FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993153-newly-redesigned-air-canada-mobile-app-fall-2019-a.html)

VoodooYYC Nov 15, 19 10:19 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31740164)
Have you considered that this may have been built with the Amadeus migration in mind?

So you think all these things will come live when the migration is complete? If so, then really, should they have waited post-migration to launch?

Another blazing achievement in the field of software development.

FlyerTalker70 Nov 15, 19 10:22 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31738139)
Gee and I wonder why we don't get more participation from AC employees on FT.

Either that of the ongoing discussion of deflategate has ticked them off! LOL

lcohen999 Nov 15, 19 10:41 am

Originally Posted by VoodooYYC (Post 31740148)
I am really underwhelmed. No information specific to your reservation available (Bistro or BRVG vouchers, fare class), and the total lack of seat info and ability to change it is unbelievable. What a hunk of garbage.

I just went in to change a seat for a flight. It auto-loaded the website with the booking and I was able to change it there

No problems. It is a beta app, manage expectations. Overall I like the new app. I would like to see Google Pay integration and a few other things.

However, it loads fast and works fine. Especially the latest beta

lewis_m Nov 15, 19 10:54 am

As of yesterday, it is production

secretalcoholic Nov 15, 19 11:09 am

I haven't had the older AC iOS app in the past 3 months...feels good not to be dealing with it :)

Now I might just download it again with this version.

Nefii Nov 15, 19 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by etkuo (Post 31740003)
I use the sync to calendar function extensively and I also hope that it will come back in a future update, fingers crossed...

the calendar sync was something I loved, I hate how TripIt does it. I tweeted to AC regarding the sync, hoping for a good response.

etgohomeok Nov 15, 19 1:47 pm

My comments:
  1. The lack of any way to view seat maps and/or select seats is a big disappointment.
  2. Apparently my flight to Tokyo has been downgraded to a Dash-8.
  3. Android reports the app as using excessive battery power when it's running in the background not doing anything...
Overall, I liked the old app better.

YYT82 Nov 15, 19 2:04 pm

I found the new iOS version 5.0 being exceedingly slow. I should have waited until my runs are over before updating.

Any way to reverse an iOS update?

Bohemian1 Nov 15, 19 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by YYT82 (Post 31741005)
I found the new iOS version 5.0 being exceedingly slow. I should have waited until my runs are over before updating.

Any way to reverse an iOS update?

If it wasn't side-loaded to begin with, the only way I know is to restore from an earlier device backup. But this may not achieve the desired goal if you backup to iCloud as opposed to a local backup on your laptop.

tcook052 Nov 15, 19 3:03 pm

Please note that a few posts have been deleted so let's refocus this thread discussion to be about the AC app.

tcook052

Jebby_ca Nov 15, 19 4:02 pm

A new update for iOS was just released... 5.0.1... not sure what was fixed, release notes just say bug fixes.

TechnoTourist Nov 15, 19 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca (Post 31741407)
A new update for iOS was just released... 5.0.1... not sure what was fixed, release notes just say bug fixes.

5.0.1 for Android is out too. It replaces the old app, leaving the 5.0.0 (former beta) app alongside.

24left Nov 15, 19 4:09 pm

Love the thanks part.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...274a940f00.png

WaytoomuchEurope Nov 15, 19 5:15 pm

Itís been trying to load a flight of mine for 5 minutes. Iím annoyed.

YVRtoYYZ Nov 16, 19 7:30 am

Just had to download 5.0.1. All 5 upcoming trips did not load initially despite adding my Aeroplan ID and password. Closed the app and logged back in triggered 3 of the flights to load. Like WaytoomuchEurope , my Aeroplan flights had to be manually added via the PNR.

Disappointed to have the Seat Preview option removed from this version.

Have to check-in to a flight in 70mins. Will see how that experience is.