FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993153-newly-redesigned-air-canada-mobile-app-fall-2019-a.html)

canadiancow Nov 7, 2019 8:27 pm

Sorry I was at an event. But yes, I cleared data to remove 3GB of logs, then signed in, and 18 bookings are present. Much better than before.

codfather Nov 7, 2019 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by marchelli (Post 31712646)
I was able to log into aeroplan, but still not altitude card.

I was just going to mention this...

Ugh, I just want them to give us a card back! Once we get it in our mobile wallet it will stay there!

canadiancow Nov 8, 2019 10:43 am

The card will come in a future update.

ecc Nov 8, 2019 11:30 am

Ran into a fun couple of bugs:
1. Won't let me retrieve bookings or connect to Aeroplan on my home network where I block
trackers network wide via DNS (similar to the issue with logging in to AC.com/aeroplan.com)
Works on cell net/VPN
On my end, have no plan to change the blocking list.
Fun fact, this also happens with my Roomba.
2. On a VPN, cleared data and cache, logged into aeroplan, it didn't pull the flights I have (I assume it's due to AC for business), closed the app, and it consistently crashed on startup. Yay. Wiped cache and cleard data, started up the app, logged into aeroplan and added an itinerary manually. Works like a charm.

24left Nov 8, 2019 11:35 am

Originally Posted by ecc (Post 31715999)
.....Fun fact, this also happens with my Roomba........

I find the thought of your Roomba being able to pull up Aeroplan bookings to be highly amusing. :D

codfather Nov 8, 2019 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31715792)
The card will come in a future update.

Good to know. Thanks Cow! Hopefully it is soon.

Bohemian1 Nov 8, 2019 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 31716017)
I find the thought of your Roomba being able to pull up Aeroplan bookings to be highly amusing. :D

And what cabin class does your Roomba normally fly in?

I heard something distinctly making periodic Roomba like noises on an overnight TATL recently.

YYC traveler Nov 8, 2019 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 31716149)

I heard something distinctly making periodic Roomba like noises on an overnight TATL recently.

Given the lack of general cleanliness of AC planes, perhaps a Roomba might be part of the solution.

ecc Nov 8, 2019 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 31716149)

Based on how much it cost, P fare in J 😛 but worth it to have the automatic dustbin cleanup, as I have allergies.

Really annoying that AC and in this case iRobot feel they can just collect data wholesale. It doesn't even need a cloud connection to function, as I've disabled the saved maps. Same thing with AC, let me login without tracking, or at least let me opt out. (Though as a European citizen, it would probably have to be opt in under the GDPR, which is better.)

TechnoTourist Nov 8, 2019 3:52 pm

How do you remove old boarding passes in the beta Android app? I have some that are a month old which wouldn't be an issue if they were sorted better.

canadiancow Nov 8, 2019 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist (Post 31716809)
How do you remove old boarding passes in the beta Android app? I have some that are a month old which wouldn't be an issue if they were sorted better.

I think you have to remove the old booking entirely. I submitted that feedback a while ago.

TechnoTourist Nov 8, 2019 4:32 pm

Hmm, the trips are gone but the boarding passes remain. I guess I'll just clear the app data after these flights to clear it out.

lewis_m Nov 8, 2019 4:36 pm

If you hit More at the bottom right of a boarding pass you can remove it.

TechnoTourist Nov 8, 2019 5:37 pm

I didn't have any option to delete under more. An update was available in the play store and sure enough there is a remove pass option now.

There is also an Aeroplan tab now and all my upcoming flights are listed after I logged in. v5.0.0 (1911062102)

YYC traveler Nov 14, 2019 3:30 pm

According to the Apple App Store it has been offically released as version 5.0, see https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/air-canada/id326459697

Nov 14, 2019
The all new Air Canada app has arrived! See our App Store description to learn more about what's new.

Please note: Your bookings, tracked flights, and boarding passes from earlier versions of the app will not be migrated into the new app.

The App Store on my phone is offering this as an update to my current version. Generally I like living on the bleed edge and updating as soon as possible. Based on past experience with the Air Canada app, I'm waiting on this update.