Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Aeroplan Black
Just wondering if anyone had any success booking mRTW post amadeus migration?
I'm curious cos I'm about to book mine later this month.. and from what I heard AP agent can't build the itineraries segment-by-segment anymore after this migration...
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xanderz
Just wondering if anyone had any success booking mRTW post amadeus migration?
I'm curious cos I'm about to book mine later this month.. and from what I heard AP agent can't build the itineraries segment-by-segment anymore after this migration...
If by "later this month" you mean "tomorrow", then good luck.

If you mean "in a month or two", then no one knows the answer. Steady-state is unknown at this time for virtually everything. Right now there's a lack of training and broken systems all over the place.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Is another bug in eUpgrades that Lat seats are not upgrading properly? To be fair this would happen pre-cutover. But I just booked a Lat/Y TB and there is P on both segments and I was waitlisted.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If by "later this month" you mean "tomorrow", then good luck.

If you mean "in a month or two", then no one knows the answer. Steady-state is unknown at this time for virtually everything. Right now there's a lack of training and broken systems all over the place.
Sounds real bad. But also not surprising for AC IT system.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yowcat
Is another bug in eUpgrades that Lat seats are not upgrading properly? To be fair this would happen pre-cutover. But I just booked a Lat/Y TB and there is P on both segments and I was waitlisted.
Domestic and Transborder requires Z>0 or R>0. I am assuming "TB" means Transborder here.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:51 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Robyyz
Conundrum: first time booking using Aeroplan points in ages. Make a booking on SAS and, as the final step, the AP website says to call the contact centre on
1-844-459-7857. I'm in the UK and on multiple phones it says the number can't be reached from where I am. So I ask a friend in the U.S. to dial it and it he says it doesn't work.

I've been calling the main AP number for hours and can't get through or even stay on hold. The booking expires tomorrow.

Any advice from the crowd? Thanks in advance!

Rob
When stuck in odd corners of the earth, I often use Skype on my computer or phone to call North America. Regular numbers are $0.02 a minute but toll free numbers usually work on Skype at no charge.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by etgohomeok
I have the same issue with one of my Aeroplan bookings (but my other one is working fine). Does yours have any flights operated by third-party carriers by any chance? My suspicion is that the seat selection on my booking is failing because one segment is operated by ANA. The other three are Air Canada metal and i can access the seat selection screen for them but get the same error message as you when I try to confirm the selections.
i just made an aeroplan booking and seats were assigned but i can' change them..it shows the seat map and i can choose available seats but at the end, it gives the SS_SEAT_001 error and none of the changes make it through

all on AC metal
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
This change has been disastrous for hold times.
I have been in hold for over an hour (SE line).
The agent had to check so many things and keep me on hold.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by gilboman
i just made an aeroplan booking and seats were assigned but i can' change them..it shows the seat map and i can choose available seats but at the end, it gives the SS_SEAT_001 error and none of the changes make it through

all on AC metal

same same same! This is weird, any one else experiencing this?

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
Originally Posted by yowcat
Not entirely the same issue but does the Star Alliance Upgrade from Latitude B to Business not working either? It shows no inventory, but EF shows space.
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by mendy7511
This change has been disastrous for hold times.
I have been in hold for over an hour (SE line).
The agent had to check so many things and keep me on hold.

You win. I gave up at the 1 hour mark very late last night as per.

Originally Posted by 24left
Well, I took the challenge. Called the concierge.

Here is my collector's item. First time ever on hold for this long with anyone at AC, or anywhere else. I then waited 38 minutes for the SE line.

BTW, I also sent an email and got an auto-reply. My favourite part:

"If you’d like to get in touch with us right away, you have two options:
• Travel within the next 24 hours: Call us on the dedicated Concierge number
• Travel beyond 24 hours: Call us on the dedicated Reservations number"

Um, ok. Can't think of which emoji to use, so let's go with this one since it's zero dark something
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Aside from the current bugs, I am really liking the changes... I find things are much faster to load and I like the integration of eUpgrades with the website, instead of taking us to a ridiculous eUpgrade website...
I would assume when all the dust has settled, it may be a case of one step back, two steps forward.

Random data point. Flew from YYZ to LGA and back today with zero delays. The flight from LGA actually left early ! Clearly this has to do with the efficiency of Amadeus

p.s. I can't believe how beautiful the new LGA is and the MLL. That is...until you walk outside of course
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Finally, after years of the same message on the Altitude page about their to large-to-handle call and contact volumes

A new message

Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
Yesterday when I finally got through the line I asked the agent if they can see how long I had been on hold...

She replied 1 hour 37 minutes...
When all said and done I was 2 hours 40 minutes

Today was much better...
I woke up at 5am mountain time and called in around 530am.
Cant recall when I got through but final total for the call was 1 hour 50 minutes.

This was on the priority line. I am only E50k so not sure if SE has a different line.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:33 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Good lord!

I wonder if it's high call volume, average handle time or a combination of both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.