Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by t_rex
Anyone notice anyone being upgraded at the gate last night?
I was watching the upgrade list on a couple international flights (heading back to Canada) last night and it appears that people who were waitlisted cleared at T-55min from flight time...maybe a sign they can process upgrades with 24h?
Ehhh... I was on FRA-YYC and it didn't seem like they cleared anybody at the gate, although I wasn't fully paying attention. It did seem like a couple people got moved up at like T-20 minutes.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Any DPs yet about trying to feeding a trip over the phone to Aeroplan agents since yesterday?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:15 pm

My wife and I have an upcoming flight in December from YEG to LGA on separate PNRs. I just checked both of them. Before, we were booked as "Joe Doe" and "Jane Doe". Now, after the AC system upgrade, our names show as "Joemr Doe" and "Janems Doe". I'm just wondering if that will cause any problems...? Should I bother trying to get them to fix that? I'm just thinking in terms of ID checks at the airport, CBSA, whatever.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canadave
My wife and I have an upcoming flight in December from YEG to LGA on separate PNRs. I just checked both of them. Before, we were booked as "Joe Doe" and "Jane Doe". Now, after the AC system upgrade, our names show as "Joemr Doe" and "Janems Doe". I'm just wondering if that will cause any problems...? Should I bother trying to get them to fix that? I'm just thinking in terms of ID checks at the airport, CBSA, whatever.
@canadave

FYI from these posts yesterday.

(Also, that is how my name always appeared on LH, LX and other PNRs even when the original AC ticket did not. Now there is some consistency.)

Originally Posted by pilot007
Yeah, changed for me too. Also, my first name now shows my title concatenated with it, e.g. Pilot007Mr.
Originally Posted by ericw
It seems AC now permanently attached "mr" as part my first name for 2 AP bookings.
Checkmytrip would not accept my first name without the mr...
Both are cross border trips. Do you think it will cause problem for APIS/TSA-PRE?
Originally Posted by lcohen999
I think you'll be fine. When my TA books, it is always cohen999LMR via Sabre and was fine

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by canadave
No. Many airline systems do this.

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by martyYOW
Mine has gone from error messages to a blank white page.
I have that too, but only in Chrome. Firefox is fine. Which is somewhat baffling since both browsers are configured the same way for AC.com. YMMV however.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by etgohomeok
Welcome to the world of poorly managed software development; you fix one bug, but you create five new ones in the process.
there, i fixed that for you.

seriously though, if the projects i used to manage had as many problems as AC and AP have, i would have been out the door on my butt very quickly.

properly managed development should not introduce new bugs when correcting old ones. that is simply inexcusable.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
For a RT just now booked, my eUps are broken. Saying several of the flights have "Cabin not available". I know its hardly layflat, but the e175,e190 and CRJ900 all have J.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
@canadave

FYI from these posts yesterday.

(Also, that is how my name always appeared on LH, LX and other PNRs even when the original AC ticket did not. Now there is some consistency.)
Thanks--I must've missed those. Appreciate it
24left likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Even without having to check EF, I would've said the direct non-stops would still have wide availability in all cabins...

And I just checked EF, and there is definitely wide open availability for YYZYVR Jan 10 and YVRYYZ Jan 19 in all cabins for the direct non-stops.
Thanks,

They are now showing up on the AC website but weren't there last night or this monring for some reason, only routings through other cities.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
This is like when Apollo missions went behind the moon and there was no communication for a few hours. Will AC emerge from the dark side in 9 hours time or will they have crashed?
Anyone know if AC has migrated from behind the moon yet?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
AC just mooned you.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Yes. Now they're into Earth re-entry with a few heat shields missing.
24left likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:54 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Concerning eUps; the email last week said that no at airport eUps (no timeframe given) but they would try to clear as many as they could in advance.

Anyone getting eUped more than 24 hours before a flight? I'd love to get some data on this as waitlisted sitting in O with 12 empty J seats for a 14 hour flight on the 27th.

Would a thread or wiki for last minute eUps de an god idea until the airport e'ups are working?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by coljung
Any DPs yet about trying to feeding a trip over the phone to Aeroplan agents since yesterday?
Was wondering the same thing.

Saw a few posts about weird / limited availability on the AE site but nothing about booking yet.

May take some time for some people to post with info...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.