FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993153-newly-redesigned-air-canada-mobile-app-fall-2019-a.html)

codfather Nov 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by YYC traveler (Post 31737760)
According to the Apple App Store it has been offically released as version 5.0, see https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/air-canada/id326459697

The App Store on my phone is offering this as an update to my current version. Generally I like living on the bleed edge and updating as soon as possible. Based on past experience with the Air Canada app, I'm waiting on this update.

Just updated. It is exactly the same as the beta version of the new app, so I am guessing the beta period is now over?

Really confused. I thought we weren't getting a new AC mobile app until like January after the beta period is finished.

Also, still no digital altitude card in the now updated app.

canadiancow Nov 14, 2019 3:42 pm

The digital card will come later. They needed to get something out that supported login to replace the old one.

I forgot to send my email of issues I found over the weekend, so I'll try to do that tonight so 5.0.1 can fix some of them ;)

capedreamer Nov 14, 2019 3:42 pm

Just got the new app through the App Store (guess I didn’t have the beta?).

First experiences are positive:

Logged in error-free ^
Automatically loaded my booking ^
Automatically loaded my booking not made on AC.com ^

codfather Nov 14, 2019 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31737809)
The digital card will come later. They needed to get something out that supported login to replace the old one.

I forgot to send my email of issues I found over the weekend, so I'll try to do that tonight so 5.0.1 can fix some of them ;)

That is what I expected given what you said before, I was just surprised to see the app released today without it.

I would be intrigued to see what this list contains? I can't imagine you found many issues...Lol

canadiancow Nov 14, 2019 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31737816)
That is what I expected given what you said before, I was just surprised to see the app released today without it.

I would be intrigued to see what this list contains? I can't imagine you found many issues...Lol

I suspect they need to get it out before the Amadeus switch. There was also a FP app update today.

Here's the draft I had (and the TODO is why I didn't send it):

Having used the new Android app for 29 flights on multiple bookings over the weekend, I have some feedback:

1. The brightness often goes to 100%, even on screens that are not showing a boarding pass.

2. The list of reservations jumps back to the top constantly if it's updating, which is annoying when I'm trying to scroll down. (TODO attach video)

3. I often travel with another person on my booking, and I complete check-in for both of us. However, his boarding pass shows up first, and I have to go into each flight to remove them individually. It would be nice to be able to either only download one person's boarding pass, or to quickly remove all passes for one passenger.

4. I have one booking, SFO-YYC, overnight, YYC-YXE. I was able to check in for the first segment, but not the second. 24 hours before the second, the app would only send me to check-in for the first. The old app let me specify a departure city, which needed to be YYC for this to work.

I'll have to make a video and send it if they haven't fixed it in today's update.

Bohemian1 Nov 14, 2019 3:52 pm

I like how it still shows flights I flew over 24 hours ago.

ridefar Nov 14, 2019 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 31737848)
I like how it still shows flights I flew over 24 hours ago.

They seem to go away after 72 hours or so. It is irritating.

canadiancow Nov 14, 2019 4:02 pm

When they drop off the PNR (something like 72 hours), the app no longer sees them, and sorts them appropriately.

I definitely agree that I always want my next flight to show up first though.

Yhztraveller Nov 14, 2019 4:05 pm

beta is full.... :(

codfather Nov 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 31737886)
beta is full.... :(

Beta isn't needed anymore! See above posts.

codfather Nov 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Every time I exit the updated app, the rondelle on the app icon shrinks from the old size to the new size.

In the older app, it filled the app icon, but the new app has it as a smaller rondelle in the center.

Glitch perhaps? Or is it a design feature I wonder.

capedreamer Nov 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31737910)
Every time I exit the updated app, the rondelle on the app icon shrinks from the old size to the new size.

In the older app, it filled the app icon, but the new app has it as a smaller rondelle in the center.

Glitch perhaps? Or is it a design feature I wonder.

I don’t understand. The new app (which I just got) has the smaller icon. It doesn’t shrink and grow back and forth, does it?

codfather Nov 14, 2019 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer (Post 31737942)
I don’t understand. The new app (which I just got) has the smaller icon. It doesn’t shrink and grow back and forth, does it?

Apparently mine does! Lol

capedreamer Nov 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31737945)
Apparently mine does! Lol

Oh that’s odd...

codfather Nov 14, 2019 4:24 pm

I have a video taken with screen record. Does anybody know if we can upload videos to FT?

I think not, but worth asking.