Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: AC, KL
Just changed my seats to preferred seats for free on a transpac flight on a standard fare.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by BML87
Just changed my seats to preferred seats for free on a transpac flight on a standard fare.
Shhh don't publicize it
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:20 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
The fun continues.

Okay, the website largely doesn't know anything about my reservations, eups, nominee or anything profile related, but the iOS Flight Pass app seemed to work. Except it doesn't.

When I try to change an existing flight (via "Edit") I get this helpful warning:

Except it's a FP booking done weeks in advance and should require no payment.

And apparently I already have a payment card loaded in the app.

And I can't add/edit a card via the app since it just redirects me to AC.com because there's no place to do so on my profile page.

I get that rez would be screwed up but, at least for me, anything that's more than skin deep from a personalization perspective is foobar on the web site. Dunno if it's just broken integrations and/or there's some weird dependency on some part of Amadeus that hasn't been deployed yet. I guess I will try again tomorrow. Maybe the elves will have fixed stuff by then.

At first I was curious, then amused, but I'm becoming disappointed verging on pissed. But certainly not surprised.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Nov 19, 2019 at 10:30 pm
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Fraggle Rock
At the moment I can't find any AC fixed rewards inventory on Aeroplan whatsoever...

Meanwhile, I see that WestJet is having an "All Systems Go" sale.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat., Hilton Diamond
Neither do I could find any AC award from UA web - even straightforward YVR-YYZ route got zero out throughout the calendar
any member got similar issue or just I was unlucky?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AC
All of my previous booked flights have a new PNR. When I check for eupgrades, they are all (now) showing not upgradeable, even though they are booked in flex or in Premium Economy. They are multi leg flights primarily with Brussels Airlines or Lufthansa but there is some Air Canada metal in there. I have some time so I will wait for the dust to settle.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:19 am

Programs: BA silver, AC *s p, A3, EI, KL, & UA nobody!
New Bookings - system still not working as it did prior to Nov18

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Like many others, the e-up stuff on AC.om is still broken for me.

Attempting to view transaction history yields the "eupg.error.8405" message, I can't even select my e-up credit history and the ability to look at my nominees simply reads "Not Available".

A work in progress methinks.
Today, tested AC.com (UK version) at 09:30 GMT/UTC by attempting a new reservation over EDI/YYZ/BDA (summer 2020) with dates that are in published schedules:-
Came up with ''There aren't any seats available in our Premium Economy cabin on or around the dates you selected for your trip.
The lowest round-trip prices displayed below are for our Economy Class cabin.'' - I was trying for PY ( premium rouge over EDI/YYZ)
Stuck with Y and followed on and system stated ''Unfortunately, no flight results were found for the search criteria you entered. You can:
  • enter alternate travel dates;
  • select another airport if your departure or arrival city offers more than one option (e.g. New York: LaGuardia and Newark airports);
  • check our Online Timetable for detailed information on flight schedules.
  • In addition, although some destinations may not be offered at aircanada.com, one of our Star Alliance partners may fly there. Contact Air Canada Reservations to see if your route is available.''
Prior to 18 Nov the system was fine with availability in PY (premium rouge) over EDI/YYZ +vv and automatic ticketing availability in B economy over YYZ/BDA +vv at IMO satisfactory pricing.

Interestingly enough using my AC APP and putting in the same 'dummy' booking it shows full availability - I'm just not ready to use the APP to make a booking.

It might be in ACs interest to put out another web statement that Work in Progress continues - maybe they have but I cant find anything!
If I was not an Altitude member or use FT I might take AC at their word and book with a competitor.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: AC*100K MM, HHonors Diamond
One hiccup today - I had used my SE code for a the free on board cafe voucher. All of the flights on my booking confirmation say “Air CANADA bistro” but neither the electronic or printed boarding pass have any indication of this. Even the agent in the lounge could no longer see it on my reservation. Not a big deal, but I used it specifically because I have very tight connections today and likely wouldn’t be able to stop for a snack.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Anyone still having issues accessing their eUpgrade account? I get a nicer error message now, but an error message nonetheless...
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Anyone still having issues accessing their eUpgrade account? I get a nicer error message now, but an error message nonetheless...
No issues accessing eUpgrade account, but for anyone who was due to receive additional threshold eUpgrade credits the day after the transition, those credits might be gone with the wind.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: aeroplan
Still no joy.. pretty error message.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Star Alliance - Gold, Bonvoy-Titanium, Hilton-Gold, Avis-President's Club
Eupgrade new site not working properly?

Hi all,

from expertflyer site, the R class is now showing up. Im trying to refund the eupgrade that i requested (still on waitlist), and rerequest the eupgrade, but for some reasons, it gives me an error message; unable to refund, end up still on wait list. Anyone has the same problem?

also, i had 1 booking reference for going and returning, now under transaction system, it shows a new booking reference for the return flight, is this normal? And my eupgrade waitlist is in that new booking reference number..

Im not too worried as there are still over 10 seats left in J with only 4 days left to go, but still, id like to secure my seat - the sooner the better, rather than at the gate.

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Originally Posted by Norcanair
At the moment I can't find any AC fixed rewards inventory on Aeroplan whatsoever...

Same. funny how that works....
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Originally Posted by YYT82
No issues accessing eUpgrade account.....
Mine is working

Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:55 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by 24left
Mine is working

I can get that far, but when I click on Transaction History, I get an error message

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.