FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993153-newly-redesigned-air-canada-mobile-app-fall-2019-a.html)

TechnoTourist Nov 21, 2019 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by musicmtl (Post 31764008)
New update of the Android app downloading now!

I don't see anything different with 5.0.2. Change log says:

Addressed a few under-the-hood issues to improve the stability of the app.

musicmtl Nov 21, 2019 7:23 pm

Nothing new in terms of features, but hopefully more reliable functionality.

Jebby_ca Nov 22, 2019 5:03 am

Hrmmm...no update so far for iOS...

I don't seem to be able to pull my reservations into the app anymore.. either by logging in or by entering the record locator.

Swiftler Nov 22, 2019 8:14 am

Hi everyone, I just want to share the information I just received from the Air Canada IT department.

Any Air Canada Vacations booking before November 19 will not show up on the new Air Canada App. The AC IT are unable to confirm as to when it will be available again. If you call ACV with your original booking reference, they will give you a new one.

However, direct booking via Air Canada will no problem showing up on the app.

LesDorgo Nov 22, 2019 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Swiftler (Post 31765569)
Hi everyone, I just want to share the information I just received from the Air Canada IT department.

Any Air Canada Vacations booking before November 19 will not show up on the new Air Canada App. The AC IT are unable to confirm as to when it will be available again. If you call ACV with your original booking reference, they will give you a new one.

However, direct booking via Air Canada will no problem showing up on the app.

I booked an ACV on 16 Nov and it is in the new app with out me doing anything. I fly YYZ-CUN 13 dec CUN-YYZ 20 DEC.

Yhztraveller Nov 22, 2019 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca (Post 31765021)
Hrmmm...no update so far for iOS...

I don't seem to be able to pull my reservations into the app anymore.. either by logging in or by entering the record locator.

Just downloaded the iOS update. Good news is that I did not have to re-login. All reservations are there.

codfather Nov 22, 2019 1:11 pm

My oh my! Two days of not going on FT meant missing a lot of posts! I need to catch up lol

Also just got the new update, I don't see any noticeable changes as expected given that it is just fixing bugs.

Still waiting on the update that gives us everything we actually want...

ridefar Nov 22, 2019 1:19 pm

The very first button I clicked on with 5.0.2 caused it to crash.

I think “bug fixes” have a ways to go before backlog is even looked at.

yyz_atc_qq Nov 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 31766171)
Just downloaded the iOS update. Good news is that I did not have to re-login. All reservations are there.

But my reservations are still showing the pre-Amadeus locator values, and I am unable to check in using the app for a flight tomorrow morning. I am able to check in on the website

Stranger Nov 22, 2019 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq (Post 31766634)
But my reservations are still showing the pre-Amadeus locator values, and I am unable to check in using the app for a flight tomorrow morning. I am able to check in on the website

App shows the new booking reference for all my bookings. However, in at least two instances, the app shows a different equipment, compared with aircanada.com, the the latter being consistent with my itineraries.

Adam Smith Nov 22, 2019 3:53 pm

I just downloaded the new app and have been checking it out today. It looks terrible, is slow, and is full of bugs. Also, worse than the old app. So, I guess that's about what I expected, given this is AC.

canadiancow Nov 22, 2019 7:55 pm

Somebody is doing something to my bookings.

I really wish the notifications had more information.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2bd0177170.png

24left Nov 22, 2019 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31767576)
Somebody is doing something to my bookings.

I really wish the notifications had more information.

Yup, I just received a few as well. And agree, no info whatsoever. Well, at least it seems to know where I'm going. Or not.

daltimas Nov 22, 2019 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 31767074)
I just downloaded the new app and have been checking it out today. It looks terrible, is slow, and is full of bugs. Also, worse than the old app. So, I guess that's about what I expected, given this is AC.

Agreed this new version totally sucks. It is also very intuitive. Probably used AC software developers as their focus group!

Adam Smith Nov 22, 2019 8:48 pm

So here's a thing that's really annoying. You can't buy a flight now without entering a cell phone number, apparently. Mine was on file at Aeroplan, but missing the country code. And if you select your profile, you can't change any of the info from the profile, so you have to get your Aeroplan profile updated. Can't update that in the app, have to go to the Aeroplan site on desktop. Because of course if you try it in the app, it will go to the Aeroplan app, which doesn't offer that functionality.

So, go to the Aeroplan desktop site and fix it. Log in and out of AC app. Hasn't refreshed. Force stop the app and start it up. Hasn't refreshed. Wait a few hours. Still hasn't refreshed. Reinstall the app. IT STILL HASN'T REFRESHED.

Who the .... tests this stuff before they put it out to the public?