FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993153-newly-redesigned-air-canada-mobile-app-fall-2019-a.html)

codfather Nov 19, 19 4:30 pm

Since the Amadeus update, I have noticed the pax info on the app has changed.

Now says,
Johnamr Smith
AC/[email protected]

Only seeing this AC/E on my AE booking, but not on my paid booking.

Does AC/E signify status perhaps? Funny though, as I have Prestige, not Elite.

Yhztraveller Nov 19, 19 5:16 pm


Originally Posted by Genetk44 (Post 31755039)
All the essential functionality and information has been removed, the u/i sucks, and it just looks like crap...!

Ummm, no, the essential functionality and information has not been removed. My reservations are there, I like the Flight Status page, I can check-in and get a boarding pass, track the inbound flight, search the incorrect standby list, search other flights, etc.

It is much better than the old app (granted, anything would be better).

There are bugs, and improvements that need to happen, but I am amazed that they got the app updated and amazed that it was able to handle the migration fairly seamlessly.

codfather Nov 19, 19 5:21 pm


Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 31755882)
Ummm, no, the essential functionality and information has not been removed. My reservations are there, I like the Flight Status page, I can check-in and get a boarding pass, track the inbound flight, search the incorrect standby list, search other flights, etc.

It is much better than the old app (granted, anything would be better).

There are bugs, and improvements that need to happen, but I am amazed that they got the app updated and amazed that it was able to handle the migration fairly seamlessly.

The best migration to a new system I have ever seen from AC!

And no, I am not comparing it to the disaster that is the Amadeus transition...:D

Genetk44 Nov 19, 19 6:12 pm


Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31755168)
App isn't totally complete yet from what I understand.

Expect many bug fixes and other additions to the app in the coming weeks.

One can only hope.

mountainboy Nov 19, 19 7:11 pm

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f5b99cf0b2.jpg

Maybe they do it this way?

yyckerr Nov 19, 19 7:13 pm


Originally Posted by Norcanair (Post 31755716)
Not sure if this is the right thread - mods feel free to move.

Since the Amadeus upgrade came online today, the Aeroplan iPhone app won't log me in, claiming "this version of the app is no longer supported." Click on the update option, but the app store has no new version available

Update is published on App Store now

codfather Nov 19, 19 7:21 pm


Originally Posted by mountainboy (Post 31756155)

Amazing :D TATL on a DH3 would be legendary.

Any other incorrect aircraft issues being noticed on the app besides this?

marke190 Nov 19, 19 7:57 pm

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b414ce0ae.jpeg

Looks like there's still some cleaning up that needs to be done. It doesn't seem to be an issue for places other than Saint John NB and St. John's NL as the app includes the province name for these places.

Genetk44 Nov 20, 19 4:35 am


Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 31755882)
Ummm, no, the essential functionality and information has not been removed. My reservations are there, I like the Flight Status page, I can check-in and get a boarding pass, track the inbound flight, search the incorrect standby list, search other flights, etc.

It is much better than the old app (granted, anything would be better).

There are bugs, and improvements that need to happen, but I am amazed that they got the app updated and amazed that it was able to handle the migration fairly seamlessly.

Yeah..ok, finally found the online check-in button after some searching. As for the rest of your comment....glad you like it but it appears you’re really in the minority. The comments in various forums,news reports etc are overwhelmingly in agreement that the “ app upgrade” has pretty well Been a regression and downgraded the app.

Genetk44 Nov 20, 19 4:38 am


Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31755905)
The best migration to a new system I have ever seen from AC!

And no, I am not comparing it to the disaster that is the Amadeus transition...:D

Great...the transition was seamless...from a not so great usable functioning app to a complete dogs-breakfast of a completely multi-step,useless piece of garbage.

codfather Nov 20, 19 7:11 am


Originally Posted by Genetk44 (Post 31757255)
Great...the transition was seamless...from a not so great usable functioning app to a complete dogs-breakfast of a completely multi-step,useless piece of garbage.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but most members on this forum would disagree with you...

The new app is quite popular amongst the FFs!

ridefar Nov 20, 19 7:15 am


Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31757607)
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but most members on this forum would disagree with you...

The new app is quite popular amongst the FFs!

Because the old app was deprecated and we don't have a choice?

I don't find the new app remotely as good as the old. And the old was a pretty low bar to get over.

YYT82 Nov 20, 19 7:17 am


Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31757607)
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but most members on this forum would disagree with you...

The new app is quite popular amongst the FFs!

Hmmm, really? I'm at the point where I want to completely uninstall the app and just use the web browser.

codfather Nov 20, 19 7:20 am


Originally Posted by ridefar (Post 31757623)
Because the old app was deprecated and we don't have a choice?

I don't find the new app remotely as good as the old. And the old was a pretty low bar to get over.

I am of the opinion that everything is still in the development stage, and these minor kinks will be worked out over the next few weeks.

codfather Nov 20, 19 7:21 am


Originally Posted by YYT82 (Post 31757635)
Hmmm, really? I'm at the point where I want to completely uninstall the app and just use the web browser.

I am somewhat surprised that they decided to fully release the new app before the beta period ended.

I would have expected them to leave the old app there for the next two months at least.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:23 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.