Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Any datapoints on AE bookings sine the switch to Amadeus?
I know there was a ton of uncertainty on how bookings would be.

ie) Still able to call in and feed the agents itineraries segment by segment for mRTW or for more complex 1x ways etc. ?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Like many others, the e-up stuff on AC.om is still broken for me.

Attempting to view transaction history yields the "eupg.error.8405" message, I can't even select my e-up credit history and the ability to look at my nominees simply reads "Not Available".

A work in progress methinks.
As I posted about I get an error about not being eligible for upgrade....Has anyone had any success eUpgrading a flight (either Aeroplan or non-aeroplan)?

I called in to see if they could do something but the agent told me to try again in an hour (~40 minutes ago) OR go to an airport and see if they could add me (I LOL'ed when she said that ). Seems like they know its an issue but can't do anything about it . In any case the agent was apologetic and had a really positive attitude. Her first comment when I explained what I wanted to do was, "Ooo this seems like a fun challenge!".
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Other things I'm seeing:
1. https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/profile/view.html is showing an incorrect Aeroplan mile balance for my account
2. I was able to get to the point of requesting an upgrade, but upon selecting the business class option and confirming, I was given "eupg.error.8546" and the upgrade was not processed. Upon reviewing eupgrade transaction history, it shows that the eups were taken for the reservation, then given back right away ( -4, then +4)
3. On phone with SE desk and have been on hold to speak with an agent for 30 minutes
C-FMWQ likes this.

Last edited by j_the_p; Nov 19, 2019 at 1:57 pm Reason: images didn't post
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:03 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by j_the_p
Other things I'm seeing:
1. https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/profile/view.html is showing an incorrect Aeroplan mile balance for my account
You are lucky, at least you can see your profile. At this point all I get is:

We're sorry. It looks like something went wrong and you'll have to try again(81002)
j_the_p likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by C-FMWQ
As I posted about I get an error about not being eligible for upgrade....Has anyone had any success eUpgrading a flight (either Aeroplan or non-aeroplan)?
I’ve not tried but I can only assume that Aeroplan awards can no longer be upgraded with eUpgrades. Aeroplan tix could only be upgraded at the airport, and for now upgrades can only be processed in advance of airport, so I don’t think there is currently a mechanism to request eUpgrade to reward ticket.
C-FMWQ and Plumber like this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Delete
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by YEG USER
I’ve not tried but I can only assume that Aeroplan awards can no longer be upgraded with eUpgrades. Aeroplan tix could only be upgraded at the airport, and for now upgrades can only be processed in advance of airport, so I don’t think there is currently a mechanism to request eUpgrade to reward ticket.
That's what the agent thought but they oddly increased the window for aeroplan bookings to 3 days .
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
The new eUpgrade site looks pretty good.

I'm noticing a small discrepancy - missing one credit. The "Credit History" page shows "X credits expiring Feb 2020" and below that line "Total: X-1 credits".
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I also have the +2. Anyone who's SE not get those? Or anyone not SE get them?

I was commenting to a friend that giving SEs 25 was a little mean, given a TPAC needs 26.
I did not receive them.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YYT82
AC: We are not a charity.
Your sarcastic quips are cheapening the forum.
YYT82 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:27 pm

Foolishly I forgot to screenshot my dashboard. My AQD is now at $0 which I haven’t seen in months - hopefully just the same old problem. I’d hate to have to back and find proof for the $40k spend.

On AC.com it tells me I have no bookings and there is no place to manually add one. My AE booking is in the app but I was hoping to use that trick up thread to add a bistro code.

I can no longer find a place to check how many eUp credits a particular flight would require. If you have a PNR it will tell you of course but there’s no way to do investigation which sometimes helped me in deciding a fare basis to choose when purchasing.

That’s all I see for now as an issue but I’ll keep looking.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Foolishly I forgot to screenshot my dashboard. My AQD is now at $0 which I haven’t seen in months - hopefully just the same old problem. I’d hate to have to back and find proof for the $40k spend.

On AC.com it tells me I have no bookings and there is no place to manually add one. My AE booking is in the app but I was hoping to use that trick up thread to add a bistro code.

I can no longer find a place to check how many eUp credits a particular flight would require. If you have a PNR it will tell you of course but there’s no way to do investigation which sometimes helped me in deciding a fare basis to choose when purchasing.

That’s all I see for now as an issue but I’ll keep looking.
Regarding the eupgrade credits chart, I noticed they had removed all links to the eupgrade promotion chart prior to the migration. I do have the link bookmarked, but not on the device I am on. I'm sure someone else here has it bookmarked and the URL readily available to share.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Aside from a YVR-ZRH trip now being labelled LAX-ZRH, everything seems to be intact (including the YVR-LAX leg on the aforementioned trip). Could be worse!

edit: And AP booking reference changed to the shared Amadeus booking reference that I already had for UA/LX etc before! neato.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Update:
1. SE Desk agent is unable to process an upgrade for me, even though R space is available. They are able to select, but then cannot save/close the file.
2. No access to seat map, so they're unable to assign me a seat in Y.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC FOTSG, DL WM
Originally Posted by Needle Hill
Is it real? AC will give you $853 to fly YYZ-TPE!
This is great. Finally pricing that reflects the AC long-haul economy cabin experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.