Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
I would book your Aeroplan ticket now - availability may not be there by the time the system comes back up.
Booked.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by canopus27
... starting tonight at 8pm.
Joke's on you it's actually 8pm UTC! /s
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I have booked myself a latitude (B) ticket for tomorrow at 10am PST. I booked it last night. I confirmed my eupgs at the same time. I guess I shouldn't try changing it? I might want to SDC at midnight tonight if a seat opens up. Let the fun being!
24left likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by 24left
.......Called Aeroplan. Agent ALSO getting "Page Not Found" on her system.

Agent went for help and just came back to advise that the "website is down for all members". Agent is trying through her system.

Amadeus striking a little early? Or just Aeroplan having pre-Amadeus early warning symptoms?
Aaaaaaaand, booked. Took agent a very long time as their systems were starting to mince as well.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
I expect this to be a lively thread over the next few days!

As long as Amadeus doesn't impede my ability to book segment runs through Google Flights, I have no problem with this system change.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by codfather
I expect this to be a lively thread over the next few days!

As long as Amadeus doesn't impede my ability to book segment runs through Google Flights, I have no problem with this system change.
It may not impede your ability to book segment runs, but you might have trouble finishing them.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by YYT82
It may not impede your ability to book segment runs, but you might have trouble finishing them.
Eeeek I don't like the sounds of that! Lol

Another data point, I wonder if agents will still be able to book crazy routings in cases of IRROPS or schedule changes.

I will be distraught if I can't change to YYZ-YUL-YOW-YHZ-YYT due to a schedule change on YYZ-YYT
pewpew likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by codfather
Eeeek I don't like the sounds of that! Lol

Another data point, I wonder if agents will still be able to book crazy routings in cases of IRROPS or schedule changes.

I will be distraught if I can't change to YYZ-YUL-YOW-YHZ-YYT due to a schedule change on YYZ-YYT
I prefer changing YYZ-FRA to YYZ-YVR-YYC-FRA or DCA-YYZ to DCA-ORD-YVR-YYZ and still getting home sooner than AC's auto-booked option.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Joke's on you it's actually 8pm UTC! /s
I know (at least, I think ) you're joking .... but for the benefit of others reading here and looking for facts, the website is very clear that the time is 8pm ET:
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...em-update.html
Starting at 20:00 ET on Nov. 18
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow

There are also many times I stand by on something that isn't a legal connection, with the hopes that I make it. If I clear standby, but don't make it to the gate in time, I still have my original seat.

They're going to cause a ton of problems for themselves if it behaves as described. And I'm not saying they wouldn't do anything like that. But it will be bad.
My understanding is that in the specific scenario you are describing (standing by for an earlier flight that you might not make), it would indeed give up your seat on the later flight. That I only have one source, and it was post training roughly 4 weeks ago...
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 24left
I was told the "phantom' or "ghosting" of PNRs is going away. If all of the tools that the concierges - or other AC agents - can use to move pax along to their flights are removed, it will just be more work for staff even if the new Amadeus system is better for AC overall.
Yes, I was told something along the same lines for a recent trip that involved blocking a few seats next to me... "Enjoy it while it last as we won't be able to do so when the new system is live". In that case though, they seemed to refer to the airport system, rather than reservation system - and this is something else to keep in mind. I suspect that most information that may have "leaked" so far may have more to do with airport control systems, than the actual reservation system which is going live tonight.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:35 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I suspect once some of these 'leaks' actually get confirmed, we may want to start collecting relevant factoids for a post Apocalypse wiki.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
Yes, I was told something along the same lines for a recent trip that involved blocking a few seats next to me... "Enjoy it while it last as we won't be able to do so when the new system is live". In that case though, they seemed to refer to the airport system, rather than reservation system - and this is something else to keep in mind. I suspect that most information that may have "leaked" so far may have more to do with airport control systems, than the actual reservation system which is going live tonight.
I've been told very explicitly that seat blocking was already not possible.

So one of us (me) was told something wrong.

Needless to say, I think everything we know so far is from people who work at the airport.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Just called in to make an itinerary change for a flight I have tomorrow.
Very helpful agent, was able to do it and re-confirm my E-Up that I already had and cleared again for tomorrow's flight.

She said: "You called at the perfect time, we're changing our systems tonight and we're not really sure how it's going to go..."

Didn't fill me with much confidence.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Man, this does feel like Y2K all over again, Except something may actually happen this time.

Hope I can get on my next flight, and that it doesn’t fall out of the sky!
canopus27 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.