Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by codfather
Well, my dad completely did not believe me when I told him that he would be unable to do SDCs over the next few months...

"No way, that can't be right, you must be wrong"

Until I read him the email from the Altitude team...
I hope this is fixed faster then that. What happens in a misconnect?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by jeffypop75
Also if I go onto each individual booking in the app, there is a note saying "Your booking reference number XXXXXX has changed to XXXXXX"
Did you ever get an email regarding this?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:05 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
So much for the:

The first phase takes place on the evening of November 18 and will conclude the following morning.
Bookings still missing a bunch, no eup history or status or nominee and a numerous error messages throughout. But the flight pass app seems at least partially functional.

Hopefully they are working on more fixes overnight.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:23 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I hope this is fixed faster then that. What happens in a misconnect?
My thoughts exactly! But the email from the Altitude team did say the next few months, so this should be interesting...
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The email said self-service SDC.

That is so far removed from a misconnect.
codfather likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow

Thanks for that clarification...

Just went looking for the email and it seems I deleted it so couldn't double-check to see if my wording was right.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by canadiancow

I know last night was a particular exception, but last night I was told by concierge that SDC was impossible. Today when trying to attempt a different SDC after 12:00pm Eastern I was again told SDC was impossible. So if the concierge can't SDC a SE (albeit only in latitude not full J), what happens to anyone on any fare in a misconnect?

My answer would be that the concierge said standby is possible. So misconnects go on standby until they figure out Amadeus?
codfather likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC 35K, SPG GOLD
I have a trip with first leg on AC and second on LX. I see the first leg with new PNR on AC but the second leg doesn't show up. If I go to LX website, I see both legs. Strange.

Last edited by chebert999; Nov 19, 2019 at 7:55 pm
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by codfather
Thanks for that clarification...

Just went looking for the email and it seems I deleted it so couldn't double-check to see if my wording was right.
Beach digit.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC 75K
I had a booking that was completed by reservations that displayed on Mobile and wasn't displaying on the website - even after the site came back up after the migration. It's now displaying in My Bookings on the website. Wonder if the missing Aeroplan bookings are now displaying too?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
I had a booking that was completed by reservations that displayed on Mobile and wasn't displaying on the website - even after the site came back up after the migration. It's now displaying in My Bookings on the website. Wonder if the missing Aeroplan bookings are now displaying too?
Just checked and my bookings are now indeed showing up on the app! (While earlier today even logging into AP didn't make them appear)

Babysteps...
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Yup. 2/3 trips showed up automatically today plus 2/2 aeroplan bookings. I have to look up the new confirmstion number for trip 3 and then got it to load manually. Impressive. I just hope they add a seat map soon..
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 10:01 pm
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
"There was an error retrieving your ticket information." for all my Lifemiles bookings. Oh well, they're nearly a year out so it's fine. Bookings made with Aeroplan and UA seem intact.

Also, was able to select seats for tickets two friends of mine booked on AC1/2 even though they're basic economy fares. Wonder if they'll stick. Even weirder is one of the bookings is requesting payment if I try to change the seats from what I initially selected, and the other is letting me change freely.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by skybluesea
so how long are folks waiting to get on to SE Res line - now 10 mins and counting.

New experience as never wait more than 10-15 seconds
I called at 9:00 pm, and was on hold until 10:03 pm.

Also, the SE agent could not answer this question - perhaps the FT team knows: based on the fact that a failure to clear in advance of check-in seems to almost certainly mean the eUp won't clear at all, if I'm wait-listing now for a YYZ-FLL flight November 22, should I take from that there is a near-zero percent chance of eUpping? If that's the case, I want to fly into a different airport...

Thanks all!
Canadair

Last edited by Canadair; Nov 19, 2019 at 9:40 pm Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.