Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
1 hour 37 minutes...
I'm going to milk this call since I've paid my dues.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Can anyone find travel alerts any more? The link just takes me to a flight status page.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Can anyone find travel alerts any more? The link just takes me to a flight status page.
It has been that way since the migration. Many things are broken right now.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by YYT82
It has been that way since the migration. Many things are broken right now.
Yes, I know that link has been broken, but is there another way to find alerts?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Yes, I know that link has been broken, but is there another way to find alerts?
Just started working again for me. However no more online rebooking tool for flights affected by alerts? Need to call now.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
My eUpgrade account page on aircanada.com still isn't working, and the concierge just responded saying they are unable to help with eUpgrades during the stabilization phase... Guess I won't be able to upgrade my flight tomorrow, unless they somehow fix my profile in the next few hours before check-in opens for my flight.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Mict
Just started working again for me. However no more online rebooking tool for flights affected by alerts? Need to call now.
They must be reading this thread

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
My eUpgrade account page on aircanada.com still isn't working, and the concierge just responded saying they are unable to help with eUpgrades during the stabilization phase... Guess I won't be able to upgrade my flight tomorrow, unless they somehow fix my profile in the next few hours before check-in opens for my flight.
If call times were more reasonable right now, my response would be along the lines of "try res".

I'd try an email to the concierge. Much easier for them to pass it along to someone more capable.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: Air Canada A35K, Bonvoy Platinum
Logged on earlier this morning to check a short-haul domestic Y reservation next weekend and randomly found the "free preferred seats" glitch. It's just a few 1 hour flights but I have exit row seats now

Strangely, I tried logging into an Aeroplan booking in J which has some segments on Y-only aircraft and I can't pick the preferred seats for those flights, I get error "We weren't able to assign your seats for this flight. (SS_SEAT_002)"
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:43 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by edinv
It might be in ACs interest to put out another web statement that Work in Progress continues - maybe they have but I cant find anything!
If I was not an Altitude member or use FT I might take AC at their word and book with a competitor.
The key phrase here is "ACs interest".

Since AC does not communicate effectively with its customers, the only time they will communicate is when it's in their interests, i.e. new bookings driving more revenue. Everything else is optional.

Parts of AC.com and related assets are still broke for many of us but we don't know if we should complain or wait until the undefined "stabilization period" is over. Just like stay flats, there's no acknowledgement of a problem or a projected time frame for a fix other than around March 2020.

Me, I'm gonna complain since all of their nice 8xxx error codes tell me to do just that. And in the absence of any other information from them, I have to assume they are unaware of the problem(s) and need to be told.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
They must be reading this thread

If call times were more reasonable right now, my response would be along the lines of "try res".

I'd try an email to the concierge. Much easier for them to pass it along to someone more capable.
I did email the concierge...
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I'm trying to book flights from YYZ-YVR return in January (10th and 19th) and can't find any direct flights on any dates around this time. There was lots of availability a few days ago. Is this a glitch?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:10 am

Was just able to get free preferred seat selection on an AP Y award booking but no luck with a revenue Standard ticket for flights next weekend.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by gspurr
I'm trying to book flights from YYZ-YVR return in January (10th and 19th) and can't find any direct flights on any dates around this time. There was lots of availability a few days ago. Is this a glitch?
Even without having to check EF, I would've said the direct non-stops would still have wide availability in all cabins...

And I just checked EF, and there is definitely wide open availability for YYZYVR Jan 10 and YVRYYZ Jan 19 in all cabins for the direct non-stops.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 24left
@Commie

For example, see posts 568 and 570 from just yesterday, in the thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...madeus-38.html

This might be one reason you and others are waiting
Glad I am not travelling or need AC assistance right now.
I think they should change the hold music to Rock me Amadeus so we can get into the swing of things.
Hopefully there is a silver lining.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by YYT82
No issues accessing eUpgrade account, but for anyone who was due to receive additional threshold eUpgrade credits the day after the transition, those credits might be gone with the wind.
I’ve been able to access it, but it tells me that the flight is not eligible for upgrade. Mind you, this may be because I’m accessing through my wife’s account to eupgrade a booking I made for the two of us. Maybe this isn’t eligible anyhow, but I did think that she could upgrade us so long as she was on the PNR (she’s an E35).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.