhaps loyalty/status gives different pricing? This is only a guess. I have never seen that happen prior to the new program. Perhaps there is another explanation entirely.
Status and having an Aeroplan credit card get you preferential pricing since the new program was implemented last year.

If you sign in to the website and see different pricing between that and the app, then yes, there's an issue somewhere.

If you weren't signed in on the website when you did those searches, you can't directly compare the pricing to the app.
Old Sep 7, 2021 | 12:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, ShebaMiles, SkyMiles
I was booking an upcoming trip and did a search through the app when I noticed some flight options were being duplicated.

On closer look, it’s not exactly duplicated as one option books under the AC codeshare flight number and one books under the operating carrier flight number.

Thought this was unusual as that does not happen (to my knowledge) on the website. The same search on the website just brings up the one option with an AC flight number on the codeshare segment.

This allowed me to book my flight from AC, but keep the operating carrier flight number, which then allowed me to use some ShebaMiles I’ve been wanting to offload for a SAUA on the segment.

Edited to note: Worked the same for the return segments too.
Old Sep 9, 2021 | 9:41 pm
10 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott
On Android (v5.19) I see different points for the same flight. Website displays base + bonus but app only shows base.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.