Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Nexus
On a positive note, I’ve been able to apply a bistro voucher to an Aeroplan rewards ticket.

Seat changes look to be fine, but eupgrades appear to be glitchy and crash when I try and go that route.
j_the_p likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jasdou
Some people reported upthread that they could now see their Aeroplan bookings under My Bookings. I can't see mine.
I can NOT see my reward bookings under the "My Bookings" tab.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FifthBiz
Seat changes look to be fine, but eupgrades appear to be glitchy and crash when I try and go that route.
I made a seat change to the return flight of a reward booking .... but when I checked the confirmation email, I noticed that it had dropped one (of the three) seat reservations for the outbound flight. Luckily I caught it, and I was able to log back in and re-assign the seat .... but it's an odd error to just drop one of three seat assignments.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Test #2 : OLCI can still only be done 24 hours before the first flight in your itinerary. I tried to see if I could check in 47 hours prior like some other airlines, but the system kicked me out.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
I thought everything was ok but 2 of my 6 bookings (both created by UA) had the message:

A problem occurred with your session but a request was sent to create your booking. Please call us at 1-855-831-1435; a customer service representative will be able to verify that your booking is confirmed in our system.
We are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later. (err-7)
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by canopus27
The person who mentioned this upthread was referring to the app. Did you check there?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: AC*SE HHgold
Is it real? AC will give you $853 to fly YYZ-TPE!
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by FifthBiz
On a positive note, I’ve been able to apply a bistro voucher to an Aeroplan rewards ticket.

How were you able to go about doing this? I have a bistro code I'd like to apply to a reward flight as well - but cannot find a way where it'll let me do it.

Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by YYT82
Test #2 : OLCI can still only be done 24 hours before the first flight in your itinerary. I tried to see if I could check in 47 hours prior like some other airlines, but the system kicked me out.
Again, the DCS was not migrated, just the reservation system. We'll need to wait until they start the conversion of the DCS portion of Altea before we know what they'll allow.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canopus27
Just checked myself. I am in the same boat!

On another note, the new eUpgrade site is now just a part of the AC site and is much better!
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
So the fun begins. I am trying to make a SDC on a latitude fare from 112 to 114 and am told no can do, try calling res. There is R+J+Y space available (according to EF) and I already have a confirmed upgrade.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
So the fun begins. I am trying to make a SDC on a latitude fare from 112 to 114 and am told no can do, try calling res. There is R+J+Y space available (according to EF) and I already have a confirmed upgrade.
An already communicated limitation. SDC will only be available via an airport agent for the next couple of months.

Concierge desk might be able to help you.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Nexus
Originally Posted by Derian
How were you able to go about doing this? I have a bistro code I'd like to apply to a reward flight as well - but cannot find a way where it'll let me do it.

Thanks!
You need to find the new booking PNR. I found it in the AC app, and then pull it up under my bookings on AC.com. Go to Add Travel Options - at the top right on that screen, there’s a link for “Promotion Code”. Copy and paste the bistro code from your altitude page into that.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Again, the DCS was not migrated, just the reservation system. We'll need to wait until they start the conversion of the DCS portion of Altea before we know what they'll allow.
Of course I know DCS isn't migrated yet. Some people upthread were wondering whether they could check in 48 hours prior. I have an itinerary I could do a test with and I did just that and posted the result.

Even after the DCS is migrated, individual airlines can still limit how far advance you can check-in online. TG, who uses Amadeus, only allows 24 hours.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
An already communicated limitation. SDC will only be available via an airport agent for the next couple of months.

Concierge desk might be able to help you.
That was the concierge desk...at the local airport. I tried calling reservations but was hit with hold time and I figured it was best to just board 112. No pods for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.