Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:16 pm

Just made a flight pass booking. Try to select seats but get an error message that I need to call reservations...
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
I was just poking around on the website, and I can't wrap this around my head: how can things be more broken now than yesterday? (As an example, I was able to select/change my seats yesterday regardless where I made the booking. Today? Unable.)
bmg42000 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: Air Canada A35K, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by YYT82
I was just poking around on the website, and I can't wrap this around my head: how can things be more broken now than yesterday? (As an example, I was able to select/change my seats yesterday regardless where I made the booking. Today? Unable.)
Welcome to the world of software development; you fix one bug, but you create five new ones in the process.
JordanYVR, RangerNS and ecc like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by gspurr
I'm trying to book flights from YYZ-YVR return in January (10th and 19th) and can't find any direct flights on any dates around this time. There was lots of availability a few days ago. Is this a glitch?
https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...AC*AC;sd:1;t:f

?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Has anyone tried the complimentary upgrades with a latitude flight pass since the migration? Sounds like eups may not be too useful for a bit.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:34 pm

I haven't flown a great deal on Air Canada, so don't remember whether this is a change or just the (odd) way they do things. Have a flight tomorrow morning connecting to a flight tomorrow evening, all on Air Canada, all on one ticket. Checked in for the flights this morning and it would only let me check in for the first flight, not for the flight tomorrow evening. is this the way it has always been, or is it a lovely new bug they have added.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
I haven't flown a great deal on Air Canada, so don't remember whether this is a change or just the (odd) way they do things. Have a flight tomorrow morning connecting to a flight tomorrow evening, all on Air Canada, all on one ticket. Checked in for the flights this morning and it would only let me check in for the first flight, not for the flight tomorrow evening. is this the way it has always been, or is it a lovely new bug they have added.
If your flights are on the same calendar day (the connection doesn't leave after midnight), then I would say this is a new limitation. It used to be you could check in 24 hours before your first flight, and you would get checked in for all segments on that day.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
It's new, and it's annoying.

But honestly, things began acting weird on Friday. I had done a SDC and noticed that it broke the link between the changed flight and its connecting flights (i.e. I had to check into my connecting flight separately, and the check-in agent couldn't access my connecting flight info with just the first flight, so to print that boarding pass I gave her the flight numbers for the connecting flights). It's possible that during the migration, even though all flights are kept intact, the links indicating connections maybe all lost. This is just speculation though.

Last edited by YYT82; Nov 20, 2019 at 1:46 pm
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
If your flights are on the same calendar day (the connection doesn't leave after midnight), then I would say this is a new limitation. It used to be you could check in 24 hours before your first flight, and you would get checked in for all segments on that day.
Thanks, I thought it was new. Yes, both on the same calendar day (6 am and 9:40 pm). Also, when I checked in, it changed the preselected seats that I had to ones of it's own choosing, so maybe something for everyone else to watch, just in case you prefer the seats you selected to the ones Amadeus decided you would like better!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
That was never guaranteed.

I recently had a 6am flight connecting to an 8am flight, and even at 9am the previous day, I wasn't able to get checked in for the second segment (departing 23 hours later).
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:00 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
My e-up page is back and working, including the nominee list .There was this interesting note:

Credits Available - balance is currently being migrated and may not be fully accurate at this time
Since this hasn't been working for me since the migration, the elves must have snapped into action based on the 'feedback' note I sent them.

Okay, probably not. But hopefully this is a little closer to working for all of us.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
My e-up page is back and working, including the nominee list .There was this interesting note:SAme

Since this hasn't been working for me since the migration, the elves must have snapped into action based on the 'feedback' note I sent them.

Okay, probably not. But hopefully this is a little closer to working for all of us.
Same, my eUpgrade page is working now. However, still can't request any eUpgrades...
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Same, my eUpgrade page is working now. However, still can't request any eUpgrades...
Mine has gone from error messages to a blank white page.
Benner and canadiancow like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC SE
Anyone notice anyone being upgraded at the gate last night?
I was watching the upgrade list on a couple international flights (heading back to Canada) last night and it appears that people who were waitlisted cleared at T-55min from flight time...maybe a sign they can process upgrades with 24h?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by t_rex
Anyone notice anyone being upgraded at the gate last night?
I was watching the upgrade list on a couple international flights (heading back to Canada) last night and it appears that people who were waitlisted cleared at T-55min from flight time...maybe a sign they can process upgrades with 24h?
Were they eUpgrades or non-revs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.