Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
The curious part for me isn't necessarily that these things are generated and mailed out, but that they're mailed out days after the flight is taken... receipts should be provided at the time that the money is spent, not at the time that the purchased goods are used. See: e-ticket receipts
capedreamer likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 5:22 pm
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Wouldn't be surprised if it's so infrastructure is set up to charge people the difference in Y and J taxes (ie APD)...
Or perhaps so that businesses can audit their employees and see how many upgrades they get? (For people travelling on OPM.)
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
NO Status - Call Centre SUCCESS report

For those of us with no status, I thought that we could share any success that we have in reaching the call centre:

Monday, December 9, 6:10 am EST
25 mins on hold to reach agent
35 mins on the call to have the agent change 1 flight, and confirm seats on 3 other flights.

Anyone else had any luck?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ffsim
The curious part for me isn't necessarily that these things are generated and mailed out, but that they're mailed out days after the flight is taken... receipts should be provided at the time that the money is spent, not at the time that the purchased goods are used. See: e-ticket receipts
I'm actually receiving these soon after I complete the flight(s). Not immediately but maybe a couple hours later.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I noticed that all my bookings (including AE) are how showing on the web page, which they never used to (unless booking from AC.com)

They have been showing in the app for a while now
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by ffsim
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I'm actually receiving these soon after I complete the flight(s). Not immediately but maybe a couple hours later.
I've got them shortly after completing the flight, but also at the time of upgrading, I have received a confirmation email, so these emails are redundant. And the subject line, something about schedule change, is alarming if one has future travel as well as past travel.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Nitehawk

Are you 100% sure it was actually an SDC?
Not sure how they did it. I specified SDC and I wasn't charged for the change (which I believe aligns with the fare rules).

I have an interesting datapoint. I SDC'd two segments of a three segment trip (in one direction). The third segment which was flown one day later than the SDC'd segments has now posted to Altitude/Aeroplan; the SDC'd segments have not posted, despite my BPs properly showing my altitude status.

Last edited by Nitehawk; Dec 10, 2019 at 9:58 am Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by CarNut
For those of us with no status, I thought that we could share any success that we have in reaching the call centre:

Monday, December 9, 6:10 am EST
25 mins on hold to reach agent
35 mins on the call to have the agent change 1 flight, and confirm seats on 3 other flights.

Anyone else had any luck?
Sunday December 8.
1st call a recorded message saying that they cannot put me on hold due to the volume of calls.
Tried a short while later and got to be on hold with an estimated wait of at least 1 hour. In reality they were correct. It was 113 minutes before I began to speak with an agent.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 3:01 pm

My recent data points...

Over the last week I've had 3 different flights. 1 booked via TA (booked pre-migration), not upgraded. 2 booked with flight pass (post migration), both upgraded. I wasn't able to use the app to OLCI any of the 3 flights - I kept getting an error that the PNR couldn't be located. 1 of the flights (I can't remember which one) I tried checking in using the website but got an error message too.

There was no issue checking in at the airport for any of these.

One of my flights I got the the airport a bit early and saw that the previous YVR-YEG was delayed. I was able to standby for the earlier flight. Agent printed off a SBY BP in addition to the one for my confirmed flight and off to the gate I went. Total time to check-in with agent (including getting put on standby for the earlier flight) was probably only 1-2 minutes. My booked flight had been upgraded to J - I found it interesting that my SBY BP was for as well (I thought they might have put me on SBY for Y cabin but they didn't).
Old Dec 9, 2019, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG USER
My recent data points...

Over the last week I've had 3 different flights. 1 booked via TA (booked pre-migration), not upgraded. 2 booked with flight pass (post migration), both upgraded. I wasn't able to use the app to OLCI any of the 3 flights - I kept getting an error that the PNR couldn't be located. 1 of the flights (I can't remember which one) I tried checking in using the website but got an error message too.

There was no issue checking in at the airport for any of these.

One of my flights I got the the airport a bit early and saw that the previous YVR-YEG was delayed. I was able to standby for the earlier flight. Agent printed off a SBY BP in addition to the one for my confirmed flight and off to the gate I went. Total time to check-in with agent (including getting put on standby for the earlier flight) was probably only 1-2 minutes. My booked flight had been upgraded to J - I found it interesting that my SBY BP was for as well (I thought they might have put me on SBY for Y cabin but they didn't).
They don't put you on standby for a cabin. They put you on standby. The system handles the rest. Even if you're not confirmed in J on the later flight, you'll be listed for J on the earlier flight if you have a pending upgrade request. If you're eligible for J on your confirmed flight, then you're eligible for J on the early one.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/tops...gSi?li=AAggFp5
CBC article quoting customers frustration with AC, specifically hold times
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: AC 35k
Question - with the ongoing MAX issues, Air Canada is swapping out aircraft and messing up seat assignments. For some reason because the aircraft switched there's no way to change seats online, I have to call Res. Aeroplan could do it too, but they tell you to call back if there's no flying within 72 hours. If I hold, will they do it or not (is this an edict or "suggestion" to try to free up the lines?)
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's a suggestion. If I want to change a flight in two weeks, I can't wait until 72 hours, because space will be gone.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Got an email notifying me of a changed seat assignment. This was a preferred seat. Apparently preferred seats that accommodate bassinets can only be booked via the call centre now? In reassigning the seat, they separated me from my minor son. Excellent. Gearing up for an hour on hold.

Edit: got it resolved via Twitter while still on hold for a telephone agent...

Last edited by Mauricio23; Dec 10, 2019 at 11:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.