Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by PLeblond
I can get that far, but when I click on Transaction History, I get an error message

I'm on that page now as well. And my booking seems locked. I'll just wait.

Less amusing is that a flight that previously only required 2 credits to upgrade, now shows 4 were deducted post migration. I'll leave it for a while but I believe this explains where the "AGENT" added 2 credits back manually somewhere somehow. My total # of credits is correct. So there has been some behind the scenes "adjustments" and I'll assume the "Credits Needed" charts have changed but we just don't know the new numbers yet. Who knows.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flyingbunny88
Hi all,

from expertflyer site, the R class is now showing up. Im trying to refund the eupgrade that i requested (still on waitlist), and rerequest the eupgrade, but for some reasons, it gives me an error message; unable to refund, end up still on wait list. Anyone has the same problem?

also, i had 1 booking reference for going and returning, now under transaction system, it shows a new booking reference for the return flight, is this normal? And my eupgrade waitlist is in that new booking reference number..

Im not too worried as there are still over 10 seats left in J with only 4 days left to go, but still, id like to secure my seat - the sooner the better, rather than at the gate.

Thanks!

A few of us just posted about eUpgrade issues in the Amadeus migration thread.

Also in that thread are posts from the last 2 days where we noticed that the PNRs have changed and are all new post-migration.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
I can't see the seat map on the AC website for any existing reservations. Same on the CheckMyTrip website/app and ExpertFlyer website.
And if I try to create a new reservation, I cannot see the seat map either.
I tried different browsers and in private mode to no avail.

Anyone else having issues seeing seat maps?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
I can't see the seat map on the AC website for any existing reservations. Same on the CheckMyTrip website/app and ExpertFlyer website.
And if I try to create a new reservation, I cannot see the seat map either.
I tried different browsers and in private mode to no avail.

Anyone else having issues seeing seat maps?
Yes- same issue--its not just you- hopefully a glitch as part of the migration and will be cleared up soon.
DNAwizard likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Plumber
Yes- same issue--its not just you- hopefully a glitch as part of the migration and will be cleared up soon.
Thanks. A post-post-migration glitch since everything was working fine post-migration yesterday.
Plumber likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: AC 2MM, ALT 75 k
Agree - seems to be significant software issue - initially shows availability, once accepted shows waitlisted AND when attempting a second pass, message that says fare code is ineligible (shows lowest economy for flight lass when it is normally M class).

Also 25 minutes on that annoying music loop with messages to talk to someone at superelite desk.

I suspect whatever they did on Nov 18 has not been stabilized yet
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
Thanks. A post-post-migration glitch since everything was working fine post-migration yesterday.
They may be trying to fix the preferred-seats-free-for-all situation.
DNAwizard and Yhztraveller like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:58 am

long wait for Air Canada phone agents

Has others experienced this week? the call into Air Canada Super Elite 100K desk is very long. over 30 minutes today now still waiting. Yesterday, I gave up at 45 minutes
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
been on hold for 48 minutes and counting...Indicated hold time could exceed 60 minutes...Something needs to happen soon because I finish work at 2pm Mountain.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dinotoon
One hiccup today - I had used my SE code for a the free on board cafe voucher. All of the flights on my booking confirmation say “Air CANADA bistro” but neither the electronic or printed boarding pass have any indication of this. Even the agent in the lounge could no longer see it on my reservation. Not a big deal, but I used it specifically because I have very tight connections today and likely wouldn’t be able to stop for a snack.
Yes, those don't show up any more.

Just tell the crew what you're entitled to.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
The app shows my upcoming bookings made on both AC.com and our corporate OTA, but the website only shows the AC.com ones. On neither can I see what seats I am flying in tomorrow on my way home nor can I change them.

I need to book another trip to Europe in December and quite frankly right now I'm afraid to even attempt it.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: TK *G
Since 2018 or so the wait time for the E and SE line has increased significantly, and as always it gets worse if there is any weather related event or IT issue.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: AP 50k
Managed to change all of my seats to preferred seats at no additional charge. My god what a mess. Anyone find mistake fares yet?

Last edited by bigjon94; Nov 20, 2019 at 9:17 am
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Commie
Has others experienced this week? the call into Air Canada Super Elite 100K desk is very long. over 30 minutes today now still waiting. Yesterday, I gave up at 45 minutes
@Commie

For example, see posts 568 and 570 from just yesterday, in the thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...madeus-38.html

This might be one reason you and others are waiting
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dmw1954
....I suspect whatever they did on Nov 18 has not been stabilized yet
It's a major migration. It will not stabilize for a while and some parts may work sooner than others. Discussed here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...madeus-38.html

Originally Posted by dmw1954
.....Also 25 minutes on that annoying music loop with messages to talk to someone at superelite desk.....
Yes, mentioned in 2 other current threads including the one linked above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.