Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've been told very explicitly that seat blocking was already not possible.

So one of us (me) was told something wrong.

Needless to say, I think everything we know so far is from people who work at the airport.
Don't a lot of Amadeus airlines implement seat blocking though? I would expect the switch to make it more possible, not less
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
checked in for my pre-8pm flight no problem
post-8pm flight had a slight ckin hiccup, but the ckin patted its back gently and then it burped
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I have just successfully cleared some eups. Also cleared at airport this morning but then strange things happened. Not going to share details but...

PSA - if you have done eUp activity in the last day or two check your account and keep a close eye.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've been told very explicitly that seat blocking was already not possible.

So one of us (me) was told something wrong.

Needless to say, I think everything we know so far is from people who work at the airport.
I'd say 50/50. Seat blocking is not "technically" possible, but did see a way in which the seats next to me became unavailable... In my many years as SE, it was only done once and not so much because I asked directly...
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@yyznomad and I were just discussing Y2K as it may relate to AC in v2.0

He said that the Amadeus migration should go smoothly since Y2K 1.0 went smoothly on Jan 1 2000.
I replied that nothing every goes smoothly all the time at AC. That's why we have the AQD Ladies.
He replied: Well, then we can't call it Y2K 2.0
Instead, he suggested we call it:
AIRMAGEDDON 1.0

lol
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I have just successfully cleared some eups. Also cleared at airport this morning but then strange things happened. Not going to share details but...

PSA - if you have done eUp activity in the last day or two check your account and keep a close eye.
Thanks for the heads up though you fill me with doubt. I eUpped flights on Saturday, Sunday and this morning. I will keep an eye though though my account is already pretty empty now so any surprise would be a good surprise. I guess.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope

In addition to my problems today I had an extra flight added to two different PNR's on Saturday, and then eups used for those flights. I suspect that Concierge tried to protect me, but somehow confirmed me instead. I did not request the flights be protected.

I won't complain about the eups if they give me the AQM and wings.....
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
T-1 minute......
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC SE
How many people are anxiously refreshing this thread right now, hoping for juicy horror stories?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jasdou
How many people are anxiously refreshing this thread right now, hoping for juicy horror stories?
...... and have snacks or a drink in hand to watch the show?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
At YOW, no planes falling from the sky.

I got on the standby list for an earlier flight. Didn't try to upgrade
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I don't think they've actually taken anything down yet. Everything I'm looking at still works. I suspect the window they gave is their estimated "worst case". It might not go down for another hour.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Which reminds me.... Aeroplan agents received 4 days of training and a very big binder. ^
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I don't think they've actually taken anything down yet. Everything I'm looking at still works. I suspect the window they gave is their estimated "worst case". It might not go down for another hour.
ap.com is definitely down though:

We Appreciate Your Patience

We are currently migrating to a new reservation system, which means our website will be temporarily offline until mid-day November 19th when service will resume. In addition, during this period while the migration to the new system takes place, our Contact Centre will not be able to assist you with any new or existing Flight Reward bookings. More information can be found here.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:15 pm

cappuccino machine stopped working, the Lindt chocolates have disappeared, as has all coke zero....

Oh, and they keep asking if canadiancow or RangerNS is in the terminal. Apparently they need an IT doctor!!
wrp96 and canadiancow like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.