FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993153-newly-redesigned-air-canada-mobile-app-fall-2019-a.html)

Yhztraveller Nov 14, 19 4:30 pm


Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31737899)
Beta isn't needed anymore! See above posts.

Tks, I am slow on the uptake at times....

WaytoomuchEurope Nov 14, 19 4:38 pm

New app won't pull my Aeroplan booking. The old one does no problem.

canadiancow Nov 14, 19 4:39 pm


Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 31737993)
New app won't pull my Aeroplan booking. The old one does no problem.

Automatically? (the old one did not)
Or with booking reference? (I've had no issue with the new one)

WaytoomuchEurope Nov 14, 19 4:44 pm


Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31737995)
Automatically? (the old one did not)
Or with booking reference? (I've had no issue with the new one)

Booking reference.

Yhztraveller Nov 14, 19 4:52 pm


Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 31738006)
Booking reference.

just pulled an AP reservation for my son, no problem.

Is there any way to label the trips??

FlyerTalker70 Nov 14, 19 5:13 pm


Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31737995)
Automatically? (the old one did not)
Or with booking reference? (I've had no issue with the new one)

Evidently AC was using their B team to develop this app:

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7166e5ded2.png

Yhztraveller Nov 14, 19 5:25 pm


Originally Posted by j2simpso (Post 31738054)
Evidently AC was using their B team to develop this app:

I probably should not have upgraded in the middle of a run.... Had to go kill a few trees to get some paper boarding passes.

canadiancow Nov 14, 19 5:55 pm


Originally Posted by j2simpso (Post 31738054)
Evidently AC was using their B team to develop this app:

Gee and I wonder why we don't get more participation from AC employees on FT.

canadiancow Nov 14, 19 6:00 pm

But in response to that specific issue:

If you sign in with Aeroplan, all your bookings will show up, so I actually agree with their decision not to include migration logic. It would be run at most once, would only impact people who have Aeroplan bookings or bookings for other people, and would just be a waste of time when they could instead be working on useful features. Of my ~30 active future bookings, I think only 2 were not pulled down by my Aeroplan number. I can live with that.

Sure, doing it in the middle of an EYW run when you have all your electronic BPs in the app could be a pain. But other than that, it seems fine.

YYC traveler Nov 15, 19 8:31 am

Enough positive feedback here to give me reason to update. Two findings so far, one negative and one positive. On my iPhone SE, the login screen doesn't properly centre, making entering my Aeroplan number very difficult. On the positive side, it looks like the app developers have properly designed the app for an iPad.

Based on my brief exploration of the functionality there are a number of features gone missing, there doesn't seem to be a Setting for syncing to my Calendar. Hopefully when this feature comes back I'll be able to control which iOS calendar. Upon login the app did download my existing bookings, but there seems to be a lack of information available for each booking, such as seat number. Am I missing something?

etkuo Nov 15, 19 9:11 am


Originally Posted by YYC traveler (Post 31739854)
Enough positive feedback here to give me reason to update. Two findings so far, one negative and one positive. On my iPhone SE, the login screen doesn't properly centre, making entering my Aeroplan number very difficult. On the positive side, it looks like the app developers have properly designed the app for an iPad.

Based on my brief exploration of the functionality there are a number of features gone missing, there doesn't seem to be a Setting for syncing to my Calendar. Hopefully when this feature comes back I'll be able to control which iOS calendar. Upon login the app did download my existing bookings, but there seems to be a lack of information available for each booking, such as seat number. Am I missing something?

I use the sync to calendar function extensively and I also hope that it will come back in a future update, fingers crossed...

ridefar Nov 15, 19 9:28 am

The other thing I have noticed that isn't done well/right/at all is integrating you KTN and passport information into the check in process. The new app doesn't seem to want to pull this from either your profile or the booking, so you have to enter it in again during check-in (or end up without pre-check).

canadiancow Nov 15, 19 9:48 am


Originally Posted by ridefar (Post 31740068)
The other thing I have noticed that isn't done well/right/at all is integrating you KTN and passport information into the check in process. The new app doesn't seem to want to pull this from either your profile or the booking, so you have to enter it in again during check-in (or end up without pre-check).

It's been filling all my information since being able to sign in with Aeroplan.

It's always using my passport though, when I'd rather it use NEXUS. And it's only filling my information, not my travel companion, even though I have all his data saved as a passenger in my profile.

VoodooYYC Nov 15, 19 9:49 am

I am really underwhelmed. No information specific to your reservation available (Bistro or BRVG vouchers, fare class), and the total lack of seat info and ability to change it is unbelievable. What a hunk of garbage.

canadiancow Nov 15, 19 9:53 am


Originally Posted by VoodooYYC (Post 31740148)
I am really underwhelmed. No information specific to your reservation available (Bistro or BRVG vouchers, fare class), and the total lack of seat info and ability to change it is unbelievable. What a hunk of garbage.

Have you considered that this may have been built with the Amadeus migration in mind?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:29 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.